Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    How disrespectful and lame, I don't like it.
    I must agree, what a waste of a great character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

How disrespectful and lame, I don't like it.
    Yeah, that was bad and doesn't make a lot of sense she'd get taken out that easily. Also, don't really understand why she'd be associating with such a group of washed up and withered villains in the first place, maybe it's explained in the story, but not much interest in finding out. I guess if it's any consolation, at least it's an alternate universe story and not the main timeline.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Yeah, that was bad and doesn't make a lot of sense she'd get taken out that easily. Also, don't really understand why she'd be associating with such a group of washed up and withered villains in the first place, maybe it's explained in the story, but not much interest in finding out. I guess if it's any consolation, at least it's an alternate universe story and not the main timeline.
    Still bad even for an alternate story, there are better books well written, this is not one of them.

Thanks for all the pics, I really like them, very well done.

Has there been any news about her in the Disney+ Loki series besides the fact that she'll probably be a little girl for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Has there been any news about her in the Disney+ Loki series besides the fact that she'll probably be a little girl for some reason?
    Last thing I saw it was that it seems to be Sylvie Lushton (Second and teenage version of the Enchantress) instead of Amora, but not sure.

Last thing I saw it was that it seems to be Sylvie Lushton (Second and teenage version of the Enchantress) instead of Amora, but not sure.
    That's really disappointing. All these years of waiting for Amora to make her MCU debut and she won't even get that. My only hope is that this turns out to be a Valkyrie situation and it's a teenage or preteen girl hosting the spirit of Amora and by Season 2 (or the end of Season 1) the real Amora is finally able to manifest herself physically in her true body.

That's really disappointing. All these years of waiting for Amora to make her MCU debut and she won't even get that. My only hope is that this turns out to be a Valkyrie situation and it's a teenage or preteen girl hosting the spirit of Amora and by Season 2 (or the end of Season 1) the real Amora is finally able to manifest herself physically in her true body.
    Who knows, I have been complaining about the mistreatment of this character for many years and at Marvel they continue doing the same or worse regarding her, the fact of not appearing in three Thor movies is the straw that breaks the glass and being practically ignored even without confirmations or anything about the fourth Thor movie or vague references in the Loki series, they do not bode well, something happens to Marvel with this character, every day that passes is not normal, I just ask for something that I reiterate and constantly say and hopefully someday someone will bother to change things. I'm just saying RESPECT AND JUSTICE, nothing more.

Who knows, I have been complaining about the mistreatment of this character for many years and at Marvel they continue doing the same or worse regarding her, the fact of not appearing in three Thor movies is the straw that breaks the glass and being practically ignored even without confirmations or anything about the fourth Thor movie or vague references in the Loki series, they do not bode well, something happens to Marvel with this character, every day that passes is not normal, I just ask for something that I reiterate and constantly say and hopefully someday someone will bother to change things. I'm just saying RESPECT AND JUSTICE, nothing more.
    Do you think there's any chance she could be set up as the villain for Thor: Love and Thunder? It might be nice to have a female superhero film with a female supervillain (has that been done in cinema before?). Her inclusion would especially work since not only will the original Thor be around if they want to reveal a past between the two, but I think it's been suggested that Sif and Valkyrie will return as well so there's lots of connections for Amora to have here. I'm not prone to giving Marvel much credit when it comes to Amora but the optimistic side of me thinks that maybe they are going to reveal that she's been exiled or banished for so long in Asgard and she uses this girl in the Loki series as a conduit for her return and we won't see her in her full glory until the Thor sequel.

Do you think there's any chance she could be set up as the villain for Thor: Love and Thunder? It might be nice to have a female superhero film with a female supervillain (has that been done in cinema before?). Her inclusion would especially work since not only will the original Thor be around if they want to reveal a past between the two, but I think it's been suggested that Sif and Valkyrie will return as well so there's lots of connections for Amora to have here. I'm not prone to giving Marvel much credit when it comes to Amora but the optimistic side of me thinks that maybe they are going to reveal that she's been exiled or banished for so long in Asgard and she uses this girl in the Loki series as a conduit for her return and we won't see her in her full glory until the Thor sequel.
    I have serious doubts about it, unless there is news that says something, it is only rumors without confirmation. It would be great, as long as it is done well and the whole story is well written. Amora also had many connections in Thor: Ragnarok and was totally ignored in favor of Hela. Unfortunately and for years I would be on the pessimistic side and what I am seeing does not change my point of view, I need real confirmation of things, not exciting rumors that later are false.

Sylvie is a very different character from Amora, her personality is totally opposite and more innocent, neither of the two, although in Amora's case she is different, it could really be described as a villain.

It would be fine what you propose but given the latest news from before the whole Covid-19 pandemic, maybe they would go somewhere else, it seemed that that girl named Sylvie (Cailey Fleming was Judith from Walking Dead) would come out in a flash-back but I am not clear, it was not clear either in that moment when it was commented.

I have serious doubts about it, unless there is news that says something, it is only rumors without confirmation. It would be great, as long as it is done well and the whole story is well written. Amora also had many connections in Thor: Ragnarok and was totally ignored in favor of Hela. Unfortunately and for years I would be on the pessimistic side and what I am seeing does not change my point of view, I need real confirmation of things, not exciting rumors that later are false.

Sylvie is a very different character from Amora, her personality is totally opposite and more innocent, neither of the two, although in Amora's case she is different, it could really be described as a villain.

It would be fine what you propose but given the latest news from before the whole Covid-19 pandemic, maybe they would go somewhere else, it seemed that that girl named Sylvie (Cailey Fleming was Judith from Walking Dead) would come out in a flash-back but I am not clear, it was not clear either in that moment when it was commented.
    It still shocks me that Executioner has appeared yet Amora still hasn't.

I'm assuming Sylvie is being given precedence over Amora because they feel she'll work better alongside Kid/Teen Loki than a full-grown woman. I can't remember but isn't the whole Loki show supposed to be a flashback or will this be set in the present with a resurrected, young Loki?

It still shocks me that Executioner has appeared yet Amora still hasn't.

I'm assuming Sylvie is being given precedence over Amora because they feel she'll work better alongside Kid/Teen Loki than a full-grown woman. I can't remember but isn't the whole Loki show supposed to be a flashback or will this be set in the present with a resurrected, young Loki?
    Yes, me too, and more with all the time already passed since the Thor Ragnarok movie, I still think that what they do with Amora is an incredible lack of respect, in the comics they increasingly marginalize her more or do unfortunate stupidities like Last issue of Avengers of the Wastelands, an infectious garbage that I do not want to see or read again because it is offensive and patently poorly written.

That I do not know, not much is known so far about the Loki TV series, it could have been known more but you know with everything that is currently happening in the world last three months, until this passes or is reduced, we will not know more things about comic and tv news regarding it.

Yes, me too, and more with all the time already passed since the Thor Ragnarok movie, I still think that what they do with Amora is an incredible lack of respect, in the comics they increasingly marginalize her more or do unfortunate stupidities like Last issue of Avengers of the Wastelands, an infectious garbage that I do not want to see or read again because it is offensive and patently poorly written.

That I do not know, not much is known so far about the Loki TV series, it could have been known more but you know with everything that is currently happening in the world last three months, until this passes or is reduced, we will not know more things about comic and tv news regarding it.
    I don't know why Marvel treats her this way since she was Marvel's first female villain if I'm correct. And still relatively one of their most popular despite never having appeared in a movie. Then again, Marvel has never been very good towards their Silver Age female characters. Wasp was killed off after Secret Invasion, Jean was dead for more than a decade, Scarlet Witch was used as a scapegoat so all the X-Fans could hate her, and then Sue banished when Marvel didn't want to use the FF anymore. Not surprised they would treat their female supervillains the same.

I haven't read that Avengers of the Wastelands story but just reading the posts here it sounds awful. Marvel really thinks that Ant-Man could defeat Amora lol? Maybe it's better she's not in the MCU since they might only give her a cameo in Ant-Man 3 to be treated like a joke villain.

We don't even know much about the Wanda/Vision and Falcon and Winter Soldier Disney+ shows and those come out before Loki, so I wouldn't expect to know much about Loki or Amora's role in it right now.