Page 125 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4155
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So, about the new episode - I thought Jefferson and Stein were psychically linked . How does stein not know that Jefferson wants to break up firestorm?

How the heck did Damian darkh’s corpse end up in 18th century London , when he died in the 21st century?
    Even in the show the link isn't a constant thing it seems to fluctuate. So presumably the thought of it wasn't so huge that Stein noticed, or he couldn't interpret it. The show has shwon that it's not a psychic link in that they're literally reading each others minds. At most it usually just lets them feel one anothers feelings at times.

As for his body. It seems to have specifically been brought here to be ressurected. Presumably there's only so many moments in time that are ripe for it/areas that are conducive to it. I'm guessing the specifics if at all will be brought up in the future though it's hardly necessary.

I've been wondering about Jax's love life ever since we saw Zari bring up how he was probably wondering whether she was single or not. I guess it's good to know he's been getting some action off-screen at least .

Nate on caffeine reminded me of Nate on drugs.

It was nice to see Rip back with the Legends again, even if it did end with him betraying them and basically screwing everything up, thus necessitating Sara basically cutting all ties with him. But at least he got to get his Sherlock Holmes on beforehand.

Mallus seems like it's become Rips new "white whale" after Savage, but even when they were going after Savage it seemed like Rip was more on the ball then he was here.

Mick being so gung-ho about Vampires was pretty funny. He's the kind of character who just always finds ways to surprise you .

I can't see them resetting Firestorm to where Jax can transform without a partner. Not only would it take away the central dynamic of Firestorm, but it would also give the writers less excuses for Firestorm not to show up.

So I guess Amon Tomaz doesn't exist in this universe. Though it would've been weird to have Osiris sounding and looking so old.

Mallus talking about himself as the "god of time" and being described as existing in all places and periods of time really reminded me of the Time Trapper.

I'd forgotten just how overpowered Darhk's powers are, and now he doesn't even need the statue to empower himself. I doubt the Legends are going to be able to rally peoples hope like Oliver needed to in order to beat him so I guess they'll have to come up with some way of de-powering Darhk if they're going to stop him.

At least Sara finally gets a chance to properly avenge Laurel now that she doesn't have to worry about keeping Darhk alive to preserve the timeline. Though I wonder if anyone is going to let it slip to Ollie in the upcoming crossover that Darhk is alive again, especially when he's probably on the top of Darhk's list of people he wants revenge on.

So...we're just going to let Professor Stein's evil ancestor get away with all the crimes he committed with the organization? Or does he need to be let alone to preserve Stein's lineage?

Man, what a way to end things with Rip. His own agency basically took his job away from him and arrested him after he went rogue. But I guess it's also a testament to the efficiency of his agency that no one director is above reproach...which I guess means Rip did a good job forming the group ?

I wonder if this is it for Rip this season or if he's going to break out of custody?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was nice to see Rip back with the Legends again, even if it did end with him betraying them and basically screwing everything up, thus necessitating Sara basically cutting all ties with him. But at least he got to get his Sherlock Holmes on beforehand.
    I agree.

Mick being so gung-ho about Vampires was pretty funny. He's the kind of character who just always finds ways to surprise you .
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Vampires + the Blood Red Moon made me think of I...Vampire's Andrew Bennett.
    I SO wanted Andrew Bennett to appear! I can just imagine the 'nerds' pestering him with vampire questions.

Ray: "So are you more of an Anne Rice vampire, or Twilight vampire? I mean do you fry or sparkle in the sun?"

Nate: "Or are you more like the vampires from Preacher?"

Ray: "Right; forgot about that."

Andrew (now completely exasperated): Stop talking!

Besides, Constantine is going to appear in the future, right? If Andrew Bennett appeared, you can have the start of a Justice League Dark or Shadowpact spin-off.

Enjoyed Curtis's cameo. I am a little disappointed he didn't say "Terrific" when describing the Wave Rider.

So we have Felicity of the Flash and Curtis on Legends; I guess they're practicing for the crossover.

So I guess Amon Tomaz doesn't exist in this universe. Though it would've been weird to have Osiris sounding and looking so old.
    Well, they changed Adrianna's name to Zari, maybe they changed Amon's name as well. I think voice was trying to sound creepy, not old.

Man, what a way to end things with Rip. His own agency basically took his job away from him and arrested him after he went rogue. But I guess it's also a testament to the efficiency of his agency that no one director is above reproach...which I guess means Rip did a good job forming the group ?

I wonder if this is it for Rip this season or if he's going to break out of custody?
    Like Nietzsche said: "“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

Retired

Let's see . . . Mick was reading DRACULA and wanted to kill vampires because Dominic Purcell was a revived Dracula (Drake) in BLADE TRINITY.

Stein was a mad professor reviving a corpse, in tribute to Dr. Frankenstein.

Rip Hunter was giving off hints of Jack the Ripper. I also thought he was acting very Doctor Who-ish this episode. Being in London will do that to Darvill. The actor must be busier than his IMDb page lets on--given he keeps needing an excuse to leave LEGENDS for long periods of time. Maybe Arthur Darvill is doing a stage play, too.

I'm not sure why Mark Morrison's RETURN OF THE MACK was so heavily referenced for this episode. Someone will have to explain that one to me.

BANNED

Stellar episode; perfect from start to finish. Pacing was good, writing was amazing, everything made sense and worked. The present version of Darhk being back means Sara can finally kill him now! Yay! Also, I'm REALLY happy that he remembers his Legion of Doom adventures; the mind-wiping of he and Merlyn was one part of the second season I disliked.

I LIVED for that scene of Darhk flinging dudes left and right with Return of the Mack playing. The brief pause with the record swipe and Darhk shaking his finger was BRILLIANT. The song appeared in the beginning of the episode, then again when Nate was singing it, and in the finale with the song playing as Darhk killed people, clearly meaning the episode title refers to him. And he definitely should be considered a "mack," he has that bravado and swagger and charm despite being an evil son of a bitch. I understand people don't like him having his powers, but I do. It shows just how hard the Legends are gonna have to work to beat this guy. We've got a psycho warlock (Darhk) , an evil psychic (whoever that was) , a water bender (Kuasa) , and the mysterious Mallus who I am still convinced is Time Trapper, even though the Eclipso theory makes sense to me as well.

Stein seemed really broken up about Jax not being honest with him. The "character keeping something from other character to not hurt them yet only ends up hurting them" trope is so painfully tiring in the Flash and Arrow, I hope this show doesn't jump onto it too as the reason it remains the best DC CW show is that it doesn't follow the same tropes as the others.

The actress who plays Zari still does nothing for me at all. I like her character, however in every scene she seems painfully bored and almost nihilistic. Maybe that's how she's supposed to be? I haven't seen her work in other shows/movies, so I can't say.

What Time Bureau rule did Rip break exactly? Rip being arrested by his own agency doesn't really make sense. He should be able to make his own calls whenever he wants. He could change the rules that he made if he wanted to. I get it, he's been obsessed with Mallus for 5 years, doesn't make him a criminal. Just a huge *******.

I don't know what happened in the past year to make this show so damn incredible; all I can say is the writing/directing team need to give the Flash and Arrow guys some serious pointers.

I think its because he got a whole bunch of agents seemingly needlessly killed. Not to mention, didn't even give them a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think its because he got a whole bunch of agents seemingly needlessly killed. Not to mention, didn't even give them a second thought.
    And he probably had no approval or backing for what he was doing, so that didn't help either.

I thought this was potentially the best episode yet of this season. If for only because of the Dahk fight scene with the amazing song/fight choreography. As well as Mick reading Dracula and wanting to hunt vampires. Mick is the star of the show for me. Sarah was great season 1 but hasn't been the same with out Snart in the mix. Mick at least keeps chugging along.

Retired

I think there should be an episode which is just all the actors fighting it out between them for who should be considered the star of the show.

I'm so tired of Damien Darhk. Wish they would just introduce somebody else. His shtick has been played to death.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They made Damien Darhk the magic villain of the Arrowverse. The only other one they can possibly use is Felix Faust who appeared on one episode of Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I'm so tired of Damien Darhk. Wish they would just introduce somebody else. His shtick has been played to death.
    Never liked him to begin with. In fact I hate him. I am seriously considering to stop watching if he is going to be a big part of the show.

Retired

I hate always having to look up the correct spelling of the name. Why couldn't he just be Doctor Daark? He worked well in the Legion of Doom, because 1. he had no powers and 2. he could bounce his bad sense of humour off of Merlyn and Thawne. He's the kind of villain I want to see humilated on a regular basis--I don't like it when he's top dog and getting one over on everyone else--so if he was the lapdog of some bigger villain, that would be okay.

Since this is a Dam D that has already done the things in the timeline that need to have happened so time doesn't get broken, then it's okay for Sara to kill him. I don't like heroes killing villains on general principle, but I'm willing to make an exception here. It never has been satisfying that Sara needed to lay off her sister's killer. If she has a really good revenge on the guy, that might justify bringing him back. The only thing better would be if Quentin Lance was the one to kill him.

Neal McDonough is a good actor--I don't have anything against him--it's the way the character has been written that's the problem. He's really only good for scenery chewing camp--and it's all the more painful that such a weak (yet overpowered) rogue was the one who killed Laurel.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Literally! They killed him once already!

Not a huge fan of the character, but I love the actor and the energy he brings.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So here's my question- didn't Rip say he spent the past 5 years setting up the Time Bureau? Isn't it HIS agency? Isn't HE in charge? So why is the TB giving him trouble about Mallus?
    He also spent the last five years searching for mallus. Guy sure has a lot of time on his hands.