Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I didn't say you should support something you don't enjoy.

I will support this, because Jon still has the personality I like in the character. I don't like much how Bendis handle the story, but I still like Jon as a character in this.

So, I hope the boycot fails, because I don't want the risk of Jon in the limbo. However, if you don't like the story or the current character, you shouldn't support this.
    For now, once the status quo gets set, what happen, he almost a senior in high school, skip, his friendship with damian will be awkward, no longer a child his power will be more developed, and that means he wont be used as much, to many suppermen means less challenge

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    For now, once the status quo gets set, what happen, he almost a senior in high school, skip, his friendship with damian will be awkward, no longer a child his power will be more developed, and that means he wont be used as much, to many suppermen means less challenge
    Well, we don't know what are the plans.

Jon won't be used so much in Superman comic, but it can be other comic for him. After all, kid Jon, Conner and Kara had their own comics in the past.

Another thing, Jon is 17, while Damian is likely 14 (since Jon was 11 when his trip with Jor-El started). That is the same difference of age that they have in Supersons.

Mighty Member

Jon won't be used so much in Superman comic, but it can be other comic for him. After all, kid Jon, Conner and Kara had their own comics in the past.

Another thing, Jon is 17, while Damian is likely 14 (since Jon was 11 when his trip with Jor-El started). That is the same difference of age that they have in Supersons.
    But it shifts the dynamic for the worse with that change. Makes it much less interesting.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    But it shifts the dynamic for the worse with that change. Makes it much less interesting.
    I mean the relationship between Damian and Jon will probably be pretty similar.

I read some say the kind of relationship will change, because Jon will be older, so it will be similar to the relationship between Dick and Damian. However, I don't see that, since Jon and Dick treatment of Damian won't be similar.

Honestly, I've never care about the age aspect in Supersons interactions. I just really like their interactions, I really doubt this aspect will change.

I read some say the kind of relationship will change, because Jon will be older, so it will be similar to the relationship between Dick and Damian. However, I don't see that, since Jon and Dick treatment of Damian won't be similar.

Honestly, I've never care about the age aspect in Supersons interactions. I just really like their interactions, I really doubt this aspect will change.
    The Super Sons aspect was Damian being able to let out his inner child around Jon. Being able to be a kid. Jon, being 17, takes that away.

"Jon didn't change though!"

Spending years in either isolation or being emotionally tortured by Ultraman, means that either Bendis royally screwed up in what that sort of thing would do to a kid, or that Jon is actually yet another emotionally scarred teen, skipping over him growing up. Which is another screw up with the character.

Mighty Member

A 17 year old is very different a 10 year old. The interactions will change. And if they don’t. Then everything about Jon’s change was superficial and they might as well have kept him 10 all along. Granted, so far this whole thing has been very superficial, so I suppose I should just expect superficially.
    Currently Reading:

Astonishing Member

A 17 year old is very different a 10 year old. The interactions will change. And if they don’t. Then everything about Jon’s change was superficial and they might as well have kept him 10 all along. Granted, so far this whole thing has been very superficial, so I suppose I should just expect superficially.
    Yeah. I suspect the whole thing will be pretty superficial for Jon.

I suspect the main reason why Jon is 17 now is because they want Jon to be independent from his parents. The same reason why Lois and Clark live apart, although they are still a couple.

Also, I read many writers don't want to write about 10 year kids. It's possible this influenced this decision too.

Mighty Member

Yeah. I suspect the whole thing will be pretty superficial for Jon.

I suspect the main reason why Jon is 17 now is because they want Jon to be independent from his parents. The same reason why Lois and Clark live apart, although they are still a couple.

Also, I read many writers don't want to write about 10 year kids. It's possible this influenced this decision too.
    Which is part of why I’m so annoyed. If Bendis didn’t want to write a 10 year old, he should have just let Jon stay in the background of his run and let Tomasi continue Super Sons. It’s cowardly. He just shouldn’t be writing Jon.
    Currently Reading:

Astonishing Member

Which is part of why I’m so annoyed. If Bendis didn’t want to write a 10 year old, he should have just let Jon stay in the background of his run and let Tomasi continue Super Sons. It’s cowardly. He just shouldn’t be writing Jon.
    We don't know if Bendis has the option to not use Jon. In fact, we don't know if the idea of the family living apart was from him.

It wouldn't be strange that DC wants Jon, Clark and Lois having more "independent" lives.

Mighty Member

We don't know if Bendis has the option to not use Jon. In fact, we don't know if the idea of the family living apart was from him.

It wouldn't be strange that DC wants Jon, Clark and Lois having more "independent" lives.
    No, we do. Bendis is fully at the wheel. He's said as much in interviews. Jon's aging up and Lois's situation are all him.
    Currently Reading:

The family's status was likely one of the things Didio presented to Bendis to get a fresh take on like the secret organizations were. Didio has said that the plan was for Lois to be out of the books for a significant period and Bendis changed it to bring her back immediately. That and some early Amazon summaries suggest there was some sort of shakeup planned.

And he seems to have worked out Lois' arc with Rucka with the plan of Rucka stepping in to take her book on. Fraction and Rucka have said they basically agreed to do their books with him while he was recovering in the hospital. Which was after he signed with DC and got the Super books.

Extraordinary Member

no Damian is still 13, and he probably will be for the next 4-10 years because time doesn't move like that in comics the age difference is huge now becasue Jon is now on the edge of adulthood mentally and physically
    thats not a duo DC is gonna sell or succeed in selling

Damian has always kind of been an man in a child body due to his upbringing but that was wrong and his time with Alfred dick and jon has mended that, so he can enjoy the rest of his youth, Jon kind had his stolen from him now

Their a reason why Damian and Tim respect each other but are not friends

Also DC is just not good with the co existion someone usally has to go, limbo, death, space or regulated background
    Someone like kara is fine because she is a girl, despite being as strong as superman or WW she will just be ignored if a situation is to much for supes
    Connor usually only has a fraction of supes ability - I wonder if he jon will avoid each other for their entire existence

Astonishing Member

no Damian is still 13, and he probably will be for the next 4-10 years because time doesn't move like that in comics the age difference is huge now becasue Jon is now on the edge of adulthood mentally and physically
    thats not a duo DC is gonna sell or succeed in selling
    Jon was 10 and Damian was 13 in Super Sons. However, Jon mentioned he is 11 when he started his travel with Jor-El, so Damian being 14 is pretty possible.

If the friendship between Damian and Jon can sell, we will see.

omeone like kara is fine because she is a girl, despite being as strong as superman or WW she will just be ignored if a situation is to much for supes
    Connor usually only has a fraction of supes ability - I wonder if he jon will avoid each other for their entire existence
    Before Flashpoint, Conner had obtained all the Kryptonian powers. He received the same treatment as Kara (who isn't so powerful as Superman).

It's likely Jon will receive the same treatment than Kara.

Now, I think Conner is older than Jon. So, I don't think it will be a problem of confusion between these characters.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-21-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Jon was 10 and Damian was 13 in Super Sons. However, Jon mentioned he is 11 when he started his travel with Jor-El, so Damian being 14 is pretty possible.

If the friendship between Damian and Jon can sell, we will see.

Before Flashpoint, Conner had obtained all the Kryptonian powers. He received the same treatment as Kara (who isn't so powerful as Superman).

It's likely Jon will receive the same treatment than Kara.

Now, I think Conner is older than Jon. So, I don't think it will be a problem of confusion between these characters.
    You have way to much faith in DC

The past is not today, everyone has to fill a role and overlaps have to be kept to a minimum if you become redundant you get thrown in the limbo void