Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "Why not Veronica Cale?" was one of my first thoughts when it was clear Max was going to be in the movie.
    Jenkins looks like she is going by whatever comics that Geoff Johns has given her plus some Golden Age comics. Somebody needs to give her the good stuff (Rucka, Perez, Simone) so she can give us the WW movie we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I believe in one of the interviews before Rebirth, Rucka said he viewed Cheetah as Diana's Two-Face. Which means he maybe wanted to elevate Veronica to the top spot, which lol good luck with that because I don't think it will ever take. Granted, I loved Rebirth Veronica and have no problem considering her one of the top villains now, just not #1.

Barbara was more of a victim of her own hubris than anything else. If Lex Luthor can go from Clark's childhood friend with a soft spot for his sister to the leader of the Legion of Doom, Barbara's personal faults being amplified by the Cheetah curse which drives her more and more insane wouldn't be an issue.

Really wish the sequel was in the modern day and focused on Diana, Barbara and Veronica with no Max whatsoever.

Maybe even no Steve.
    Yeah, I mean, Lex, Joker and Cheetah all look visually distinct when you put them together. Put Veronica instead of Lex and it just underscores her as a female Lex Luthor.

Barbara was arrogant but it was also clear that she didn't want to be cursed with flesh eating madness and both times she was manipulated into becoming the Cheetah. I like Veronica and she can definitely carry some story arcs but I don't see her becoming the top WW villain either.

I have only just finished reading Rucka's arc with WW meeting Ares at the end. Haven't caught up with what the writers have followed have done. Thus far, I think its best to keep Rucka's sympathetic Cheetah as far as the main universe is considered and maybe dust off Priscilla Rich as the more villainous, capital E evil version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Same, I think a third movie using the Godwatch plot as basis with Circe in Deimos/Phobos' place could work.
    I would watch that. Go all out and bring in some of the other classic WW villains as well.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, I mean, Lex, Joker and Cheetah all look visually distinct when you put them together. Put Veronica instead of Lex and it just underscores her as a female Lex Luthor.
    I'm actually not fond of post-Crisis evil businessman Lex, so I'm happy to go back to the pre-Crisis evil mad super scientist route for him. Which would allow Veronica to fill the evil corporate figure, though yes she still shouldn't be the arch and teaming up with Lex and Joker because she'd still blend in with Lex in a way Cheetah or Joker wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Barbara was arrogant but it was also clear that she didn't want to be cursed with flesh eating madness and both times she was manipulated into becoming the Cheetah. I like Veronica and she can definitely carry some story arcs but I don't see her becoming the top WW villain either.

I have only just finished reading Rucka's arc with WW meeting Ares at the end. Haven't caught up with what the writers have followed have done. Thus far, I think its best to keep Rucka's sympathetic Cheetah as far as the main universe is considered and maybe dust off Priscilla Rich as the more villainous, capital E evil version of her.
    I wouldn't say she was entirely manipulated the first time. Remember, she sought out Veronica for funding as part of her obsession to become like Diana and not take the divine stuff as dangerous. Cale and the twins just seized on this to create a demigod, and just kept Diana out of the way of the inevitable. She didn't want to be cursed, but I think that makes it more horrific. In mythology, the mortals cursed into monsters don't want to be changed at the whim of a god (just ask Medusa or Lamia), and she's meant to bring those types of stories to mind. The second time like I said earlier, she made a pointless sacrifice to surrender herself to Cale because she wanted the Cheetah power back without the drawbacks and was looking for an excuse, like an addict falling back into a bad habit. Then blaming someone else (Cale and Diana) completely while downplaying her own role. I think well developed sympathetic villains who escalate and become more monstrous are pretty rare in comics, so I'd rather keep her around as the main Cheetah.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The biggest problem is there was absolutely no reason for her to become cheetah-like beyond her liking Diana's shoes. She could have just as easily wished and became a shark or something, cheetah's aren't even on the Top 10 Apex Predators list.
    It made sense to me because it was actually Dolos that chose a cheetah specifically. from her saying she wanted to be on top, the one, like an apex predator. which they are & take down large prey & actually have a strong bite force for their jaw size. Btw Dianas shoes were actually leopard-print as were maxs leopard rugs & Steve's shirt.
    Last edited by Mysterious; 01-11-2021 at 05:09 AM.

The biggest problem is there was absolutely no reason for her to become cheetah-like beyond her liking Diana's shoes. She could have just as easily wished and became a shark or something, cheetah's aren't even on the Top 10 Apex Predators list.
    To be fair, she wished to be an apex predator among humans. It doesn't really matter which animal hybrid she becomes, it'd still put her above any ordinary human. So in that sense she got what she wanted. But of course that doesn't explain why a cheetah in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    It made sense to me because the stone cursed her to being a literal cheetah from her saying she wanted to be on top, the one, like an apex predator which they are & take down large prey & actually have a strong bite force for their jaw size. Dianas shoes were actually leopard-print as were maxs leopard rugs & Steve's shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    To be fair, she wished to be an apex predator among humans. It doesn't really matter which animal hybrid she becomes, it'd still put her above any ordinary human. So in that sense she got what she wanted. But of course that doesn't explain why a cheetah in particular.
    That's the thing, after her wish Barbara wears A LOT of animal print (snakeskin, leopard, fur) but none of it actually cheetah. Even after her final transformation she doesn't really resemble a cheetah, at least not like in the comics. She has a few spots but her coloring is wrong (not enough orange/tan but that could be the lighting) and why a cheetah specifically?

cheetah-2-ww84.jpg

That's the thing, after her wish Barbara wears A LOT of animal print (snakeskin, leopard, fur) but none of it actually cheetah. Even after her final transformation she doesn't really resemble a cheetah, at least not like in the comics. She has a few spots but her coloring is wrong (not enough orange/tan but that could be the lighting) and why a cheetah specifically?

cheetah-2-ww84.jpg
    Well, she has the "tears" at least. The colouring is probably due to the lighting, though maybe she's an albino cheetah?

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Cheetahs are a light tan colour, the movie got that spot on. It’s the comics that get it wrong, they give her pointy ears, leopard spots, no tear marks and a burnt-orange hue

What the movie got wrong is her powers, would’ve been nice to see Cheetah move in short bursts of speed which would have been a good way to avoid bad CGI too. The WWxCheetah fight scene was such a letdown to me, the stage was set for an epic fight and they gave us that...

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Cheetahs are a light tan colour, the movie got that spot on. It’s the comics that get it wrong, they give her pointy ears, leopard spots, no tear marks and a burnt-orange hue

What the movie got wrong is her powers, would’ve been nice to see Cheetah move in short bursts of speed which would have been a good way to avoid bad CGI too. The WWxCheetah fight scene was such a letdown to me, the stage was set for an epic fight and they gave us that...
    YMMV but she could look a lot more like a cheetah than she's does.

CHEETAR.jpg

Cheetah_BlogPost_3_32d251e0-faf3-48a4-8e9f-a6e685c983e5_1024x1024.jpg

She rarely looks or acts like a cheetah in and out of the comics. I guess most writers just don't know the difference between cheetahs and leopards/jaguars? And in the Bloodlines movie she even looked like a hyena.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

YMMV but she could look a lot more like a cheetah than she's does.

CHEETAR.jpg

Cheetah_BlogPost_3_32d251e0-faf3-48a4-8e9f-a6e685c983e5_1024x1024.jpg
    I’m pleased with how she looked, except for the makeup that was airbrushed on her face, they certainly could’ve done a better job with that. A subtle CGI fuzz for the close-ups would've been nice, maybe some black lipstick as well

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She rarely looks or acts like a cheetah in and out of the comics. I guess most writers just don't know the difference between cheetahs and leopards/jaguars? And in the Bloodlines movie she even looked like a hyena.
    I'm surprised this is never a bigger conversation in Wonder Woman forums. Cheetah is never drawn as a real one. Sometimes she has just a few brown diamonds on her like in batman unlimited & bloodlines with green eyes. JLU was nearly spotless. Priscilla had big orange spots *face palm* all versions miss the tear lines. a signature trait of cheetahs smdh. I thought this was common sense??!
    Last edited by Mysterious; 01-12-2021 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I'm surprised this is never a bigger conversation in Wonder Woman forums. Cheetah is never drawn as a real one. Sometimes she has just a few brown diamonds on her like in batman unlimited & bloodlines with green eyes. JLU was nearly spotless. Priscilla had big orange spots *face palm* all versions miss the tear lines. a signature trait of cheetahs smdh. I thought this was common sense??!
    The Rebirth design of Barbara has the tear lines and Alex Ross's Priscilla also had them. And also the JL:Trapped in Time movie if I remember correctly. I think the reason it rarely comes up is because most fans are just more concerned with how she's written than how she looks, especially given her spotty (pun unintended) track record.

Why? It's not like she's somehow immune to it. Electricity is very powerful, the fact it didn't kill her outright is a feat in and of itself.
    That's what I keep saying, electricity isn't a joke. The amp's in that power line possesses anywhere from 50,000 - 100,000 times the amp's required to kill a person (high voltage transmission lines have 500-1000 amps and 0.01 amps is lethal) . And not only did she not die, she didn't get burned and she was only stunned for a few seconds. Not to mention she was in water, maybe if she was touching ground it would have passed through her.

Also Ares own lighting killed him in the last Wonder Woman movie
    Juggernaut got K.O.'d the same way in Deadpool 2
    Superman is shown to be venerable to electricity in some comics

I've read comics where Wonder Woman was hurt by electricity too

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it was Patty, but this will be more forgivable if this was intended to be her origin movie instead of a one and done. Patty's been hinting that Barbara's story isn't over.

https://www.republicworld.com/entert...y-jenkins.html

I'd be a lot more pissed if her being Max's glorified bodyguard was intended to be the beginning and end of her story, but it doesn't seem the case. If the trilogy is planned to have her play a part in the third chapter and part 2 was just the setup, I will be more forgiving. Because I loved Wiig's performance for what she was given and she has the potential to do more. So I want Patty's broad story to play out, but maybe some other input on the action scenes.
    I can see her return being similar to how she returned in War of the Gods. In that story, Diana had already defeated Cheetah and she was in human form and locked in Arkham Asylum. She still had the Cheetah spirit within her but was unable to become Cheetah because she couldn't preform the ritual necessary to become Cheetah. Circe sneaks Barbara a potion that makes her permanently transform into Cheetah, but it comes at the cost of being a servant to Circe, which Cheetah was not pleased with at all. Cheetah ends up betraying Circe and helping Wonder Woman.

The situation that Barbra was in at the end of WW84 already lines up in certain aspects. She became Cheetah because of a boost in "rage and prowess" that Max gave to her from other people. I think her first wish did most of the heavy lifting for the transformation and the "rage and prowess" just got her over the finish line. She could still have the Cheetah powers but they are just dormant for now and she needs some help activating them again like in War of the Gods. In WW3, I could see her making a deal with Circe but Circe lies about certain aspects of the deal causing Cheetah to ultimately betray her. Or maybe she just needs to be angry enough to turn into Cheetah, I don't know, the movie doesn't explain it very well.

If Cheetah is going to be in WW3 and the rumors are true that Circe will be the main villain, I have no doubt she will play more of an anti-hero roll and help Diana out. Cheetah and Circe working together would make quick work of Diana honestly.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    That's what I keep saying, electricity isn't a joke. The amp's in that power line possesses anywhere from 50,000 - 100,000 times the amp's required to kill a person (high voltage transmission lines have 500-1000 amps and 0.01 amps is lethal) . And not only did she not die, she didn't get burned and she was only stunned for a few seconds. Not to mention she was in water, maybe if she was touching ground it would have passed through her.

Also Ares own lighting killed him in the last Wonder Woman movie
    Juggernaut got K.O.'d the same way in Deadpool 2
    Superman is shown to be venerable to electricity in some comics

I've read comics where Wonder Woman was hurt by electricity too
    I expect high tiers to be durable enough to easily tank electric attacks such as the ones from deadpool 2 abd WW84. I can only see them being affected by electric attack by other high tiers. That is the way i see it.