Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default I Can be Anyone...Except Myself (Mosaic Appreciation)

16-mosaic-001.nocrop.w529.h727.jpg

true this character is far too new to have one of these threads but this is more or less to condense all future discussion into one thread because there's so much to wonder and consider about Mosaic that warrants it

such as

1.Will Lightning Strike twice For Marvel and will we have a repeat of the kamala khan incident?
    2.was it wise for them to make Mosaic into a selfish dick stealing peoples bodies for his own gain?(yes i know He'll eventually learn that's wrong but how patient will readers be with a character who feels more like a villain than a hero?)
    3.The Creative Team is unknown but between The Creators being of the diverse variety and Mosaic himself being the newest Black Marvel Hero...this should be seen as a step in the right direction right?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

I was impressed by his 1st Appearance in Uncanny Inhumans #11 recently and the idea of having an Inhuman who can possess the being of others really brings him by my definition so far as a Living DC Deadman short of Role in Marvel!

Would not surprise me if that was an inspiration for him.

Nice Thread Idea Chrysalis_Changling and I look forward to his book and continued roles for him in others!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Astonishing Member

I like giving new characters a chance after complaints ad nauseum about recycling characters or body-swapping existing heroes to be more PC. He should be interesting yeah, hopefully lightning strikes twice with this to push marvel into creating more and more new characters. It's not like it's impossible.

BANNED

it's just very difficult

Mosaic has a free Barnes and Noble Stores exclusive 10 page origin story comic giveaway coming up on August 6.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Mosaic has a free Barnes and Noble Stores exclusive 10 page origin story comic giveaway coming up on August 6.
    No Barnes And Nobles around me

Maybe it will be available elsewhere a couple weeks later like Target stores exclusive that are later sold elsewhere. Maybe someone you know lives close to one that can pick you up one and mail it to you?

BANNED

maybe It'll be on comixology at some point meh

Mosaic is in SECRET EMPIRE #7

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mosaic is in SECRET EMPIRE #7
    Yeah, and he was badass in it.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It was cool to see. Sorrentino's art was a bit confusing, though.

I do think it was interesting to use him (and one of his cooler abilities). I think the idea that he was trapped in a body raises some interesting possibilities. The fact that it was a sickly, dying body could suggest that it was someone who was too weak for their immune system to force him out (I'm assuming a regular person's "healing factor" could eventually have the same effect as a superhuman in the long term).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

I do think it was interesting to use him (and one of his cooler abilities). I think the idea that he was trapped in a body raises some interesting possibilities. The fact that it was a sickly, dying body could suggest that it was someone who was too weak for their immune system to force him out (I'm assuming a regular person's "healing factor" could eventually have the same effect as a superhuman in the long term).
    correct. that was the best treatment of the character outside his own book, hands down.

Don't be surprised if it turns out to be his swansong.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't be surprised if it turns out to be his swansong.
    oh, that's so sweet of you. thanks for contributing.