Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I see the comparisons between mutants and Eternals and i don't think they're right. It isn't like one-to-one Eternal to X-Man. Except maybe with the high level reality warpers like Legion and Proteus and Monarch, who might be 1:1 with any given Eternal we've seen, it's 1:1 Eternal to one or more Omega mutants. On the upper level is Uranos, who is like 10 Omegas (plus) to one, and even a Serei would be able to wipe out several of the right combo of Omegas.

I might be wrong...I quickly read some Eternals stuff to prep for Judgement line but am not an expert in them. But they seem to demigods and at or approaching Thanos level.
    Sersi is strong enough to fight against Exodus, but she lost quite fast.

Exodus himself said Thena is weaker than himself, but she's almost at his level.

Druig fought half a dozen X-Men led by Cyclops around Civil War I (I think he lost).

Ikaris and Blackbolt fought as equals, but Blackbolt didn't use his voice.

The Forgotten One is roughly Hercules level.

Zuras fought Zeus himself once.

I don't think your average named Eternal is the equivalent to more than one Omega. Storm would be quite vulnerable to a quick strike from an Eternal, lacking force fields or invulnerability, but Magneto, Exodus or Jean can give most Eternals a really bad time...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-30-2022 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have to admit ,if that was Hope as the Phoenix in the Expanse timeline it would suggest Hope and Exodus as a two-some would be a scary wrecking crew. Even if Hope is the only one having faith in Exodus ,she could amplify his power as an Omega even without the Phoenix and as he fights his battles and gets more encouragement by more mutants,the multiplier would be massive. That type of synergy would probably make even the five jealous
    Exodus does not even need others to believe in him, his own self confidence and conviction can boost him to team-buster levels

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exodus does not even need others to believe in him, his own self confidence and conviction can boost him to team-buster levels

Yeah, that's what I thought it was originally when he first appeared? Exodus has his own high self-belief which allowed him to go super levels.

The others needing to believe in him is something new to me, and not sure that is accurate either. I mean, who has said they believe in him/follow him?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought it was originally when he first appeared? Exodus has his own high self-belief which allowed him to go super levels.

The others needing to believe in him is something new to me, and not sure that is accurate either. I mean, who has said they believe in him/follow him?
    I think it may be a 2 step process, when people believe in him he can believe on himself even harder ……
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This was so f’ing good.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

*side eye* Cyclops has never and will never be a nerd. Just because someone is a strategist of a high caliber does not one make a nerd. Like i'm a nerd, but Scott Summers has never been he's badass. That's all i got. Oh and what is it about kitty that most writers seem to always hit that beyond annoying mark at one point or another. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This was so f’ing good.
    It was meh. This was the country club to the actual war on Arrako. I wanted to love this book. But like most issues it was just meh.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    *side eye* Cyclops has never and will never be a nerd. Just because someone is a strategist of a high caliber does not one make a nerd. Like i'm a nerd, but Scott Summers has never been he's badass. That's all i got. Oh and what is it about kitty that most writers seem to always hit that beyond annoying mark at one point or another. lol
    Never been a Cyclops fan, but also never saw him as a nerd. Always saw him as the All-American jock turned rising star in the company being groomed to take over who can do no wrong.

And I think the Kitty thing is the same writing issue they have with almost all of the characters who started out as kids...they never know how to properly age them up either inworld with the time(shifting)-line or out-world in writing them as fully functioning adults who have outgrown the original characteristics that made them 'cute'. I feel Marvel writers never know how to properly and consistently age up these characters' personalities no matter how badass they become as adults.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Mighty Member

Cyclops was a huge nerd though when he first joined and honestly stayed that way till Morrison.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did apocalypse give exodus a powerup or awaken his dormant power? is that something canonically that happened or is this something just now seen in this preview?
    in 1 of the last x books ( sorry i forgot), it was also stated from hope that the more people that have faith in him as well as the more faith he has in himself, the stronger he is

Mighty Member

Exodus' fights with Sersi are always weird cause nothing Exodus has ever done before or since puts him on her level. Yet he won easily once in a psychic battle and fought her for a while in a whole battle of powers.

Also using Exodus for most Omegas is kinda whack cause unless you're playing with a Psychic Omega or Reality warper, Sersi is a problem cause she is a reality warper.
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 08-02-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Why is Exodus’s story being regressed in this series?? He finally reached a point where he no longer wanted to be a follower only to now follow Hope? Feels like his story is going backwards.

He’s not really a follower though.

Wil discuss tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Why is Exodus’s story being regressed in this series?? He finally reached a point where he no longer wanted to be a follower only to now follow Hope? Feels like his story is going backwards.
    If I had to guess i would say that he is manipulating the mutant messiah story to get more faith and more power. It would be more like a cult follower getting out of their sect and creating their own.
    I guess we'll see next issue though.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ARDS-amp-RULES

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES
    NO REVIEW/SPOILER THREADS OF NEW COMIC RELEASES BEFORE 9AM EST

Threads to discuss newly-released comics may be created at 9:00 AM Eastern on the day the issues are officially released in the United States (typically Wednesday).