Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Duke was recently confirmed to be in Future State. Harper is in the Punchline series.
    YES! Now where's Kate?
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    YES! Now where's Kate?
    Still not accounted for in Future State, and with no word yet on her appearing anywhere else as of yet.

She may still appear in #14 of Batman/Superman (she's been in the last 2 issues), but that would be the end of that guest run.

Haven't seen any writers discussing her anywhere, all the buzz is about Future State, and/or the new characters from Joker War, at the moment.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Still not accounted for in Future State, and with no word yet on her appearing anywhere else as of yet.

She may still appear in #14 of Batman/Superman (she's been in the last 2 issues), but that would be the end of that guest run.

Haven't seen any writers discussing her anywhere, all the buzz is about Future State, and/or the new characters from Joker War, at the moment.
    Potentially benching her so they can have Ryan Wilder take up the Batwoman mantle to align with the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Potentially benching her so they can have Ryan Wilder take up the Batwoman mantle to align with the show?
    While I understand the desire for synergy I hope not. Kate is a great character. It would be a shame if Kate is written out of her own book because of a TV show with a confused direction due to real-life problems.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    While I understand the desire for synergy I hope not. Kate is a great character. It would be a shame if Kate is written out of her own book because of a TV show with a confused direction due to real-life problems.
    i know! Also DC does synergy differently than Marvel. I'm hoping for MOTB situation
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

On the topic of Ryan, DC is sending Batgirl #50 back to the presses for a second printing citing the demand for Ryan’s first appearance. This may encourage DC to use her more in the comics if they don’t already plan to.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    On the topic of Ryan, DC is sending Batgirl #50 back to the presses for a second printing citing the demand for Ryan’s first appearance. This may encourage DC to use her more in the comics if they don’t already plan to.
    I doubt it. Castellucci has said that the last issues of that run basically aren't relevant anymore. And there's no way that issue did Punchline sorts of numbers; I can't find any sales figures for #50 yet, but #49 was less than 40k for its high estimate. I'd be surprised if #50 did much more than 60k for its first run. Not hard to sell out of something there's not a lot of.

And all that's in addition to DC not doing media synergy like Marvel does.
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-15-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

True... I was actually surprised when the preview revealed Ryan's comic debut, as they didn't do previous synergy things like giving Atom an Iron Man style armor, creating a Legends of Tomorrow team, giving Green Arrow and Flash teams like in their shows (GA did add Diggle to the cast and gave Oliver a sister) or having Martian Manhunter take over the DEO.

And that makes me think there are plans for Ryan Wilder in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True... I was actually surprised when the preview revealed Ryan's comic debut, as they didn't do previous synergy things like giving Atom an Iron Man style armor, creating a Legends of Tomorrow team, giving Green Arrow and Flash teams like in their shows (GA did add Diggle to the cast and gave Oliver a sister) or having Martian Manhunter take over the DEO.

And that makes me think there are plans for Ryan Wilder in the comics.
    They gave New 52 Atom an armor about the time he first came out on TV, they just return him to his original costume in Rebirth. There's no Legends team though.
    Another synergy is adding Cat Grant to Supergirl Rebirth with her TV personality. New 52 Cat Grant was kind of an airhead.
    So it's kinda random what they synergize or not.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-16-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Couple more good things today. 'Tec #1031 was a brief appearance, but continued the notion of Kate and Jason being paired up, as they were on a stakeout together.

Batman/Superman #14 was the more interesting one, where Kate got to basically do wave defense of a horde of robots with just her fists and a slightly upgraded suit. Didn't get to see that fight, unfortunately, but she still got to do it, which was cool. Williamson's writing of her in this arc was... fine, but it got progressively more generic as the story went on. Not horrible, but he could've dug a bit deeper to get her more correct.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Can't stand it. Won't watch the new show.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Can't stand it. Won't watch the new show.
    what do you mean?

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    what do you mean?
    New season of the show with Kate gone or just the show in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    New season of the show with Kate gone or just the show in general?
    More like "what was that post even in response to?"

I'm not interested in a Batwoman TV show without the. character of Kate.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all