Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Do korean and chinese webtoons go here too? Solo Levelling trailer:

Anyone read this? I heard it doesn't have annoying shonen tropes but it looked like wish fulfillment when I tried to get into it.

Beastars, Full Metal Alchemist and Shaman King are the few shonens that handle romance/female characters well. Bleach is close too.
    Bleach had romance?
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-14-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Bleach had romance?
    Orihime vs Rukia's relationship with Ichigo. Rukia and Renji.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Orihime vs Rukia's relationship with Ichigo. Rukia and Renji.
    Are you sure? The way I see it is Orihime had one sided feeling with Ichigo and Renji only had one sided feeling with Rukia aside from that there is no romance scene or something like that. Beside, I don't think Bleach handle their female character well, I mean every female character is waste of space for most of the time.

Mighty Member

Are you sure? The way I see it is Orihime had one sided feeling with Ichigo and Renji only had one sided feeling with Rukia aside from that there is no romance scene or something like that. Beside, I don't think Bleach handle their female character well, I mean every female character is waste of space for most of the time.
    Um the final chapter of bleach had orihime and ichigo married along with rukia and renji.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Um the final chapter of bleach had orihime and ichigo married along with rukia and renji.
    But, there is no foreshadowing or even a hint that Ichigo showed a closer interaction with Orihime than Rukia. So to be honest Ichigo married feels like the last Kubo troll to his fans. The same also can be said with Rukia and Renji marriage. It feels like trolling from Kubo as **** you to all Ichigo and Rukia shipper there.

As much as I dislike Orihime she wasn't useless and did contribute to the plot. I don't ship her and Ichigo but the hints were there. Bleach's pairings had better development and weren't as toxic as some other shonens like Naruto.

But, there is no foreshadowing or even a hint that Ichigo showed a closer interaction with Orihime than Rukia. So to be honest Ichigo married feels like the last Kubo troll to his fans. The same also can be said with Rukia and Renji marriage. It feels like trolling from Kubo as **** you to all Ichigo and Rukia shipper there.
    It really felt like a big F.U. to Ichigo/Rukia shippers. The ship wars that ending incited... people were writing essays on tumblr over it.

BANNED

As much as I dislike Orihime she wasn't useless and did contribute to the plot. I don't ship her and Ichigo but the hints were there. Bleach's pairings had better development and weren't as toxic as some other shonens like Naruto.
    As much as I want to agree with you, but the addition of Naruto: The Last really help the romance sub plot of Hinata and Naruto, so I can't see how that is worse than Bleach trolling marriage. For Orihime, I want to support her as something aside of walking ambulance, but the problem is aside from small fight, her most significant contribution to Bleach is kidnapped by Ulqiorra and Aizen... So her contribution is there, but it sucks.

BANNED

It really felt like a big F.U. to Ichigo/Rukia shippers. The ship wars that ending incited... people were writing essays on tumblr over it.
    Lol I remember that time. I think Kubo himself get so much hate on his twitter and fan mail from that.

As much as I want to agree with you, but the addition of Naruto: The Last really help the romance sub plot of Hinata and Naruto, so I can't see how that is worse than Bleach trolling marriage. For Orihime, I want to support her as something aside of walking ambulance, but the problem is aside from small fight, her most significant contribution to Bleach is kidnapped by Ulqiorra and Aizen... So her contribution is there, but it sucks.
    The reason The Last movie was made was to make up for all the time Naruto spent chasing Sasuke and the lack of interactions between Naruto & Hinata.

Hinata never won one fight and was more of a burden than help during the Pain arc. Her goals centered around Naruto so much, despite all the potential plot lines she had. She was Naruto's acquaintance at best and his stalker with a crush at worst.

At least Orihime was already established as a close friend with Ichigo. She fought Yhwach, defeated a hallow and saved Ichigo's life.

This is one way Bleach did romance better and that's ignoring Sakura/Sasuke

BANNED

The reason The Last movie was made was to make up for all the time Naruto spent chasing Sasuke and the lack of interactions between Naruto & Hinata.

Hinata never won one fight and was more of a burden than help during the Pain arc. Her goals centered around Naruto so much, despite all the potential plot lines she had. She was Naruto's acquaintance at best and his stalker with a crush at worst.

At least Orihime was already established as a close friend with Ichigo. She fought Yhwach, defeated a hallow and saved Ichigo's life.

This is one way Bleach did romance better and that's ignoring Sakura/Sasuke
    Well, it's true, but nonetheless the movie is canon and considered as pay off for Naruto when his teenage year making him mistake his sexuality.

I think the way you explain Orihime role is more into how contribute she is into story and sure she contribute more into story than Hinata but her romance development is defeated by Hinata with the addition of The Last. I mean c'mon there is no romance subplot for Ichigo there to the point that Ulqiorra had more chemistry with Orihime than Ichigo for godsake. The closest is only that Orihime is a classmate that happens to like Ichigo while Hinata thanks to the Last is really admired Naruto from when they are small. That's a bit better for romance development than suddenly marriage without any foreshadowing or scenes whatsoever.

But, to be fair both of them suck as much as shonen romance though. The best romance to me as far as shonen is still Harima Kenji x Eri Sawachika.

BANNED

It has been 17 years Getter, I know you will return and finally you are return. Such is the will of Getter Ray...

BANNED

http://https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100125

Shimabukuro is back and he bring enjoyment with him too!!! Lol, the guy just work into real estate last 3 yeas and now he worked house building manga. Truly dedication

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So Kishimoto is taking over Boruto manga. Apparently it is all "according to plan" from the beginning, but coming off the failure of Samurai 8, this is kinda suspect

Extraordinary Member

Bleach had romance?
    While romance wasn't a major factor in most storylines of the series, since that's rarely the case for a shounen action adventure series, the developments and interactions between Ichigo and Orihime heavily indicated that they would become a romantic item down the line.

I'd say the same for Renji and Rukia, but they were basically an old married couple straight after the Soul Society arc.
    There're a plenty of hints that Ichigo's feelings towards Orihime are something all together different, and stronger, than his relationship with Rukia. His raw emotional reactions whenever something bad happens to Orihime or bad guys threaten her are a strong indicator of that, and there are so many examples of it.

Though, the anime did mess it up quite a bit in how the relationship was portrayed by removing certain scenes and shifting the focus on other scenes from Ichigo and Orihime's relationship to Ichigo thinking about Rukia.
    It wasn't though.

The ending relationship were always and heavily hinted throughout the series. People just didn't pay attention and when they did they dismissed all hints.
    Well, it's true, but nonetheless the movie is canon and considered as pay off for Naruto when his teenage year making him mistake his sexuality.

I think the way you explain Orihime role is more into how contribute she is into story and sure she contribute more into story than Hinata but her romance development is defeated by Hinata with the addition of The Last. I mean c'mon there is no romance subplot for Ichigo there to the point that Ulqiorra had more chemistry with Orihime than Ichigo for godsake. The closest is only that Orihime is a classmate that happens to like Ichigo while Hinata thanks to the Last is really admired Naruto from when they are small. That's a bit better for romance development than suddenly marriage without any foreshadowing or scenes whatsoever.

But, to be fair both of them suck as much as shonen romance though. The best romance to me as far as shonen is still Harima Kenji x Eri Sawachika.
    While I love The Last for all its cheesy romantic goodness, it does in no way shape or form make it better than what we got with Ichigo and Orihime.

I do think that NaruHina works since pretty much all their interactions indicate that they genuinely appreciate each other and are often a positive influence on one another. The main problem is that Hinata has so little screentime overall in the series so you just get flashes of development between the two. And then The Last shoehorns in a whole bunch of development through a dream sequence. It's fun and it gets the job done kinda, but the pacing of their relationship is wonky at best.

Compare that to Ichigo and Orihime. Their interactions show the same kind of positive influence and healthy developments as NaruHina, but there's more of it and it's spread out throughout the entire series from as early as the second chapter. They get huge massive moments together and quiet more personal moments as well. It becomes abundantly clear with just the Five lifetimes speech that Orihime's feelings are much much deeper than just "a classmates that happens to like Ichigo", and while it is not as explicit as Orihime's feelings there are plenty of hints that Ichigo is just as smitten with her. They grow closer and more comfortable with each other with each arc until she becomes one of his best partners for taking on the man that killed his mother and threatens the entire world with his corrupt divinity. It may not be for everyone but I personally love how Kubo wrote Ichigo and Orihime's relationship.

And it's not really fair to compare Bleach and Naruto to School Rumble in terms of romance. They're mainly focus on action, adventure and perilous drama, while School Rumble is explicitly a romantic comedy, so it's only naturally going to have a more intricate take on it.