Page 1000 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 5009009509909969979989991000100110021003100410101050110015002000 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 35047
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Guys its page 1000!! Bug out!!!

U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    David Walker and Sanford Greene on new Power Man & Iron Fist series!!!

http://www.fastcocreate.com/3051817/...st-at-marvel#1
    This is the best news I've seen all day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    eh i dont know if ur fighting a war i expect some casualties. Obviously no Character D is galling besides u know villains randomly flipping to the good side.
    Oh that makes sense, but that same thought process often can prevent character development. A perfect example of death ruining character development is Agents of Shield. Trip has so much potential, had so much to explore and develop, but because with war comes causalities, they killed him off. Now all that potential went right out the window.

That's why for me, stakes are not important. I'm much more interested in Trip as a person, exploring his mindset, see where his story takes him, rather than the possibility of him getting killed off or not, which he actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post

BANNED

Yeah but it can be good I think Jirayia had a great death in Naruto.

Dont talk to me about Tripp he had no Character D at all. Plus they double bluffed then killed the black guy in the dumbest way possible with several plot holes.

Astonishing Member

Yeah but it can be good I think Jirayia had a great death in Naruto.

Dont talk to me about Tripp he had no Character D at all. Plus they double bluffed then killed the black guy in the dumbest way possible with several plot holes.
    Oh yeah, but the entire purpose was to established how dire a situation it was, drama for the sake of drama that makes absolutely no sense. So for me, if there is stakes involved, the stakes would have to make sense, and the stakes for me personally come secondary or tertiary after character related exploration. That's always why Manga/Anime has been my medium of choice, because they appear to put character aspects before everything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Oh yeah, but the entire purpose was to established how dire a situation it was, drama for the sake of drama that makes absolutely no sense. So for me, if there is stakes involved, the stakes would have to make sense, and the stakes for me personally come secondary or tertiary after character related exploration. That's always why Manga/Anime has been my medium of choice, because they appear to put character aspects before everything else.
    What do you think of High school of the Dead?

Naruto huh? I haven't talked about that since it ended and even then I didn't say many positive things. Aside from that I haven't even had any investment in alot anime/manga. Sure I've made plans to buy the Dragon Ball manga and continue reading Gundam the Origin but that's about it. I am watching Dragon Ball Super, Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans, and Sailor Moon Crystal though. Also thanks to Toonami I'm watching Parasyte and Akame ga Kill.

I watched the first episode of One-Punch Man on Hulu today, I really liked it. I've been looking for a new anime to watch lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I watched the first episode of One-Punch Man on Hulu today, I really liked it. I've been looking for a new anime to watch lately.
    The manga was recommended to me on Amazon but I don't know that much about it, how is it?

Ultimate Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/us...cle-click&_r=2

Well it's starting folks-you parents might want to look at your kid's text books.

HOUSTON — Coby Burren, 15, a freshman at a suburban high school south of here, was reading the textbook in his geography class last week when a map of the United States caught his attention. On Page 126, a caption in a section about immigration referred to Africans brought to American plantations between the 1500s and 1800s as “workers” rather than slaves.

He reached for his cellphone and sent a photograph of the caption to his mother, Roni Dean-Burren, along with a text message: “we was real hard workers, wasn’t we.”

The World Geography textbook was used by Coby, a student at Pearland High School in Pearland, Tex., a city of 100,000 about 20 miles south of downtown Houston. In a section of the book describing America as a nation of immigrants and called “Patterns of Immigration,” the text with a map of the United States reads: “The Atlantic Slave Trade between the 1500s and 1800s brought millions of workers from Africa to the southern United States to work on agricultural plantations.” The authors, on the page next to the map, wrote of “an influx of English and other European peoples, many of whom came as indentured servants to work for little or no pay,” but made no mention of how Africans came to the country.

In a memo sent to employees, David Levin, the president and chief executive of McGraw-Hill Education, issued an apology, calling the caption “a mistake” and saying the company was reviewing its internal procedures and increasing its list of textbook reviewers to reflect greater diversity.

“We are deeply sorry that the caption was written this way,” Mr. Levin wrote to employees. “While the book was reviewed by many people inside and outside the company, and was made available for public review, no one raised concerns about the caption. Yet, clearly, something went wrong, and we must and will do better.”

In an interview, Mr. Levin said the textbook, which spans more than 800 pages, does not sugarcoat the issue of slavery and includes more than a dozen references to the capture and enslavement of Africans. He said the caption was written in 2012 and had been posted, along with the rest of the book’s content, on a Texas website as part of the state textbook adoption process for almost a year. No objections to the caption were raised, he said.

There were more than 100,000 copies of the textbook in the hands of Texas school districts. Mr. Levin said the company was in touch with districts and was offering to replace the textbook, provide a sticker with the rewritten caption to cover up the old one or supply a lesson plan free of charge to teachers on cultural sensitivity “to create an opportunity for a richer dialogue.”

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    The manga was recommended to me on Amazon but I don't know that much about it, how is it?
    I liked it. It's about this superhero named Saitama who beats all his opponents with one punch. He's bored with being the strongest and needs a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    What do you think of High school of the Dead?
    I I really like it wish would make more anime episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

eh i dont know if ur fighting a war i expect some casualties. Obviously no Character D is galling besides u know villains randomly flipping to the good side.
    I don't know.

Personally Dragonball Z wouldn't have been improved by killing off Tien, Krillin and Yamcha during the Cell Saga.

I like all those guys even if they are useless now.

If you're talking about Naruto there were casualties.

Neji, Shikaku, Inoichi, and Ao all died during the war.