Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Liked this better than 2, at least the pacing seemed "faster", but yeah, it's still kind of slow, but at least we got that ending.

Also, yeah that's probably not Emma. Emma was out of commission with the Cuckoos, Quentin and Hope, why would she be in London so quickly after that, casually drinking wine without even mentioning something like Jeen being incinerated by the Phoenix just a while ago?
    Emma never actually saw Jeen being killed by the Phoenix, no? So I guess that this issue suggests that she just got up after fainting, went to London & didn't care about checking on Hope & Quentin lol (since she mentions them and Kitty says that they missing/unavailable). Or they were rescued off-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Emma never actually saw Jeen being killed by the Phoenix, no? So I guess that this issue suggests that she just got up after fainting, went to London & didn't care about checking on Hope & Quentin lol (since she mentions them and Kitty says that they missing/unavailable). Or they were rescued off-panel.
    Jean Grey 11 hasn't come out, so we'll see.

I messaged Matthew on Twitter about if that really is Emma even though she looked to be unconcious in JG 10 and his answer was "Yes. And you should keep reading Jean Grey for answers."
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Xorneto or Xorn's brother.
    Banshee was also in the first issue in the diner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    perhaps all the X titles should have tied in to this book which would have given them a chance to expand the storyline by adding action and by giving different characters spotlight so their thoughts and reactions about jeans resurrection and the pheonixs return would have been more detailed. Laura could have shown receiving the call and dealing with psychic mags and maybe wolvie constructs in her book, the gold team would have been scrambling to catch up and deal with all the weird manifestations and could have shown to all be thinking of their connection to jean and subconsciously sense that she is reaching out for them, x men blue could have shown to be worried about their missing team mate with tensions running high between alt wolverine cyclops and teen beast before receiving the call. Then the various conflicts, phenomena manifesting and the way the various teams dealt with could be further expolred in tie in books. A interim issue could have made more sense for jeen that shows all of them trapped in a psychic illusion or inside the 'egg' with them gradually getting aware and attempt to find ghost jean or a way out. As the series stand it doesn't make as much for compelling reading apart from Jean returning. it seems to lack meat and feels like being told only the bare outline of a story that feels thin.
    Agree with this. This would have been a great opportunity for a All-Hands crossover.

.. Well one positive is that we got to see Emma's great new outfit.. so that was nice. I like how she was drawn. The sooner IvX is forgotten the better.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    This is what had me wondering about Emma. Emma was very intent on staying around to fight the Phoenix, basically for teen Jean's sake, so I find it weird she would up and leave everyone unless the story had concluded. Emma only confirms she saw the Phoenix. She doesn't mention that there's a ghost Jean (which she knew), that teen Jean died (which she may not have known but I kind of doubt it), or the whereabouts of the Hope, Quire, or the Cuckoos which she did know very recently.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    This is what had me wondering about Emma. Emma was very intent on staying around to fight the Phoenix, basically for teen Jean's sake, so I find it weird she would up and leave everyone unless the story had concluded. Emma only confirms she saw the Phoenix. She doesn't mention that there's a ghost Jean (which she knew), that teen Jean died (which she may not have known but I kind of doubt it), or the whereabouts of the Hope, Quire, or the Cuckoos which she did know very recently.
    I think it does boggle the mind.

Im going to compartmentalize this confusion until after I read jean grey 11. If this isn't answered there, that's when illl start allowing myself to be confused.

Btw, regarding magneto not being dead yet in Jean's illusion- isn't magneto dead / fading in and out of existence in the current arc of xmen blue? Maybe that has something to do with his coming and going appearances here (not necessarily, just an observation).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Yet when offered she rejected the idea. It's a good but odd choice here. Wasn't the mesa where Jean held back Scott's powers for a while?

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Yet when offered she rejected the idea. It's a good but odd choice here. Wasn't the mesa where Jean held back Scott's powers for a while?
    Yeah, she held back his optic blast with her TK, they made love, and established the psychic rapport between them. The psychic rapport came back when Jean got her telepathy back at the end of X-Factor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    When she was Phoenix. Yes. So it could be more of a Phoenix memory.

Wasn't Jean's corpse buried in the ice? NOT at the school?

The mesa's also special both for Jean and the Phoenix. The Phoenix is its own entity, but it really likes being Jean, and of terms of things it did as/while bonded with Jean that's one of the biggies.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I messaged Matthew on Twitter about if that really is Emma even though she looked to be unconcious in JG 10 and his answer was "Yes. And you should keep reading Jean Grey for answers."
    Didn't the jean grey book end?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Nah, it's at the X-mansion. Scott had Domino dig it up during the Sisterhood arc to trick Maddie and presumably was returned there after she was defeated

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn't the jean grey book end?
    No, there is still one more issue

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

No, she was temporarily buried in ice in Endsong, but she rose from the ice to fight and defeat a Phoenix-possessed Emma. At the end of Endsong, Jean became White Phoenix and sustained the X-Men through an Event Horizon.

Many of us fans interpreted it as Jean then bodily ascending to the White Hot Room. However, Pak's intention was that Jean allowed the Event Horizon to kill her so she could go back to the WHR.

Jean's body should have been obliterated, but apparently it was placed back in her grave. The Sisterhood story establishes that her body was back in the grave.