Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

My biggest gripe with the film is by far the final confrontation with Cheetah though. Now I'm no Wonder Woman expert or whatever, but IIRC Cheetah is a speedster, right? The moment I saw the obstacle course sequence in the film I thought to myself Right, surely there will be some kind of chase sequence with Diana and Cheetah. But nope, there wasn't, and Cheetah felt more like Big Cat Lady than anything else. Was pretty disappointed by that personally.

Incredible Member

If Cheetah does return, I hope that the character is done justice.

I would have much preferred a smaller film focused on Diana / Barbara.

I don’t have a huge amount of confidence in the script for WW3 being able to expand upon and improve the version of the character introduced in WW84. But, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    If Cheetah does return, I hope that the character is done justice.

I would have much preferred a smaller film focused on Diana / Barbara.

I don’t have a huge amount of confidence in the script for WW3 being able to expand upon and improve the version of the character introduced in WW84. But, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
    The damage has been done to Cheetah, but then again, people took their wishes back, no? Then , then the Cheetah never happened...maybe that's her salvation. But then again, she did not take her wish back. Instead, she went on a quest to find the powers that gave her the powers of the Cheetah on the first place through the magic stone, and then she finds the Marijuana Plant God (or hopefully maybe Sehkmet, Basti's evil cat god sister when the head of a lion.). She's brutal and bloodthirsity. Fits right in, even though she has a lion's head.

Better than Marijuana god and lame wishtone wish. Babarbara should have wished, I wanted to be better than WW, end of story, lol.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    The damage has been done to Cheetah, but then again, people took their wishes back, no? Then , then the Cheetah never happened...maybe that's her salvation. But then again, she did not take her wish back. Instead, she went on a quest to find the powers that gave her the powers of the Cheetah on the first place through the magic stone, and then she finds the Marijuana Plant God (or hopefully maybe Sehkmet, Basti's evil cat god sister when the head of a lion.). She's brutal and bloodthirsity. Fits right in, even though she has a lion's head.

Better than Marijuana god and lame wishtone wish. Babarbara should have wished, I wanted to be better than WW, end of story, lol.
    Instead of Sehkment, I'd ideally have the God who empowers her/curses her be Mafdet. Who is often depicted with a cheetah head, so she is the ideal and obvious choice and I don't get why nobody has ever done anything with that.

I agree that Urzkartaga is kind of a lame and nonsensical invention though. For pragmatic purposes though, even if its not ideal, Circe will probably be the one to turn her back if tey are both in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    My biggest gripe with the film is by far the final confrontation with Cheetah though. Now I'm no Wonder Woman expert or whatever, but IIRC Cheetah is a speedster, right? The moment I saw the obstacle course sequence in the film I thought to myself Right, surely there will be some kind of chase sequence with Diana and Cheetah. But nope, there wasn't, and Cheetah felt more like Big Cat Lady than anything else. Was pretty disappointed by that personally.
    Technically there was a "chase" when she was climbing around the battlefield trying to grab onto Diana while she was flying.

She definitely seemed depicted as being Diana's equal in strength, especially when she was able to tear the armor apart.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Technically there was a "chase" when she was climbing around the battlefield trying to grab onto Diana while she was flying.

She definitely seemed depicted as being Diana's equal in strength, especially when she was able to tear the armor apart.

She wasn't. That's why Diana restrained her. And that's why she went down to electrocution while Diana wasn't affected by it. Cheetah was done dirty yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She wasn't. That's why Diana restrained her. And that's why she went down to electrocution while Diana wasn't affected by it. Cheetah was done dirty yet again.
    I think Diana tried to restrain her instead of going for a brawl because Barbara was her friend and because of how powerful Cheetah was.

The armor might have helped against being electrocuted.

Diana was most likely unaffected by electricity because of the daughter of Zeus thing. But then Barbara wished to be like Diana so shouldn't she have the same power? The script is just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Diana tried to restrain her instead of going for a brawl because Barbara was her friend and because of how powerful Cheetah was.

The armor might have helped against being electrocuted.
    She was holding back and still handled Cheetah without much trouble. The armor doesn't boost her power and it doesn't neutralize electricity. One thing that could have been worse than Cheetah going down to electricity, is to have somebody as powerful as WW is supposed to be, going down to electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Diana was most likely unaffected by electricity because of the daughter of Zeus thing. But then Barbara wished to be like Diana so shouldn't she have the same power? The script is just not good.
    Without the Zeus thing, the scene wouldn't have been very different. Diana still had to face lord, so they were not going to have her taken out by electricity. Which would have been tragic for a character like WW that is supposed to be a high tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think the wish made them parallel power-wise enough without making her a full demigoddess like Diana is.
    She was holding back and still handled Cheetah without much trouble. The armor doesn't boost her power and it doesn't neutralize electricity. One thing that could have been worse than Cheetah going down to electricity, is to have somebody as powerful as WW is supposed to be, going down to electricity.
    I wouldn't say without much trouble because otherwise the fight would've ended sooner. The armor was mostly defensive, which was necessary for how tough Cheetah was.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Instead of Sehkment, I'd ideally have the God who empowers her/curses her be Mafdet. Who is often depicted with a cheetah head, so she is the ideal and obvious choice and I don't get why nobody has ever done anything with that.

I agree that Urzkartaga is kind of a lame and nonsensical invention though. For pragmatic purposes though, even if its not ideal, Circe will probably be the one to turn her back if tey are both in this movie.
    Mafdet would be great! They could even potentially tie in Mafdet-empowered Cheetah with the Banas somehow.

has Titans seaaon 2 finale flashbacks

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Mafdet would be great! They could even potentially tie in Mafdet-empowered Cheetah with the Banas somehow.
    I am not opposed to it, except Mafdet is not really an evil goddess. Sekhmet was far more dangerous and brutal, although Maftdet is obviously more in tune with the Cheetah mythos. With Sehkmet, it can explain why Cheetah is so vicious and blood thirsty, and can also explain why even as a Cheetah villain, she is so powerful.

Nice art here....
    https://society6.com/product/sekhmet1105582_print

If Cheetah should ever return, can someone please make Patty Jenkins and whoever will be writing the script watch Jennifer's Body as well as episode six of Lovecraft Country ("Meet Me in Daegu")? I feel like both of these are both incredible feminist stories about a woman possessed by a demon against her will and appropriately captured the weight and tragedy I think the character deserves after doing some further reading.