Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    BANNED

Besides Namor, they got the worst of both sides of the coin. They didn't do the moral thing, like Steve, searching for other options that result in everyone's survival, and they didn't do the hard thing, like Namor, who sacrificed his morals so that universes wouldn't die. They became cowards. They talked tough, created massive weapons, fully intent on murder, and then they did exactly what they accused Cap of doing. They just stood by while everything perished. In their own ways, Cap and Namor were both right. The rest of them were wrong on every single level.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Wow, wasn't expecting Hickman to turn the Illuminati into such cowards.
    Just the one coward with his finger on the trigger. Unless you mean that they let Strange live - I guess there is always the slim hope he can be redeemed.

Besides Namor, they got the worst of both sides of the coin. They didn't do the moral thing, like Steve, searching for other options that result in everyone's survival, and they didn't do the hard thing, like Namor, who sacrificed his morals so that universes wouldn't die. They became cowards. They talked tough, created massive weapons, fully intent on murder, and then they did exactly what they accused Cap of doing. They just stood by while everything perished. In their own ways, Cap and Namor were both right. The rest of them were wrong on every single level.
    Oh, okay - I see what you mean.

I prefer to think they came to their senses. Everyone is entitled to the odd crisis of belief.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Best summary anyone's made.

I haven't been reading this comic.

Can someone summarize for me, though, what exactly these incursions are and why the only way to stop them is to destroy an earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I haven't been reading this comic.

Can someone summarize for me, though, what exactly these incursions are and why the only way to stop them is to destroy an earth?

Liked the Dark Knight Returns homage when Sun God was drained of his power/life. Still amazing the Marvel editors allowed Hickman to make the Superman clone defeat Hulk so easily. "Strongest there is", I think not. that was the most a accurate fight between Superman and Hulk. Tragic to see Sun God crying and begging for them to reconsider.
    Damn, where does Namor go from here?!?
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-03-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Thanks for posting the panel. I'll someday get around to reading the whole saga in trade, I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Maybe Reed Richards is dumb, and has been for a while now. He's supposed to become unintelligent in a future storyline, so maybe it has already been happening?
    No, he's not supposed to have lost his intelligence yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    No, at this point we'd do just as well to argue what shade of blue the sky is on any given day.
    In that case I suggest you this reference, otherwise you won't be able to defend and justify your opinions!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Liked the Dark Knight Returns homage when Sun God was drained of his power/life. Still amazing the Marvel editors allowed Hickman to make the Superman clone defeat Hulk so easily. "Strongest there is", I think not. that was the most a accurate fight between Superman and Hulk. Tragic to see Sun God crying and begging for them to reconsider.

Damn, where does Namor go from here?!?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Looking forward to reading that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Good post.

Looking forward to reading that.
    So am I. 10 chars

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    So am I. 10 chars
    Fingers crossed that it doesn't disappoint then.

I like how Namor has not changed his position literally in the villain parody version of the first issue and Maximus is in the position Black Bolt held since he likes to think he can be a king just like him. Black Swan in Richard's place makes sense since they've been competing mentally constantly. No planet looming in the background which suggests the incursions may stop with the Cabal involved.

There are lots of parallels in this arc, from the "It matters" repetition by Reed to reassure BP after BP said it in issue 15, BP saying he'd do what what must be done to his father in regards to protecting Wakanda and killing Namor, only for Namor to do what BP wouldn't do when his father demanded it, BP and Black Knight being kind of like African/American parallels of each other, Strange using the demon bound to his soul in him from the annual to tap into even darker arts which explains why he couldn't sell it since it's already basically shared property... there's a lot of good stuff here that will probably read better in a TPB format. I wonder if Reed's diminishing intellect has anything to do with his destiny being bound to BP's after he got re-powered as a King Of The Dead since BP didn't kill the other planet.

BANNED

With both planets on a collision in minutes and no third option was ever considered Namor for better or worse was correct. Sun God would have rather seen both universes destroyed to keep his heroic nobility. As they say "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." As to Black Panther breaking down I have no statement on that.