Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    What were their other options for solo female shows?
    We could've had Daughters of the Dragon.

Spider-Woman, depending on whether the rights situation would've made it possible.

White Tiger, whether Ava or Angela. (I still think a White Tiger show would be great. Start with Hector in the role, kill him off a few episodes in, have Ava take over the role to seek vengeance.)

Elektra would've been a possibility.

It's true there aren't a lot of female street-level solo heroes. But it also would've been possible to take a character like Hellcat, or someone else who isn't usually street-level, and just make them street-level.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's the only female writer that came to my mind to take over Jessica (but I would prefer Thompson more in Captain Marvel) or put Al Ewing (he already wrote her well in Mighty Avengers) or Matthew Rosenberg (his work with Kingpin showed he is good at street books and he could have the same fun he had writing Jessica like he did with Quake)
    Matthew Rosenberg is a good choice. His pacing would suit Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Here an idea for a post Bendis story arc:

Jessica Jones short on cash and her husband off-world heads up to Canada to take on a case in which a teenage girl has gone missing. At first it seems to be a simply runaway child, but things soon take an unexpected turn when Jessica meets an up and coming female Psychic detective who specializes in cold cases/supernatural jobs who is looking for an teenage boy who went missing twenty years ago and find their cases have a lot in common. And so she suggest the two must work together to solve both cases(and split the profits fifty/fifty), but there's just one problem for Jessica...

The other detective name is Kara Killgrave the Purple Girl/Persuasion, the Purple Man's daughter.(and no she not a villain in this story... What were you thinking Greg Pak?)
    I wondered where Kara Killgrave got to after Alpha Flight ended? What was her power set? Never mind. I wiki’d it.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-05-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    We could've had Daughters of the Dragon.

Spider-Woman, depending on whether the rights situation would've made it possible.

White Tiger, whether Ava or Angela. (I still think a White Tiger show would be great. Start with Hector in the role, kill him off a few episodes in, have Ava take over the role to seek vengeance.)

Elektra would've been a possibility.

It's true there aren't a lot of female street-level solo heroes. But it also would've been possible to take a character like Hellcat, or someone else who isn't usually street-level, and just make them street-level.
    i'd love to see Misty Knight and Colleen Wing have a Netflix show! if marvel is looking at ways to expand their Netflix shows, this is a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Avengers character. Assuming she is what she claims to be, she is another character retroactively inserted into continuity like Jessica Jones was.
    Now I see it. To answer the question, characters like Voyager and DC's Triumph were retroactively placed into history in major teamfounding roles. The levels of retcon vary with Jessica as opposed to Voyager, or even Elektra. I can see people being OK with Elektra, but not the other two, or Jessica and Elektra, but not Voyager. But I see a definite hierarchy of retroactive adjusting with the three characters. How much rewrite is a fan willing to take? is the question that answers the question..

Honestly.....I think Jess would probably be one of the easiest characters to write. Not sure why the OP is worried.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Speaking of Misty Knight, I wonder if the loss of her arm will bridge a connection of the movies with Netflix as Danny could buy a prosthetic arm from Stark.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Mighty Member

Gail Simone would make me very happy. I think she's a great writer in general, and a gritty, pessimistic, mess of a character is right in her wheel house. She did great thing with dysfunctional characters trying to be better (sort of) in "Secret Six".

Chelsea Cain would be my next choice. I've only read her 'Mockingbird" but I really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Gail Simone would make me very happy. I think she's a great writer in general, and a gritty, pessimistic, mess of a character is right in her wheel house. She did great thing with dysfunctional characters trying to be better (sort of) in "Secret Six".

Chelsea Cain would be my next choice. I've only read her 'Mockingbird" but I really liked it.
    I haven't read any of Chelsea's prose work. Does she handle blacker humor well?

Folks, this is a thread about speculation of what's in store for Jessica Jones once Bendis' run ends, and not the place for the disgruntled who suffer in constant, agonizing pain because of her existence in the first place. So people that fall into or close to the latter category, move along.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Mockingbird was more poking fun/cheeky than the sarcastic/darker humor that Jessica is known for. But Bobbi was written as a kick ass, bad ass, tough and smart woman.
    I think Jessica is so interesting because she is all of those things, but kind of a mess at the same time. I'd highly recommend Mockingbird, it's only two trades and was very funny and inventive.

From what I've heard, yes, her prose does tend to be darker. She loves doing gory thrillers. So I do feel like she'd be a good choice for Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Mockingbird was more poking fun/cheeky than the sarcastic/darker humor that Jessica is known for. But Bobbi was written as a kick ass, bad ass, tough and smart woman.
    I think Jessica is so interesting because she is all of those things, but kind of a mess at the same time. I'd highly recommend Mockingbird, it's only two trades and was very funny and inventive.
    That's why I asked. Jessica's tone is considerably different than Bobbi's was in her series. I loved her Mockingbird but before I have any real feeling about her writing Jessica and knowing nothing about Cain's work besides Mockingbird, I thought I'd ask.

Mighty Member

That's why I asked. Jessica's tone is considerably different than Bobbi's was in her series. I loved her Mockingbird but before I have any real feeling about her writing Jessica and knowing nothing about Cain's work besides Mockingbird, I thought I'd ask.
    Sorry, I misread your question. I haven't read her prose work either. The tone was very different for sure, but the quality of Mockingbird makes me think she could pull of different styles. I guess it remains to be seen if she is more of a niche writer.

M. Bennett would be another interesting choice. She was darkly funny in Angela and I like her Animosity family of books at Aftershock.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I wondered where Kara Killgrave got to after Alpha Flight ended? What was her power set? Never mind. I wiki’d it.
    I was a little disappointed Kara wasn't used more after Kill grave got his push. A meeying between her and Jessica would have been interesting.