Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    There's always some type of excuse the game is 60$ for no content. No complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Different types of games have different standards. The biggest crime I've seen out of Rage 2 is being an unremarkable open world shooter.

"Different types of games have different standards." I'll damn sure agree with you on that.

Moving back to the valid complaints of Anthem...

- We have heard how Bioware was gonna fix the loot drop issue. Its going into 2 months and nothing has been fixed. Instead they did an update removing something from a game comically. This after a patch to fix a loot issue where there was too much dropping.

- The "Anthem Roadmap" that folks proclaimed outlined all these major plans and new expansions to Anthem has kinda fizzled out. In fact the road map has seemingly been dropped as big updates did not happen thus far in May (and there are 5 days left).

- On Twitter and social media Bioware has seemingly went MIA. Twitter has went weeks without an update regarding Bioware at all.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

- We have heard how Bioware was gonna fix the loot drop issue. Its going into 2 months and nothing has been fixed. Instead they did an update removing something from a game comically. This after a patch to fix a loot issue where there was too much dropping.

- The "Anthem Roadmap" that folks proclaimed outlined all these major plans and new expansions to Anthem has kinda fizzled out. In fact the road map has seemingly been dropped as big updates did not happen thus far in May (and there are 5 days left).

- On Twitter and social media Bioware has seemingly went MIA. Twitter has went weeks without an update regarding Bioware at all.
    Yea I'm not going back to that game till they have a major update. Had real fun playing it but got old fast.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cataclysm was suppose to release this month and now who know if it will ever come. Delaying the roadmap doesn't invoke confidence.

Cataclysm was suppose to release this month and now who know if it will ever come. Delaying the roadmap doesn't invoke confidence.
    The fact that they have disappeared off twitter to update people on anything is an issue as well. As YongYea mentioned its been a month nearly and nothing from those in charge of the community about the game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of new updates for a game reportedly that no one is playing. All my javelins are Masterwork at his point. Went from Epic to MW in less than a week's time just doing about 3 strongholds per day.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-30-2019 at 07:03 PM.

A lot of new updates for a game reportedly that no one is playing. All my javelins are Masterwork at his point. Went from Epic to MW in less than a week's time just doing about 3 strongholds per day.
    Its lost 50% of its player base at one report. So yes ...half the audience has walked from it. Also in reading this...its a beta coming out of this "event".

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-cataclysm/

We still don't know, but the good news is you can play a beta version starting sometime in the next week or so. We'll have more information on that as it's made available, but you'll have to download an entirely separate beta client for Anthem—if you can spare another 60GB of drive space that is.

The beta servers won't be live 24/7, but Anderson says players will be able to jump in for a few days at a time and test out new Cataclysm features as they're being developed and provide feedback. That feedback will help BioWare determine how powerful new Cataclysm loot should be as well how it should tweak the overall experience.

After such a long wait, though, I'm not all that excited by what BioWare has been cooking up. I like that Cataclysms are a dynamic race against time where you have to find that perfect balance between staying safe but also pushing your score ever higher. But this feels remarkably like Anthem's boring free-play mode with a timer slapped on it. One of the worst parts about Anthem was how repetitive and simple its mission objectives were, and though this stream didn't go in-depth on what it takes to complete an arena in the Cataclysm, they sure seemed similar. I'm worried that after a few runs, the Cataclysm will end up being the same repetitive grind. And rewards stuffed inside of randomized loot boxes doesn't exactly whet my appetite for Anthem's mundane loot. At this point, I'm not sure what would.
    I can't wait til Bioware releases this , people tell them the Loot drops are **** and they proclaim how they are working on a patch for it. WHICH NEVER HAPPENS lol.

Rage 2 isn't even the same type of game. It isn't a looter shooter that promises to go on forever. It's a one and done deal.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how the, "lacking in content" deal is even relevant when it comes to a single-player FPS. It lasts a good 20-30 hours, which is plenty. The only problem is people hear the phrase, "open world" and think it's gonna be Skyrim.

Trying to equate Rage 2 to the shitshow that is Anthem is laughable.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah okay go buy a 60$ game with no content that's what laughable gamers...lol. 20 hrs dude said he finished in about 6hrs. Even the prick who reviewed rage2 said he can't justify the price.

Extraordinary Member

Got 6 legendaries in 10 days playing roughly 3 strongholds a day lost count MWs. Gettin good loot.

Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-31-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure how the, "lacking in content" deal is even relevant when it comes to a single-player FPS. It lasts a good 20-30 hours, which is plenty. The only problem is people hear the phrase, "open world" and think it's gonna be Skyrim.

Trying to equate Rage 2 to the shitshow that is Anthem is laughable.

Honestly had the developers of Rage 2 promised a huge open world and ongoing pay services ala Anthem the complaint would be considered. Except as you posted , this game was considered a typical single player shooter game. Nothing major ala what Anthem was promoted as.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly had the developers of Rage 2 promised a huge open world and ongoing pay services ala Anthem the complaint would be considered. Except as you posted , this game was considered a typical single player shooter game. Nothing major ala what Anthem was promoted as.
    So what's the logic here? Rage didn't promise any content so it's okay to charge full price. Anthem didn't give as much as promised so it's outrage? That's kinda ridiculous. i mean I don't really pay attention to huge promos, I wasn't aware of any promises. I just saw the gameplay and decided to buy it. But honestly with that type of logic ppl are setting themselves up to be victims. Promises from gaming companies...."You promised!"
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-01-2019 at 05:45 AM.

So what's the logic here? Rage didn't promise any content so it's okay to charge full price. Anthem didn't give as much as promised so it's outrage? That's kinda ridiculous. i mean I don't really pay attention to huge promos, I wasn't aware of any promises. I just saw the gameplay and decided to buy it. But honestly with that type of logic ppl are setting themselves up to be victims. Promises from gaming companies...."You promised!"
    Anthem did promise a live service game that would have a road map. They made that promise the moment they laid it out that Anthem was gonna be a massive game that would get updates etc for years given what they laid down. Then suddenly the road map gets delayed , they go silent for weeks , they promise to fix loot drops (which were now 3 months in...has that happened yet ?) . Rage 2 never promised a live service game with a big road map of updates. They were a 10-20 hour single player game.

We get you love the game and ignore all issues. But honestly trying to proclaim that Anthem did not promise anything is kinda...silly given what they laid out.

Extraordinary Member

Anthem did promise a live service game that would have a road map. They made that promise the moment they laid it out that Anthem was gonna be a massive game that would get updates etc for years given what they laid down. Then suddenly the road map gets delayed , they go silent for weeks , they promise to fix loot drops (which were now 3 months in...has that happened yet ?) . Rage 2 never promised a live service game with a big road map of updates. They were a 10-20 hour single player game.

We get you love the game and ignore all issues. But honestly trying to proclaim that Anthem did not promise anything is kinda...silly given what they laid out.
    I'm not ignoring issues, loot isn't a problem for me cause I'm getting good loot. I've seen some bugs but not on the game-breaking level ppl have said. I never said Anthem didn't promise anything. Add to that most of the complaints I hear are from ppl who've never played the game or definitely have some bias. So it's like whatever. But what's silly to me is trying to justify full price for a game with no content and then claiming you got ripped off by a game with much more content for the same price.

I'm not ignoring issues, loot isn't a problem for me cause I'm getting good loot. I've seen some bugs but not on the game-breaking level ppl have said. I never said Anthem didn't promise anything. Add to that most of the complaints I hear are from ppl who've never played the game or definitely have some bias. So it's like whatever. But what's silly to me is trying to justify full price for a game with no content and then claiming you got ripped off by a game with much more content for the same price.
    You keep justifying a game because your getting good loot. Meanwhile half the audience has dropped from playing it because they weren't getting good loot. They grew frustrated with it.

Yeah okay go buy a 60$ game with no content that's what laughable gamers...lol. 20 hrs dude said he finished in about 6hrs. Even the prick who reviewed rage2 said he can't justify the price.
    That's like someone saying they finished Skyrim in 2 hours. I shouldn't have to explain how that works.

I wasn't aware of any promises
    lol
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-01-2019 at 02:06 PM.