Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete26 View Post
    If I was in charge of DC entertainment, and given Ben Affleck's resignation as Batman, I would can all future Batman and Superman movies and integrate the characters into the CW Arrowverse. The Batman series have always done better at least in pulp fiction as tv series.

It seems with the introduction of Batwoman, Titans and Superman, the stage is set for a new chapter for DC entertainment.
    Honestly, turning all of their attention toward low budget soap operas would be suicide for DC Entertainment. Even if you enjoy those shows, you can admit they are no quality and have a very limited audience. AQUAMAN has made over a billion dollars...since December alone....
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-23-2019 at 08:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    If there's anything that defines Damian is his inflexibility.

Around 90% of Tim stories can't be told with Damian.

None of the ones involving high school for example. For the simple reason that they are very different characters.

As for Damian being more interesting, we just have to agree to disagree.
    Thats not the point, for Tim to exist in a meaningful capacity the franchise has to go through very specific story beats. Dick has to be introduced, then he has to graduate to Nightwing then Jason to show up only to be blown up, Jason also has to be depicted as a collosal failure and mistake then Batman's world has to turn upside down. Only after all that Tim can show up and actually deserve to be called Tim.
    Damian doesn't need even Dick or even the Robin mantle to exist(but it would be preferable if they did), he's that flexible. All Damian needs is Bruce banging Talia and given how used/overused the al Ghuls have been since Batman Begins its not a long shot by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Thats not the point, for Tim to exist in a meaningful capacity the franchise has to go through very specific story beats. Dick has to be introduced, then he has to graduate to Nightwing then Jason to show up only to be blown up, Jason also has to be depicted as a collosal failure and mistake then Batman's world has to turn upside down. Only after all that Tim can show up and actually deserve to be called Tim.
    Damian doesn't need even Dick or even the Robin mantle to exist(but it would be preferable if they did), he's that flexible. All Damian needs is Bruce banging Talia and given how used/overused the al Ghuls have been since Batman Begins its not a long shot by any means.
    No.

The only mistake, was DC victim blaming Jason for his death for years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The irony is that in today's climate Duke and Carrie have the best chances of making it on to the big screen. Because they are diverse and in demand. Fans speculating need to look at the market. If anyone told us Cass would make her big screen debut before Dick we would have called them crazy.
    I both agree and disagree. For one Dick made his live action debut in Batman Forever, then he showed up in the sequel.
    Secondly you're correct about minorities and women but that doesn't guarantee anything for Duke. There's more likelihood of Batwing or an original character altogether being used over Duke. Duke's hype has completely died, even Snyder has abandoned him altogether.
    Barbara would also make Carrie redundant.
    Similarly I dont see movie Cass ever becoming Batgirl or joining the Batfamily. The BOP film is a Harley love fest, the fact Batgirl/Barbara isn't in it and the fact Reeves snatched Penguin away from that film as well all say to me is that WB is undecided over whether they intend to keep it with their plans for other Bat films. Harley will be fine, they'll just move her in to the Reeves verse but others, not so much. Leto for instance is out and Suicide Squad is heavily rumored to feature a mostly new cast/quasi reboot.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 02-24-2019 at 11:05 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    No.

The only mistake, was DC victim blaming Jason for his death for years.
    It doesn't matter, Jason being a massive failure is how Tim Drake was built up to be Robin.

BANNED

It doesn't matter, Jason being a massive failure is how Tim Drake was built up to be Robin.
    It matters to some of us. If Jason had been given the big rollout that was lavished on Timmy Wimmy , we would have been spared ever having to see Tim Duck.

I think they can do that better in the Titans show. with movies, I'm not all in for a full Robin origin. Heck, which one for that matter?

If they will go with a Bat-Family movie, they would do better just to skip full origins for everyone and just start it off "in media res".

I wouldn't mind a Damian origin on film - by which I mean another Talia sex scene.

Edit: If you had to include Robin or the whole extended Bat-family, I'd handle all the origins like in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 02-25-2019 at 12:51 PM.

I think any one of the Robins (including elseworlds) could be used in a live action adaptation. If there's something about their origin or character that, in the comics, requires more set up than they can do in a movie, they can just rewrite the character's origin to suit the project. Or cherry pick what they like about the Robins and come up with their own version. That's basically what happened in the Batman movies with Dick and Barbara, and BTAS Tim. Like, I can see them introducing Carrie, an orphaned acrobat with street smarts who's good with tech.

And as much as Damian is my favorite, I'd prefer them to do any of the others, because he's the only one who can't be a "kid in need taken in by Batman," and that's the Robin story I want to see on screen, personally. Even Tim can fit that narrative if you completely rewrite his origin like in BTAS, but you can't really rewrite Damian's that way.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure if Robin will worked that well in life action movies, since the time gaps between them are usually quite big (there were 3-4 years between each of Nolan's Batman movies). I think Robin workes better in series, were you could see him grow up and develop.

Extraordinary Member

Similarly I dont see movie Cass ever becoming Batgirl or joining the Batfamily.
    Based on what I have seen sofar, I suspect that the BoP-Cass is most likely Cass in name only.

It's easier for an adult actor to fake being a teenager than being a child so i could see them leaning towards a teen robin.

Damian is the only one affected by that as everyone else could just be raised to 15 and still work. Granted they could introduce him as a 15 year old and go from there.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If they do a Robin origin in the next Batman movie, Jason’s is likely the easiest to do followed by Dick. Damian would require some effort but wouldn’t be impossible. Not sure how you could make Tim work through.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It matters to some of us. If Jason had been given the big rollout that was lavished on Timmy Wimmy , we would have been spared ever having to see Tim Duck.
    Jason Todd was doomed from the start. Tim Drake was basically a do-over. How Jason Todd should have been done in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Jason Todd was doomed from the start. Tim Drake was basically a do-over. How Jason Todd should have been done in the first place.
    He was doomed by having a writer that hated the concept of Robin so much, he wanted Jason to get AIDS.