Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I only feel bored when my cp doesnt have internet and no money.

To fight boredom is easy. All you have to do is try to pick your favorite things like who would be your favorite music artist, favorite comic character, favorite game, etc

Then go online and try to talk with people from sites whose faves are same as yours.

If you have a favorite music artist, follow him/her on twitter and fb. Register to his/her site too. For music discussion, i suggest ukmix.org and chartmasters.org

For fave comic character, chat with comic fans here in cbr and comicvine.

For movies, i dont know, pergaps imdb and box office mojo have their own forums too?

for video games, shoryuken, eventhubs , capcomunity.

If you need help hyperversal god, pm me. I will help you for free.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperversal God View Post
    Guys it's not real depression, it's just feeling bored and not being able to find things that interest you so much. In other words, everything is so boring and lame these days.
    Google up lists of movies or books or comics books or songs or etc to read/watch/listen to. The internet for me has made boredom much harder to experience.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Guys it's not real depression, it's just feeling bored and not being able to find things that interest you so much. In other words, everything is so boring and lame these days.
    That is a sign of depression.
    Have all the things you like changed dramatically to make them boring? And there is nothing new that is any good?
    This boredom is within you. Mild depression is not a weakness, many if not most people suffer from it from time to time.
    It is usualy a matter of biology rather than any mental flaw.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-07-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I only feel bored when my cp doesnt have internet and no money.

To fight boredom is easy. All you have to do is try to pick your favorite things like who would be your favorite music artist, favorite comic character, favorite game, etc

Then go online and try to talk with people from sites whose faves are same as yours.

If you have a favorite music artist, follow him/her on twitter and fb. Register to his/her site too. For music discussion, i suggest ukmix.org and chartmasters.org

For fave comic character, chat with comic fans here in cbr and comicvine.

For movies, i dont know, pergaps imdb and box office mojo have their own forums too?

for video games, shoryuken, eventhubs , capcomunity.

If you need help hyperversal god, pm me. I will help you for free.
    Great answers, but it's a little more complicated than that, you see... i'm talking about things that attract or catch your heart so much that you love them unconditionally and not feel bored at all with them. And wanting to experience new and different things, but you end up seeing the same things over and over.

i'm talking about things that attract or catch your heart so much that you love them unconditionally and not feel bored at all with them.
    So you need a new cult to join?

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    So you need a new cult to join?
    Something that makes you feel passionate and entranced. Not an ideological group of some kind.

Something that makes you feel passionate and entranced. Not an ideological group of some kind.
    What is is about the things that did make you feel that way, that they no longer do?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is is about the things that did make you feel that way, that they no longer do?
    I guess you could say that I used to REALLY be into those things, especially being part of my childhood, but I felt like I wanted something new or at least more other different things to add to the already same old things to make my enjoyment feel less tedious and static.

We probably need examples of some things you were "REALLY" into.

Mild form of depression is something one can consider. The one who suffers from it may not understand that himself or herself. We aren't experts in everything. Are we? Can we simply ask a friend that i am having this problem? Unless the friend is an expert, he or she can't go in depth and find out the truth. That's the job of an expert.

Having that out of the way, consider checking out ISKCON. Passionate and entranced. I can say that for them for sure. Frankly speaking its hard to call them a cult. They are at least 500 years old with roots older then some ancient religions like Christianity or Judaism (in the wondrous land of India). Technically speaking they started in USA in 1966. I have checked them out. They are some of the coolest guys i have met. They can be as passionate as they can be. Yet intelligent like hell. And its hard to call something a cult when one can choose one's level of association. When i was a student i participated in lots of activities. Nowadays, not so much. Take it from me. Spend some time there. You won't regret it.

Philosophy is something you can consider studying. When you have everything and nothing interests you that's a good conclusion. I consider that myself. That is in a sense the truth. Nothing is new in entertainment. They are all the same thing with enough variations to keep you hooked. I am looking at the variations. That can be interesting. Telling the same thing in new and unique ways. Some of them are new for myself. I was an avid fan of Bollywood films as a kid. (Their spectacles are musical numbers just as cg battles in MCU films are spectacles). Nowadays they don' t interest me. But i have a new found interest in Hollywood. There's a lot of stuff i haven't watched yet. (Would you believe i haven't watched E.T.! That Spielberg movie for example). And comics reading is also new for me. Trying out something new usually works, even though it can take some time.

Finally, do consider checking out a doctor or psychiatrist. You never know. Its better to be safe then sorry. And check out ISKCON. They are cool. Take it from someone who has spent some time with them. You just may find them good enough.

Edit: You can share what interested you earlier as JBatmanFan asks. It maybe as simple as finding out something new based on your older interests.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-07-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Here is an example of depression. Early in my career, when I finished a big creative project, even if it came out well, i felt depressed. Why should I feel depressed about something i am proud of?Well it is really just my body cooling down after a large expenditure of emotional, mental and creative "energy". When I saw it like that I just accepted that I would feel low after a big job. It feels like emotional depression, but it is really just biology. Initially I felt a lot of anxiety about this and questioned my work. Now, it runs it's course and soon I feel better. Depression can make you question things that really aren't the problem.

You need Science friend.

Find some interesting field of study and learn.

https://phys.org/

Spectacular Member

First thread. I'm new here guys.

I want to ask a pretty broad question here. Has there ever been times and even places where you expect to find something new, fun, exciting, thrilling, fascinating, and DIFFERENT (in a positive or interesting way), but you either couldn't find anything or it just felt so underwhelming as to take a farther dive below your expectations than a penny falling off the top of the Empire State Building? For example, it can be in entertainment media, where you wished or hoped to find something you would actually love or like to a devotional degree or at least something fresh and different, but you either found nothing or just the same old mainstream stuff you already see everywhere, regardless of whether you like them otherwise or not and you feel disappointed or frustrated as a result, even with low expectations?

Now to come back to this question and raise it to an even more general scope, I would to ask, has there ever been a time where you feel bored and glum and that nothing seems to be of any interest to you and that you want something you want to look up to and that makes you extremely happy or interest or anything to cheer you up after a hard day, but you just can't seem to see or find anything at the moment and don't know what else to do?
    Have you ever thought to yourself that maybe you're just getting older? I've thought this to myself. When I feel like this I think that I'm just getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Okay. Yes that happens. i gave up on the Big Two a few years ago. It takes a while to find other comics to replace them. And i don't read as many comics as I did when i was reading Marvel and DC.
    I used to read Marvel and DC a lot. Then I read from other companies too. I think I've outgrown comics, especially the big two.

That happens to me frequently. I deal with depression, and that's definitely a part of it.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbeing View Post
    You need Science friend.

Find some interesting field of study and learn.

https://phys.org/
    Well what i'm referring more to something of art and culture, such as popular media and stuff.