Page 157 of 774 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 11603
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can understand why some Chinese people would be wary. Still, I think Marvel realizes enough what the situation it and won't make a totally stereotypical movie
    This talks about shang-chi and eternals.

BREAKING China to ban Marvel Studios Films from Country

GoliathWarfare quote-
    Only Shang-Chi and Eternals didn't make the list, not all marvel films
    Last edited by mace11; 05-12-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

I've heard about the possibility, but I'll wait to see if it actually happens

Lets hope everything goes well. Disney has to understand that movies aren't going to do as well in a post COVID world.

THe less bending the knee to china, the better.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eternals getting banned doesn’t surprise me since Chloe Zhao has roasted the Chinese government plenty of times in the past (and for good reason.)
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Fantastic Four: Emily Blunt Shoots Down Casting Rumors
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-e...asting-rumors/

FF was supposed to be the July 2023 film, but has no cast. Cap 4 is happening, so it might take its spot.

Emily Blunt has said for years that she doesn't want to be in superhero films.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    THe less bending the knee to china, the better.
    China is too big of a market, unfortunately. Corners will be cut and concessions made. We may not hear about them back here in the US, but it will happen. It always does.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    China is too big of a market, unfortunately. Corners will be cut and concessions made. We may not hear about them back here in the US, but it will happen. It always does.
    Hollywood should make more movies that are offensive to China, and be proud when they are banned.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Hollywood should make more movies that are offensive to China, and be proud when they are banned.
    I agree, but why stop with just China? Plenty of horses at that trough.

Extraordinary Member

Another point of view.
    Eternals And Shang-Chi May Have Trouble Getting Into China
    John Campea

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Fantastic Four: Emily Blunt Shoots Down Casting Rumors
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-e...asting-rumors/

FF was supposed to be the July 2023 film, but has no cast. Cap 4 is happening, so it might take its spot.
    If it's releasing in 2023, it doesn't need a cast yet. They won't even film the thing until end of 2021 or 2022. Also, no ANNOUNCED cast doesn't mean no cast. Marvel has an approach with these things, where they keep everything close to their chest until they're ready for a big reveal.

I would also point out that Tatiana Maslany flat out denied being cast as She-Hulk just a couple of days before it was formally announced. Maybe the deal wasn't 100% yet, or maybe she was under contractual obligation not to say anything. I don't think Blunt has any interest being in a Marvel film, and I don't think she'd make a good Sue Storm in any event, but at this point you can't even trust that these denials are necessarily indicative of the final state of things.

Why?
    I hate how tied these movies have been to Tony Stark and how one-note the actual Spider-Man supporting cast have been. And that they took Ganke from Miles instead of bringing in one of Peter's supporting cast who has never gotten time in the spotlight.

The "Peter lifts rubble off of himself" scene is one of the classic Spider-Man scenes. And in Homecoming, Tony Stark's words are what motivate Peter to accomplish it.

And this is without getting into the subtext of a character clearly coded as "working class" fawning over the approval of a billionaire, and fights enemies who were motivated by being screwed over by said billionaire.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 05-13-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I hate how tied these movies have been to Tony Stark and how one-note the actual Spider-Man supporting cast have been. And that they took Ganke from Miles instead of bringing in one of Peter's supporting cast who has never gotten time in the spotlight.

The "Peter lifts rubble off of himself" scene is one of the classic Spider-Man scenes. And in Homecoming, Tony Stark's words are what motivate Peter to accomplish it.

And this is without getting into the subtext of a character clearly coded as "working class" fawning over the approval of a billionaire, and fights enemies who were motivated by being screwed over by said billionaire.
    Doesn't Peter mostly beat up working class people anyway? It's not like billionaires are motivated to rob atms.

Anyway, you have some good points, although I think a lot of characters have been changed more, while he still seems to be mostly the same, ar least to me. He still gets all the same villains from the comics, unlike many other MCU heroes. I don't get why exactly they copied Ganke to Ned, but I liked him being able to talk to someone else about his identity. I've never been really attached to previous iterations of his supporting cast, aside from Jameson. I'd prefer if Tony was less of a mentor and more of just a friend and colleague

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Just about the same for me.
    Doesn't Peter mostly beat up working class people anyway? It's not like billionaires are motivated to rob atms.
    He fights a good variety of people.
    Anyway, you have some good points, although I think a lot of characters have been changed more, while he still seems to be mostly the same, ar least to me. He still gets all the same villains from the comics, unlike many other MCU heroes. I don't get why exactly they copied Ganke to Ned, but I liked him being able to talk to someone else about his identity. I've never been really attached to previous iterations of his supporting cast, aside from Jameson. I'd prefer if Tony was less of a mentor and more of just a friend and colleague
    There were other characters they could've used in that role instead of Ganke (like, ideally, Mary Jane).