Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    When I go through the YA thread most of the conversation has to do with hulking and Wiccan. I wonder if there's a way to generate more buzz to raise Eli's profile.
    Yeah Just posting here or in the other black characters in general appreciation or discussion thread & and in the general minority thread..Most of YA outside Billy & Ted don’t get actively or in the long length periods in there. Next is Kate, America & Tommy after that rest of team/cast
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 01-07-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Yeah Just posting here or in the other black characters in general appreciation three discussion thread & and in the general minority thread..Most of YA outside Billy & Ted don’t get actively or in the long length periods in there. Next is Kate, America & Tommy after that rest of team/cast
    Right, just bring your Eli thoughts and info here.

Yo is Eli the first YA member to get his own thread? And he's the most underused? Love that for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yo is Eli the first YA member to get his own thread? And he's the most underused? Love that for him!
    I think Wiccan and America Chavez had their own threads before Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Not sure if he was first to get thread, I do believe that he is grossly under used. Especially when considering the role he is supposed to be playing up to. Writers have do a better job of leaning into why this kid is the Captain America for this Young Avengers. Similar to how most DC teams have a bat family on it and that member is usually has heavy influence on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think Wiccan and America Chavez had their own threads before Eli.
    Kate as well.
    http://community.comicbookresources....p-Appreciation
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Default The Patriot

Hopefully The Falcon and the Winter Soldier rumors are true and we get to see Eli Bradley in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The only MCU movie that I've seen was Black Panther, so Eli would be a more than welcomed addition as far as I'm concerned.

And I didn't have a great deal of interest in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier until this rumor, now it's everything for me. It's now, for me, the alpha and omega for the MCU, and if he's in, then now I'm in too. All in.

(Although, the announcement of the Fantastic Four got my attention and has pretty much drawn me in, The Patriot would seal it though; would guarantee to it.)

And on the fun side of things, since there's going to be a Riri Williams in the MCU with the Disney+ Ironheart series, an Eli and Riri relationship would be great, I think. The play could be, the new Cap and Iron Man in the MCU are more than just friends this time around. That would be fun. Black love and all that...

On the comic side, at first I didn't think that there was much chance in seeing anything (Eli Bradley) The Patriot-related in the near future, but then it dawned on me, an AMERICA CHAVEZ: MADE IN THE USA solo miniseries is coming in March. And she's of course going to be in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

So there's a chance, I guess.

A favorite scene for Eli for me is the famous one:

...and I love that costume, that one's my favorite.

If he is in the MCU I think it would be great if they went with that one. The rumored actor for the part, Elijah Richardson, doesn't have a bald head, so this costume would work out well I think; possibly even for the best because it wouldn't be a huge disconnect from the comic in this sense.

It's kind of funny to say this, but I feel they would handle Eli in the MCU better than they would in the comics (depending of course on who the writer is and the story they want to tell).

In all, as a black male whose always loved Captain America, and whose favorite Marvel (and comic) series is TRUTH: RED, WHITE AND BLACK, there's an incredibly strong desire, almost a need, for me to see Eli Bradley in the MCU and back in the comics.

And yes, I would absolutely love to see Josiah X again (Josiah Al Hajj Saddiq), but that ain't happening anytime soon. Neither Marvel or Kevin Feige are that bold. Ha!

You realise people can change their hair for a role, right? They don't need to cover up his hair, he can shave it off. Black Widow's actress dyes her blonde hair red - except for in Infinity War where the blonde is justified as a disguise because she was on the run. Gamora's actress Karen Gillan shaved her head for the first Guardians film, though covers it up with a bald cap and makeup in the sequel and Avengers. James McAvoy had to do the same for his role as Professor Xavier in X-Men: Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If they manage to Eli in the MCU, I really hope they can do a D+ series on Isaiah and Josiah. This would give a lot more background into Eli's story.

Default The Look

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You realise people can change their hair for a role, right? They don't need to cover up his hair, he can shave it off. Black Widow's actress dyes her blonde hair red - except for in Infinity War where the blonde is justified as a disguise because she was on the run. Gamora's actress Karen Gillan shaved her head for the first Guardians film, though covers it up with a bald cap and makeup in the sequel and Avengers. James McAvoy had to do the same for his role as Professor Xavier in X-Men: Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.
    Yes, I'm fully aware of that.

Like I said, I just like his first costume better (and it's been over 15 years, wow, has time flown by... ).

So no need for Elijah Richardson to shave his head when they can just go with, what I feel, is the better looking costume anyway.

And just looking at it from a marketing and merchandise perspective, things like action figures of black characters (and female for that matter) have historically never been top sellers, so why take a risk when you already have something that looks cool and covers everything up.

So you kill two birds with one stone.

And from a style standpoint, and even though I've been shaving my head since I was 22 (because of a receding hairline), bald heads on young people really isn't the style right now. Wasn't really in 2005, either, but, y'know, when you don't have a black artist creating the look of the character, and if the creators aren't black and don't bother that much with their research, then you get black teenagers with bald heads in 2005. (Ha!) If it had been in 1995, then that look would have been kind of cool. But not so much in 2005, and certainly not in the 2020's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Hopefully The Falcon and the Winter Soldier rumors are true and we get to see Eli Bradley in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The only MCU movie that I've seen was Black Panther, so Eli would be a more than welcomed addition as far as I'm concerned.

And I didn't have a great deal of interest in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier until this rumor, now it's everything for me. It's now, for me, the alpha and omega for the MCU, and if he's in, then now I'm in too. All in.

(Although, the announcement of the Fantastic Four got my attention and has pretty much drawn me in, The Patriot would seal it though; would guarantee to it.)

And on the fun side of things, since there's going to be a Riri Williams in the MCU with the Disney+ Ironheart series, an Eli and Riri relationship would be great, I think. The play could be, the new Cap and Iron Man in the MCU are more than just friends this time around. That would be fun. Black love and all that...

On the comic side, at first I didn't think that there was much chance in seeing anything (Eli Bradley) The Patriot-related in the near future, but then it dawned on me, an AMERICA CHAVEZ: MADE IN THE USA solo miniseries is coming in March. And she's of course going to be in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

So there's a chance, I guess.

A favorite scene for Eli for me is the famous one:

...and I love that costume, that one's my favorite.

If he is in the MCU I think it would be great if they went with that one. The rumored actor for the part, Elijah Richardson, doesn't have a bald head, so this costume would work out well I think; possibly even for the best because it wouldn't be a huge disconnect from the comic in this sense.

It's kind of funny to say this, but I feel they would handle Eli in the MCU better than they would in the comics (depending of course on who the writer is and the story they want to tell).

In all, as a black male whose always loved Captain America, and whose favorite Marvel (and comic) series is TRUTH: RED, WHITE AND BLACK, there's an incredibly strong desire, almost a need, for me to see Eli Bradley in the MCU and back in the comics.

And yes, I would absolutely love to see Josiah X again (Josiah Al Hajj Saddiq), but that ain't happening anytime soon. Neither Marvel or Kevin Feige are that bold. Ha!
    Great post! Keep up the faith, if there's enough buzz from Eli being in the show for however long I think there room to expand on his history, including our guy Josiah X!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Great post! Keep up the faith, if there's enough buzz from Eli being in the show for however long I think there room to expand on his history, including our guy Josiah X!
    We definitely gotta keep buzz around Eli.

Default As-Salaam-Alaikum

If they manage to Eli in the MCU, I really hope they can do a D+ series on Isaiah and Josiah. This would give a lot more background into Eli's story.
    I imagine this would be the way they would go. And just have the whole family be in the series, and make that be what the series is about.

Because having a black lead of a movie that's not the Black Panther is still a big risk, I think. (Because I haven't seen Marvel tripping over themselves to do one yet; even after the Black Panther made them a billion dollars.)

And while you can do a Captain America movie, that's not that risky, I don't know about a "The Patriot" movie.

So Disney+ would be the way to go.

I mean, they're doing an Ironheart series, and Ms. Marvel. So they're obviously not that afraid of taking chances. And I would think a Patriot series would be even less of a risk than many of the ones that they've announced. No more or less risky than something like She-Hulk, surely.

And this may be a good play. Introduce him in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and spin him off. And yeah, bring in moms, the brother, the sister(s). And bring in grand pops, of course, and if they dare, maybe even the "militant" Muslim uncle.

And be like "Boom."

As-Salaam-Alaikum.

And then do a "New Avengers" movie with Eli as the new Cap, after a season or so of his own series on Disney+, where you're building him up for those who will have doubts.

Extraordinary Member

Welcome to the Eli Bradley Appreciation thread! One of the founders of the Young Avengers, Patriot is the grandson of Isaiah Bradley, the forgotten Captain America who was the first American to receive the Super Soldier Serum!

First Appearance: Young Avengers #1

Videogame Appearance: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Abilities: Originally, Eli had no superhuman powers. He was just a highly trained peak human. However, after receiving a blood transfusion by his grandfather to save his life, Eli gained superhuman abilities because of the SSS that flowed in his grandfather's veins! Eli possess all of the abilities that the SSS endows, increased strength, endurance, speed, agility, reflexes, durability and healing factor.

Weapons: Eli uses a replica of Captain America's original triangular shield as well as throwing stars.

Team Affiliations:
    Young Avengers
    Secret Avengers

See:
    Young Avengers Vol. I
    Young Avengers/Runaways.
    Avengers: Children's Crusade.

Point of order...Eli was NOT peak human til he got the blood transfusion from Isiah. He has a normal human athlete and faked SSS by using MGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Point of order...Eli was NOT peak human til he got the blood transfusion from Isiah. He has a normal human athlete and faked SSS by using MGH.
    Yeah, I know about Eli and the MGH. I was just so disgusted by the idea of having a young Black hero hooked on drugs for whatever reasons, that I chose not to include it in my synopsis. But it's open to discussion at any point in this thread.