Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

but looking at the previews I am going to say that the era thats ends is Peter career he will finally decide on what he wants to be
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of assumed MJ was on high at the prospect of her next big break and seeing a script that had massive potential only to realize how limiting the role was and the issues with the script once she got on the ground and started filming.
    That would make sense, wouldn't explain why Peter thought the dialogue was fine though, maybe he has bad taste?

This makes me wonder if Kindred might be mad at the direction Mysterio has taken things. I don't think he expected Beck and MJ to become film friends and he can't keep MJ out of New York anymore (the witness protection program, on the other hand...).
    I'm not even sure if Kindred knows about that, doesn't look like he's bothering to keep track of Mysterio and MJ, though it might just not be shown on-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have no doubt Kindred has something bad planned for MJ.. Why? Think of his twisted mind. “You rejected me and chose him, and are responsible for me getting on drugs?”Almost like Norman hating Peter because he rejected him.
    He hasn't really shown any antagonism towards MJ, he even says that he'd protect her (Like in ASM#23).

Though he also says that when MJ dies, it'll be Peter's fault, so it's possible he's planning something for Peter to go through that'd kill MJ, only so he can "prove" that Peter always kills those around him, but who knows, I'd find it more interesting if he actually tries to protect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    but looking at the previews I am going to say that the era thats ends is Peter career he will finally decide on what he wants to be
    For this run at least .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's so disappointing that Immortal Hulk showed Hulk possessed by the One Below All at the end of the universe, and aunt May wasn't there to see the end
    Hahaha, it isn't canon but only one possible future. If it were definitive canon you beat ya Aunt May would be there alongside possessed Big Green.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    So this all sounds pretty somber. The #55 solicitation from December mentioned how we'd never look at Peter or Spidey the same again, now the solicitation for #56 says we won't look at Norman or Harry the same again either. I was looking forward to seeing these as it gives us a slight sense of what to expect with how Last Remains shakes out, doesn't look like it's any easier for Peter after that. End of an era, what era do we think is ending?
    Hopefully the One More Day era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Which would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I hope so *crosses fingers*, such a development could prove interesting.

Amazing Member

Do you all remember the first two pages of this run? What if they are not flashback, but the future scene at the end of Spencer's era which ends with a marriage proposal?

RCO003.jpg

RCO004.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelJean View Post
    Do you all remember the first two pages of this run? What if they are not flashback, but the future scene at the end of Spencer's era which ends with a marriage proposal?

RCO003.jpg

RCO004.jpg
    The thing is weren't those two pages just the first two pages of Sensational Spider-Man's annual from 2007 around Civil War?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    The thing is weren't those two pages just the first two pages of Sensational Spider-Man's annual from 2007 around Civil War?
    Yep. To Have and to Hold. Sensational Spider-Man Annual (Vol. 2) #1.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Unlikely, but that would indeed be great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Unlikely, but that would indeed be great.
    DC restored Superman and Lois Lane's marriage, why can't Marvel restore Peter and MJ's marriage?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    DC restored Superman and Lois Lane's marriage, why can't Marvel restore Peter and MJ's marriage?
    It's not quite the same thing.

DC practises Alternate Universe rules. What that means is there isn't a single continuity going directly to the character's first appearance that you have with Marvel? Superman exists in different versions rather than a single one. The original Superman by Siegel and Shuster, followed by Silver Age Superman, followed by Post-Crisis Superman, followed by New 52 Superman. All of these are different versions of the character.

Post-Crisis Superman got married but he never had his marriage erased. New 52 happened and his AU was pocketed away. When New 52 became a disaster, they simply brought him back.

In the case of Marvel, they have a single continuity system, so they had to remove the marriage of the existing character. If Spider-Man were DC, what DC would do is replace 616 Married Spider-Man with Ultimate Spider-Man and make Ultimate the default. That's what they would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's not quite the same thing.

DC practises Alternate Universe rules. What that means is there isn't a single continuity going directly to the character's first appearance that you have with Marvel? Superman exists in different versions rather than a single one. The original Superman by Siegel and Shuster, followed by Silver Age Superman, followed by Post-Crisis Superman, followed by New 52 Superman. All of these are different versions of the character.

Post-Crisis Superman got married but he never had his marriage erased. New 52 happened and his AU was pocketed away. When New 52 became a disaster, they simply brought him back.

In the case of Marvel, they have a single continuity system, so they had to remove the marriage of the existing character. If Spider-Man were DC, what DC would do is replace 616 Married Spider-Man with Ultimate Spider-Man and make Ultimate the default. That's what they would have done.
    And they tried that with "Clone Saga", but didn't commit to it. DeFalco made a backdoor in case it failed, so he never really believed that it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    And they tried that with "Clone Saga", but didn't commit to it. DeFalco made a backdoor in case it failed, so he never really believed that it would work.
    Ture, but they do have Miles now who is technically from a different universe. I'm sure they could make two Peters or a merged Peter work if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ture, but they do have Miles now who is technically from a different universe. I'm sure they could make two Peters or a merged Peter work if they wanted.
    Key phrase though: "If they wanted." Would they even want to at this point?