Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default What do you want for Wonder Woman 3? (POSSIBLE WW1984 SPOILERS)

Many of us have now seen Wonder Woman 1984. Regardless of your feelings on that film, what do you want to see going forward into Wonder Woman 3? Do you want Patty Jenkins to return as director, or see a new director's take on the amazon? Where do you want the plot to go? Another side-adventure or a present-day story? What villain(s) do you want to see Wonder Woman face? New supporting characters? Post it all here!

For me:

PLOT
    I'd like to see a story where Diana reunites with her sisters on Themyscira in present day. We've had a film that centered on her real-world superheroics, I think it's time to bring it back to high fantasy and mythology.

"The Witch on the Island" is a great story they could adapt by tweaking the plot a bit and incorporating Themyscira. Same goes for "Witching War".

I don't think they should bring back the Olympian Gods. The WW films can't keep killing characters off and then bringing them back. They were declared dead in the first WW, let them stay that way. Lesser gods like Deimos, Phobos, Eris, or Dolos are fair game for partnering up with Circe, though.

Using Circe would also be a fun way to have illusions/phantoms of other characters long gone, like Etta, the Oddfellows, or Dr. Poison. That could be the way they squeeze Chris Pine into the film, too.

SUPPORTING CAST
    NO STEVE TREVOR. Even if you haven't seen the second film, you know he's brought back. We do NOT need to see him brought back again. Let Diana exist without Steve. Let his goodbyes to Diana actually mean something. But, the film will need some male characters in the mix so I think adding Ferdinand to the film would be the way to go. He's visually appealing, different, and brings some fantasy to the team.

I'd also like it if Julia and Vanessa Kapatelis were prominent parts of her life in the present day. Steve and Etta are off the table for human allies, so she's going to need some, and George Perez spent so many issues really fleshing these two women out.

A reasonable criticism of WW1984 is its depiction of people of color. There should be positive role models of color going forward. Obviously there's Philippus (who needs a much larger role), but I also think Nubia and Euboea getting some spotlight would be fantastic. As for men, General Darnell or Mike Schorr or any of the countless men in Diana's life could easily be racebent, or use Trevor Barnes. Oof, this supporting cast is already getting too big.

VILLAINS
    The only villain that makes sense for a third entry is Circe. She's the last of the Big 3 baddies to not feature in the film, and it'd be nice to have an uncontested female "big bad" as the one to truly put Diana through the ringer. Add in her Bestiamorphs, especially her love-butler Mikos.

I'd also love to see Cheetah return, but maybe not as an antagonist? It'd be interesting to see Diana going to Barbara for help like we see in "The Lies". Diana forming her own little mythical Justice League with Cheetah, Nubia, and Ferdinand would be quite great.

If there has to be a second villain, make it someone who isn't going to steal the show away from Circe in the way that Max and Cheetah had to duel for the spotlight. Giganta is a good pick since she's visually interesting. But really, Circe's Bestiamorphs should be enough if they're given really cool designs (Perez's run had some really fun designs like serpents and wolves to go along with Mikos's crow).

BEHIND THE CAMERA

I hate to say this but... ditch Patty Jenkins. I adore the first WW and I really liked WW84 but it's time for some new blood for the film. Also, no Geoff Johns on writing. I really think they should bring Allan Heinberg back on for screenwriting. He really got the first Wonder Woman and he also writes a great Circe to boot!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Pretty much in agreement with everything you said. Definitely no more Steve after this, and Circe needs to be the main villain.

I'd like the main focus to be on Diana, Circe, Barbara's arc continuing (as sort of a wild card character who could ally with WW or Circe) and the return of the Amazons. I'd love to add the Kapatelis women and/or Ferdinand as well, but it would probably be too much if I want all those other characters. Plus I fear the special effects budget wouldn't work for Ferdinand (more on that below).

Adding the Amazons as a whole back would allow them to write in Philippus, Euboea (retcon their dumb deaths from JL), Nubia, Artemis, etc. Maybe even Donna as well, it can't be that hard to come up with some explanation for an orphaned baby ending up on Themyscira for Hippolyta to raise. So Hippolyta and Donna would probably get the most focus, but you can at least have the others contribute in some awesome action scenes.

My main worry for Circe and her Beastiamorphs (or any mythical creatures as a whole) is it the potential to look like ass. I'd love Ferdinand, but not if he looks bad. The WW films in particular seems to have lousy CGI among the DC films. I wonder if they give Patty less of a budget for that? And yes, I wouldn't mind Patty stepping back as a producer and offering story input but giving some free reign for another director.

Have it set in the present and agree for it to be about Diana returning to Themyscira, along with the island opening itself up to the world.

Reading it rather recently, I thought Simone’s The Circle would make a decent basis for that kind of idea with Circe as the big bad manipulating events obviously.

I agree about keeping the Gods dead. I’d have liked if the Goddesses were more prominent in the film backstory of the Amazons but Ares killing them off was probably for the best given they can overtake the stories they appear in. Agree also on Steve staying dead, only have him as some illusion conjured by Circe if Pine shows up in a third film.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Pretty much same.

I love Steve but there is no valid way to bring him back.

Themiscrya needs to make a return and be the main setting. I'd probably set it up with Dooms Door being opened, majority of the Amazons turned to stone, Diana having to travel to Tartarus to retrieve an artifact (likely Medusa) to turn them back.

1. Pull the Medousa/Bronze Door stuff and Veronica Cale from Rucka.

2. The 2nd Contest/Challenge of Artemis. Donna Milton/Circe, White Magician, Doctor Psycho.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I want a good script this time. Everything else is secondary.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

No Steve Trevor. Let Diana be the star of the show.
    Bring back Jenkins; the cinematic triumph that was the first Wonder Woman is her baby, and she needs to come back to finish the trilogy, but bring back Allan Heinberg, who co-wrote it. That script was much better, less convoluted, and more economical.
    Circe for sure as the main baddie.
    Harpies, gorgons, monsters of myth.
    Bring on the action. LOTS of action.
    Have Diana use the lasso and bracelets AND the sword and shield.
    Better F/X...but please, less CGI and more practical effects. The Cheetah fight post transformation was such a letdown, mainly because it was mostly subpar CGI shrouded in darkness. Why couldn't we have Wonder Woman and Cheeta fighting using Gal Gadot and Kristen Wiig in solid fight choreography, Cheetah makeup and stunt doubles? It would have added gravitas and a sense of weight, as opposed to being an inert display of computer generated fakery.
    Also, time to introduce Julia and Vanessa.
    The whole main cast should be female: Diana, Julia, Vanessa, and Circe (maybe Cheetah is a cameo too).
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 12-26-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Like the others have mentioned, Circe, Cheetah, the Kapetalis', the Amazons and Ferdinand if they can make him look good. I also want Myndi Mayer! And a nod to one of the Wonder Girls would be nice. Just a quick scene showing Diana rescuing Donna from the fire or have Helena Sandsmark as Diana's colleague in the museum.

Extraordinary Member

The reception the movie is getting I don’t see another wonderwoman for a while
    Not Diana at least

Decent writing.

This movie was better than Batman vs. Superman but not much better.

The problem with the DC shared universe of films has always been extremely poor writing, and for a reason that utterly escapes me this problem has yet to be rectified in any serious way. There've been some decent moments but no one film stands out as truly stellar, even if one or two are decent enough.

They need to just stop making movies if they’re not going to take them seriously.

BRING BACK ALLAN HEINBERG

I knew losing him was the first sign of something not good.

edited post.

Extraordinary Member

Thomas.

Andrew.

Tresser.

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I would like to see the following:

1.) Cheetah return and have a bigger role in the film.

2.) Appearances by Giganta, Dr. Psycho, and Dr. Poison II. They don't all have to be major villains in the film. Cameos would work.

3.) Donna Troy appearing as Wonder Girl.

4.) White stars added to the skirt and the tiara star made red.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Better writing, better choreography for fighting scenes along with better CGI.