Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Oh look, the flatscans did something bad first! Now I’m morally justified to play god and repopulate my mutant ethnostate without any consequences!
    Krakoa and Magneto in a very simple way LOL JK

Oh look, the flatscans did something bad first! Now I’m morally justified to play god and repopulate my mutant ethnostate without any consequences!
    I don't think attempts at genocide and/or killing/experimenting for years is just "something bad". They had to do something about the previous decimations to repopulate and they also had to give mutants around the world "safety measures". They're being killed and put in gulags everyday, so now we made sure they cannot die.

I don't really understand this whole "resurrected without their consent thing". First of all, they're being resurrected in literall even with resources of every kind at their disposal (at least from how they're going to perceive it). Secondly, resurrections happen everyday in the MU. The Eternals do it, why can't mutants do the same? Didn't Strange resurrect Las Vegas after Secret Empire? Didn't Richards and Franklin bring back everyone after Secret Wars? Reversing Thanos snap must be a violation of human rights if we think like that. Then, why would mutants be caught in human morals? They're distancing themselves from them and fear of death and stuff like that is a very human thing, while most mutants have had cosmic and afterlife experiences. They clearly don't see death as we'd do.

Marvel Universe people clearly must have a different view of death plus it's a trope that's been touched upon. I don't see the need to make it so complicated and bring about stuff like consent about resurrection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't think attempts at genocide and/or killing/experimenting for years is just "something bad". They had to do something about the previous decimations to repopulate and they also had to give mutants around the world "safety measures". They're being killed and put in gulags everyday, so now we made sure they cannot die.

I don't really understand this whole "resurrected without their consent thing". First of all, they're being resurrected in literall even with resources of every kind at their disposal (at least from how they're going to perceive it). Secondly, resurrections happen everyday in the MU. The Eternals do it, why can't mutants do the same? Didn't Strange resurrect Las Vegas after Secret Empire? Didn't Richards and Franklin bring back everyone after Secret Wars? Reversing Thanos snap must be a violation of human rights if we think like that. Then, why would mutants be caught in human morals? They're distancing themselves from them and fear of death and stuff like that is a very human thing, while most mutants have had cosmic and afterlife experiences. They clearly don't see death as we'd do.

Marvel Universe people clearly must have a different view of death plus it's a trope that's been touched upon. I don't see the need to make it so complicated and bring about stuff like consent about resurrection.
    Those Genoshan gene-jokes were liberated from life. They’re in a better place now. Xavier only wants them back to fill his Krakoan population quota.

Those Genoshan gene-jokes were liberated from life. They’re in a better place now. Xavier only wants them back to fill his Krakoan population quota.
    Oh it was just a troll that I fell for?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh it was just a troll that I fell for?
    I already talked about this.

Aren’t mutants going to wonder how they died? Will they be okay with having their memory tampered with? What if they were ripped from heaven or some other afterlife? What if they don’t like Krakoa? Reintegrating into the human world will be dangerous and cost money they don’t have.

Look, I like Hox/Pox and the idea of resurrection. I just think on a human level it’s really messy and complicated and I’d like to see at least one mutant be like ‘what the f*** is this? I wish I was still dead!’

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The scene with Xavier in Heaven post-death seem pretty awkward now. But hey, it's a human afterlife so Krakoan mutants want none of it.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    … Understanding the Motivations Behind Krakoa and the Dawn of X? Money, of course. They knew it would succeed because it is based on a feeling of revenge.
    Playing along, it's always been about this, so that hasn't changed. But revenge? What about freedom, independence, safety, and... survival? What about fairness, and justice? What about a sense of belonging? And out of curiosity, what feeling(s) would you say it was based on, before HiXman's relaunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Playing along, it's always been about this, so that hasn't changed. But revenge? What about freedom, independence, safety, and... survival? What about fairness, and justice? What about a sense of belonging? And out of curiosity, what feeling(s) would you say it was based on, before HiXman's relaunch?
    Lol yeah revenge on who?
    GrindrStone(D)

On humanity for being their flat 1-dimensional oppressors for decades of publishing/years of in-universe history? On non-mutant Marvel superheroes for losing interest in standing on their side from one massacre/genocide to another? On the higher powers/God that is known as the status quo? Nothing else matters but mutantdom, so let everything else rot as they deserve?

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol yeah revenge on who?
    Humans, I guess. I'm tryin' to understand the DoX era's dissenters POV, but for the most part, it's hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    "freedom, independence, safety, and... survival?"
    Every time, I talk about the relationships about 'humans' and mutants and about the way they could be better, the readers of the current run talk to me about 'how much the mutants have suffered because of the "humans"', 'how the humans are beyond redemption'… It shows how much they have invested in this narrative, the 'suffering stuff' like it has been done to them. The revenge of the mutants is their revenge.
    I suppose that the readers could be happy for the mutants to be "free, independent, safe and… alive" but it's never that, that comes first except for a few.

None of what happens to these fictional mutants doesn't change anything for the readers and the 'mutants' have never been more different from the readers but this feeling of revenge… it's a dope. It seems to feel so good, to justify every action even the most radical ones… It's a revolutionary feeling, and so from a exterior point of view like mine, a bit frightening. Because, after all, it's a just fiction and nothing has been done to the readers and nothing will change to them thanks to a comic, and yet the feelings are so strong…

Before…? I must admit, I probably skipped the worst of the mutants' "way of the cross". "Decimation", and other stuff, the name only looks quite boring (I'm neither sadistic nor masochistic). For me, X-men was about being different and trying to find his place in this world, yes but also about the relationships between the characters, the difference between how we see the world and how the others see us, about what it is hidden in the hearts of the characters. A hero is someone that, no matter what, stays true to himself/herself and during a long time, X-men were heroes, a hero is changing the world, he/she is not changed by it. Freedom, independence, safety and survival? What did they have to do to have that? How did they win it? What did they have to give up for that? The survival of fictional characters holds little interest for me, I just want to know what they are made of.

Yes, Marvel sold comics before (the comics were cheaper and more popular) but between Marvel and the readers, there was an author that questioned the readers about their feelings instead of saying "oh, you are right to feel that". I don't know what is Hickman's goal but so far, he just flatters his readership. It's my impression anyway.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Different brain-wiring. I'm psychologically incapable of understanding the support as much as you're incapable of understanding the dissent. Nothing else for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    … Nothing else matters but mutantdom, so let everything else rot as they deserve?
    I've seen no evidence of this eXtremity.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Different brain-wiring. I'm psychologically incapable of understanding the support as much as you're incapable of understanding the dissent. Nothing else for it.
    Difficulty =/= incapability. However, it can involve an unwillingness. Perceptions hold sway, and perspectives bear strong influence.

So if my 37-year life was lived in the same place as yours, and ran in the same way as yours, I'd be on side and be upset at the dissent with you. But it didn't.

If nothing else, HoxPoxDox is making me a bit more health and fitness-conscious so I could live until the day it changes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    "freedom, independence, safety, and... survival?"
    Every time, I talk about the relationships about 'humans' and mutants and about the way they could be better, the readers of the current run talk to me about 'how much the mutants have suffered because of the "humans"', 'how the humans are beyond redemption'… It shows how much they have invested in this narrative, the 'suffering stuff' like it has been done to them. The revenge of the mutants is their revenge.
    I suppose that the readers could be happy for the mutants to be "free, independent, safe and… alive" but it's never that, that comes first except for a few.

None of what happens to these fictional mutants doesn't change anything for the readers and the 'mutants' have never been more different from the readers but this feeling of revenge… it's a dope. It seems to feel so good, to justify every action even the most radical ones… It's a revolutionary feeling, and so from a exterior point of view like mine, a bit frightening. Because, after all, it's a just fiction and nothing has been done to the readers and nothing will change to them thanks to a comic, and yet the feelings are so strong…

Before…? I must admit, I probably skipped the worst of the mutants' "way of the cross". "Decimation", and other stuff, the name only looks quite boring (I'm neither sadistic nor masochistic). For me, X-men was about being different and trying to find his place in this world, yes but also about the relationships between the characters, the difference between how we see the world and how the others see us, about what it is hidden in the hearts of the characters. A hero is someone that, no matter what, stays true to himself/herself and during a long time, X-men were heroes, a hero is changing the world, he/she is not changed by it. Freedom, independence, safety and survival? What did they have to do to have that? How did they win it? What did they have to give up for that? The survival of fictional characters holds little interest for me, I just want to know what they are made of.

Yes, Marvel sold comics before (the comics were cheaper and more popular) but between Marvel and the readers, there was an author that questioned the readers about their feelings instead of saying "oh, you are right to feel that". I don't know what is Hickman's goal but so far, he just flatters his readership. It's my impression anyway.
    Sounds like more than the story so far, the reactions to it, are what's bothering you most. Personally, in place of revenge, I would use the words self-defense & self-reliance. I'm sure there's some form of catharsis at play, though. Both literally (of course) AND in a meta sense, given long-term outside circumstances of the brand, that have recently changed (to become far more favorable). What better way to find out what a character's made of, than learning what they'd do in order to survive, against all odds? I think HiXman is questioning readers' conflicted feelings, AND allowing them to come up with answers on their own. That there's room for interpretation, and varied response on all matters, is the beauty of it.