Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    They dont have the power to override him. Not sure what gimmick they come up with him to be stopped but he probably has to give this up himself ala Thanos.
    IDK, it was already done to him once. If Legion can break free, all bets are off. And of note in AoXM, Nate looks like he first did in Disassembled, before merging with David.

Also, Dani Moonstar, she could create specific illusions with her Mutant powers. Those derived from a target's deepest desires... hmmm...

... just throwin' stuff out there.

Haven’t visited these forums in months!!! Weird. how glib and callous Kitty and Storm were when a Jamie died.

Truly despise what they’ve done with Nate. He’s just a boring maniac. Doesn’t resemble any past incarnations. I’m glad his hair’s terrible now. Thrilled to be liberated from buying X-Books after this.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    And you expect the artist to draw a small mole or wrinkle in every panel?

Some of the panels don't even have their iris drawn.

The fact that Trinary appeared in the call for help together with that Nezhno guy speaks volumes.
    Im not talking about a wrinkle; its a mole and one that identifies her and has been consistent across the multiple artists on Red. I dont expect it when she is seen from afar, but on a cover which where she is clearly visible, then yeah. JDW was asked if that was Dani or Trinary and he made it clear that it was Dani. Now that may end up being a shape shifter like Mystique or some other fake Dani, but it definitely isnt intended to be Trinary. The artist drew "Dani" there

BANNED

Overall Uncanny has been pretty absent of anything groundbreaking. I haven't seen any character development, the art quality varies from issue-to-issue, characters are looking & acting differently than they should, and despite the huge roster we're still missing a lot of characters, and even the ones that are leading the charge aren't doing a lot. I mean, Angel, Jubilee, Polaris, Cannonball & Northstar did next to nothing despite being supposed main characters.

As a whole, I'm pretty disappointed in the way the series has turned out. I really like Thompson, Rosenberg & Brisson as writers individually, but this project just isn't doing a lot for me. I don't know if it was rushed or the writing formula was flawed or where excatly it went wrong, but it didn't deliver on my expectations. I hope Age of X-Man is of a higher quality, and that whatever happens to the X-Men beyond that point is of value.

I was really glad to see Loa, Indra, Frenzy, Sunfire, Surge, Doctor Nemesis & Trance. It's been a while since we've legitimately seen them appear in an X-Book. I doubt they'll do anything significant in the next issue of Uncanny, but all of the present characters will surely be pulled into the Age of X-Man.

Why is it that Dust & Hellion aren't depicted and yet Tempus, Eye-Boy and Match made the cut?

Magneto was obviously separated from his Brotherhood, and its understandable that they would be out of reach on Asteroid M but I'm still a little bummed they don't get even a minimal role in the Age of X-Man b/c of that.

Emma Frost should have gotten the call, even if she chose not to answer.

Who knows where the hell Sunspot is. I just need 'berto back and doing something significant.

Siryn & Chamber are absent yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >Poor Anole. Character assassination when Glob Herman should have been the most logical choice to want to give others a choice re: being a[n ugly] mutant.
    It would have been more in character had it been Glob, but Ed Brisson's fondness for the character probably protected him. It bothers me that Anole is a traitor in this instance.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Siryn is on another plane of existence altogether.

Jean wouldn't call Emma
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Havok and Professor Fantomex did not receive the message either. And one of those is the father of the main antagonist. Obviously the message was not intended/reach for every X-Men

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Havok and Professor Fantomex did not receive the message either. And one of those is the father of the main antagonist. Obviously the message was not intended/reach for every X-Men
    Professor X is dead as far as anyone other than Archangel knows, so that explains that one.

He'd only make things worse anyway.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Professor X is dead as far as anyone other than Archangel knows, so that explains that one.

He'd only make things worse anyway.
    He's the only one there capable of taking down Legion/X-Man. Given it's Rosenberg story he might still show up

BANNED

Siryn is on another plane of existence altogether.

Jean wouldn't call Emma
    She is? I know she's the Morrigan and all but I thought she was still on the earthly plane?

And really? I think with the stakes this high she would still ask for help wherever she might get it. I just thought that Emma mightn't pick up the telepathic call to arms, or was in her diamond form at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Havok and Professor Fantomex did not receive the message either. And one of those is the father of the main antagonist. Obviously, the message was not intended/reach for every X-Men
    Well Havok is incarcerated and X is thought dead, so there's a reason they didn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    She is? I know she's the Morrigan and all but I thought she was still on the earthly plane?

And really? I think with the stakes this high she would still ask for help wherever she might get it. I just thought that Emma mightn't pick up the telepathic call to arms, or was in her diamond form at the time.

Well Havok is incarcerated and X is thought dead, so there's a reason they didn't show up.
    Havoks incarcerated? Those were hard light projections?

Just checked. I guess however desperate times and Pixie can teleport
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-10-2019 at 07:38 PM.

BANNED

Just because they weren’t on the splash page doesn’t mean certain characters weren’t contacted. There’s plenty of characters on the final page who weren’t on the splash page.

Jean wouldn't call Emma
    As the past few pages of this thread made painfully clear, Jean has Teen Jean's memories. That means she remembers Emma mentoring her, helping to train her to use her powers, that Emma helped her a bit when she was preparing for the Phoenix's return

They didn't have an outright terrible relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Just because they weren’t on the splash page doesn’t mean certain characters weren’t contacted. There’s plenty of characters on the final page who weren’t on the splash page.
    Exactly. Cypher, Oya, Thunderbird, and Dr. Nemesis werent seen contacted by Jean but all showed up at the end

Plus we know Sage is showing up in the last issue, so it’s possible we’re gonna see a whole slew of other mutants fighting X-Man.

If only Jean had gotten [temporarily non-mutant] Wanda. One reality-warping psycho vs another reality-warping psycho would either have ended well or VERY badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'