Page 516 of 744 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lol a king with no power?
    That was the whole point of season one. He gave up that power for a constitution who were inept in season 2 and then I guess got their stuff together and made a utopia without tchalla in season 3. Very consistent story telling.

Or is that solely reserved for brute strength portrayals and angry black man tropes?
    Always fun when people just make stuff up
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

What part of this exchange gave you something other than an adversarial relationship? I understand messages of black unity, understanding and love need to be blatant for some to get the message. My takeaway was that these two men have a genuine understanding of one another and a respect the other's intellect, but they're not friends. One could hope though. T'Challa cultivated a network - a damn army of black superpowers ready to defend Wakanda with nothing but his intellectual prowess. How doesn't that translate to big dick energy? Or is that solely reserved for brute strength portrayals and angry black man tropes?
    What happened to the Wakandan military and scientists? I didnt see anything Thunderball did that needed him specifically. If he was working abroad that be one thing, but if he's dependent on outside help to defend his own country it projects weakness. As is steryotpyly displayed in media.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is one of the worst issues in the series. It shows a black man in chains and other Black people calling him a slave... I mean, this doesn't show any big dick energy but rather a very offensive portrayal of black people. Yet somehow this is translated to a good thing?

Plus the scans showing Boss node energy in the past pages have nothing to do with Brute strength or angry black man tropes... At all. It shows a kingly swagger and confidence in his own ability. Because you know, he's the titular Character getting isht done. Where do you think anywhere showed that trope?
    I know you weren't the one, but the word context was mentioned in an earlier post. What would you call a black man that found himself somehow wrapped up in a plot to destroy Wakanda and its king, and so committed to the white power structure that he adopts himself a white name? I know that the art portrays him in chains because he's a PHYSICAL power set. He's a BRUTE. One that should be taken seriously as a threat considering he's an intellectual power house as well.

My friend, YOU just posted a scan of T'Challa snapping at one of his people. Yes, the swagger is there. Its king ****, but he still almost bites dude's head off while telling him he came to blows with the Hulk. You posted it. I posted a philosophical debate between two exceptional intellectuals.

Shuri calling Thunderball a slave reminds me why I hate Coates' version so much, that and her saying that rape victims should've been left to die.

Anyway T'Challa showed up at the end of Invaders #9 with a new science feat. He gives Steve and Bucky the ability to breathe underwater so they can fight Namor

Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-15-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Shuri calling Thunderball a slave reminds me why I hate Coates' version so much, that and her saying that rape victims should've been left to die.

Anyway T'Challa showed up at the end of Invaders #9 with a new science feat. He gives Steve and Bucky the ability to breathe underwater so they can fight Namor

Thank you, I forgot about that part. Thunderball wasn't free to do what he wanted. Lol. I guess that why he went back to crime in Iron Man.

Interesting. Artifical gills or some Harry Potter stuff?
    Last edited by Cville; 09-15-2019 at 10:42 AM.

It seems to be a bit more than that and seems to involve rewriting DNA

Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-15-2019 at 04:36 PM.

I know you weren't the one, but the word context was mentioned in an earlier post. What would you call a black man that found himself somehow wrapped up in a plot to destroy Wakanda and its king, and so committed to the white power structure that he adopts himself a white name? I know that the art portrays him in chains because he's a PHYSICAL power set. He's a BRUTE. One that should be taken seriously as a threat considering he's an intellectual power house as well.

My friend, YOU just posted a scan of T'Challa snapping at one of his people. Yes, the swagger is there. Its king ****, but he still almost bites dude's head off while telling him he came to blows with the Hulk. You posted it. I posted a philosophical debate between two exceptional intellectuals.
    He is telling his person to get isht done after he just tells him everything he just did, you know, liberated an entire planet etc. And no the showing of a Black man in chain's being told he is a slave doesn't have anything to do with him being a brute. Wakanda is more advanced than to have frakking chains and chaining up a black man. Remember NA by Hickman? Remember what cage Black Swan was out in? But nah out him in chain's just like we see the originator's being removed from their homes.... In chains..

As for the scans I posted? There we're others. Remember the the one with Natasha? "People like me hire people like you, of course I knew" swagger. T'Challa telling Franklin he loves science yet never shown doing anything scientific of his own till we are told it in season 3? Miss me with that nonsense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That was the whole point of season one. He gave up that power for a constitution who were inept in season 2 and then I guess got their stuff together and made a utopia without tchalla in season 3. Very consistent story telling.

Always fun when people just make stuff up
    If all the decisions he's made have all been to the benefit of Wakanda and it all culminated with him wielding even more power, what did he really give up?

And what stuff did I make up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He is telling his person to get isht done after he just tells him everything he just did, you know, liberated an entire planet etc. And no the showing of a Black man in chain's being told he is a slave doesn't have anything to do with him being a brute. Wakanda is more advanced than to have frakking chains and chaining up a black man. Remember NA by Hickman? Remember what cage Black Swan was out in? But nah out him in chain's just like we see the originator's being removed from their homes.... In chains..

As for the scans I posted? There we're others. Remember the the one with Natasha? "People like me hire people like you, of course I knew" swagger. T'Challa telling Franklin he loves science yet never shown doing anything scientific of his own till we are told it in season 3? Miss me with that nonsense.
    My friend he wasn't being held in Wakanda. He was being held in the Cellar.

Context.

We approached that exchange from wildly different angles. Thunderball was being used as hired muscle. He was being used as a BRUTE by a white power structure. The same way Natasha was. As the swaggering king that he is, he dabbles in a philosophical debate with BOTH Natasha and Eliot when it was CLEAR THEY WERE BOTH BEATEN. He doesn't bother laying a hand on them because he already won. That's the big dick energy I'm referring to. In both scenes it's clear he's already delegated to the people working FOR him. They know their mission. They understand their part to play. And they executed things as HE saw fit. The Dora beat Natasha down and everyone but Thunderball is put down hard. T'Challa talks Thunderball, the bruiser into using his intellectual prowess to aid in T'Challa's plans moving forward. These are my percieved levels of big dick energy that radiates off the page. I'm so curious to understand why black men have to flex in very specific ways in order to be considered THAT dude. Like, honestly.

Why is it that other minorities can do other stuff with a lil black swag and people say "big dick energy", but black men have to flex in a certain way or he's too soft?

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

Context.

We approached that exchange from wildly different angles. Thunderball was being used as hired muscle. He was being used as a BRUTE by a white power structure. The same way Natasha was. As the swaggering king that he is, he dabbles in a philosophical debate with BOTH Natasha and Eliot when it was CLEAR THEY WERE BOTH BEATEN. He doesn't bother laying a hand on them because he already won. That's the big dick energy I'm referring to. In both scenes it's clear he's already delegated to the people working FOR him. They know their mission. They understand their part to play. And they executed things as HE saw fit. The Dora beat Natasha down and everyone but Thunderball is put down hard. T'Challa talks Thunderball, the bruiser into using his intellectual prowess to aid in T'Challa's plans moving forward. These are my percieved levels of big dick energy that radiates off the page. I'm so curious to understand why black men have to flex in very specific ways in order to be considered THAT dude. Like, honestly.

Why is it that other minorities can do other stuff with a lil black swag and people say "big dick energy", but black men have to flex in a certain way or he's too soft?
    Can you provide an example of your last paragraph?

From what I can tell you're energy is directed towards Pan Africanism to which I would suggest "Bad Mutha" as a better example.

Context.

context yes. So he is in a cellar, not Wakanda, big deal, still doesn't explain away Shuri calling him, a Black man, a slave of Wakanda.

And what are you even talking about? No one had said he had to flex a specific way. It's simply they the scans you provided, given the context of the story, one doesn't show Franklin doing anything T'Challa or his supporting cast couldn't do. And also wakanda is saved by out of franchise help, to the point where the title character and his cast are thrown under the bus to elevate others, that falls into the problem with showing Black people are competent.

And there has yet to be any thing said that leads to black men having to flex "a certain way" to not be considered soft. This whole series has portrayed Black men as uncaring, inept, misogynistic and weak, and put Black men vs black women while also showcasing the most racist stereotypes of Black people, all by a Black man who appears to have a very negative view of black people given what we have seen

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Indeed. Here is another one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

I'm not knocking the brute force approach. It's good to release anger. It feels good too. No one should let it fester. Those explosions have their place. Is that the sum of what it means for T'Challa to flex true big dick energy? From the discussion here it would seem that his scene with Black Widow would classify. By my understanding of things, though, most wouldn't consider his scene with Thunderball in the same light. I question why that is? The answers I've received weren't acceptable and made no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Can you provide an example of your last paragraph?

From what I can tell you're energy is directed towards Pan Africanism to which I would suggest "Bad Mutha" as a better example.
    That whole second season seemed quite Pan-Africanist in its approach, did it not?