Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I actually hope their connection which started with Disassembled continues past this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Don't worry she is getting some attention in X-Tracts:
    This is cute, but it's going to end with the reveal that Apocalypse has been manipulating her just when Colossus shows up and they get their memories back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This is cute, but it's going to end with the reveal that Apocalypse has been manipulating her just when Colossus shows up and they get their memories back.
    I kinda want her to come back "evil".

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    I kinda want her to come back "evil".
    I do too, I want her to be evil when she gets back. I know it won't last, I just think it would be an interesting turn to have Kitty and Dazzler keep working for Apocalypse when they come back.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #180 Apr 1984
    "Whose Life Is It, Anyway?"
    After months of practice, Charles Xavier has managed to beat the psychosomatic
    feedback his mental powers had created preventing him from walking in his new body.
    He decides to enjoy this newly acquired ability by playing basket ball.
    However, his game is ended when he's struck by yet another powerful
    mental scan and wonders what the alien force causing it could be.
    He is then visited by Storm who has come with her concerns over her lack of control
    over her powers, and her new more savage attitude and it's effects on Kitty.
    She wonders if she is going insane. Probing her mind, the Professor reveals that there is nothing wrong with her mentally.
    He points out that he doesn't know what's causing her change in personality and ethically
    cannot bring himself to alter her mind with his powers as it could do more harm than good.

Elsewhere in Salem Center, Kitty Pryde is out at the arcade with her friend Doug Ramsey playing in an arcade.
    after ranking the top score the game fries and the two are kicked out by the owner,
    telling them they are not welcome back as they hog the machine for hours and hardly spend any quarters.
    Going for lunch, Kitty confides in Doug about her feelings about Storm.
    She explains that with all her changes, the woman she cared for like a sister
    has become someone who frightens her and she doesn't know what to do.
    Doug pledges to be her friend as well, and then tells her that he has an
    appointment at the Massachusetts Academy and asks Kitty about her time there.
    Kitty explains that she hated it there, however secretly recalls that it was run by the White Queen of the Hellfire Club.
    She wonders if her friend Doug is a target of the X-Men's enemy and wonders what she can do about it.

Back at Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Colossus spends time recovering from his injuries by chopping trees on the property.
    He is trying to come to terms with his feelings over Kitty. When Wolverine comes and forces him to talk about them,
    Colossus worries about their future given how she almost gave herself to the Morlocks and her new friendship with Doug Ramsey.
    He admits that he is insecure that Doug is everything Kitty could want and fears that he might lose her.
    Logan tells him that if he thinks that, then he's lost her already.

Storm has traveled to the Bronx Botanical Garden to spend some time enjoying the plants in the greenhouse.
    She comes upon a group of muggers attempting to rob an old couple and confronts them.
    When they attempt to stab Storm with knives, she unleashes her powers on them, sending them fleeing.
    When she goes to help the elderly couple, they are frightened by her mutant nature.
    She is then called back to the X-Mansion where she and the other X-Men
    are briefed about Doug Ramsey's invitation to the Massachusetts Academy.
    With the Hellfire Club currently in disarray and the White Queen seemingly in
    a coma, Charles agrees to let Kitty accompany Doug to find out if he is at risk.
    During the conversation, Xavier reveals that Doug is really a mutant that has language translation powers which surprises everyone.

After the meeting, Kitty is walking through the halls of the mansion when she is swept up a wind into the sky by Storm.
    Up in the air the two come to terms with their feelings about Storm's recent changes in personality and style.

Ororo explains to Kitty that she is going through changes that frighten her and that she needs to go through them to find out who she really is.

After some conversation about the changes, Kitty and Storm promise to be there for each other no matter what.

A week later, Kitty and Doug are boarding a plane to Massachusetts, and Kitty's mind has already gone to another worry:
    the aloof behavior of Peter making her wonder if there is anything wrong with him. As she boards the plane with Doug,
    her worries change when they are greeted on the plane by the White Queen. When Kitty tries to alert the Professor telepathically,
    she cannot reach him as at that very moment, the Professor, Colossus, Wolverine and Storm are drawn to Central Park.
    There a giant construct has appeared in the location and as they all approach it they are teleported away to a far off place....

The fate of the X-Men continues in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1....

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr., Bob Wiacek and Dan Green.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 04-21-2019 at 11:58 AM.

I do too, I want her to be evil when she gets back. I know it won't last, I just think it would be an interesting turn to have Kitty and Dazzler keep working for Apocalypse when they come back.
    Oh God no. I couldn't stand reading her evil monologue she'd most likely would have twice per book.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Oh God no. I couldn't stand reading her evil monologue she'd most likely would have twice per book.
    haha, death by monologue!

I actually like Kitty as a character, although I liked her better when she was Shadowcat. But it's funny, I really want her to come back to the 616 as Death, the Horseman of Apocalypse. Either that or I want her to go all out in a spy type series for a bit and get away from the X-Men. I think there is a lot that can be done with Kitty if she was an Agent of Shield, you could partner her up with Quake they might actually be a good partnership. Or if they don't want her to be Death, have her go full assassin, and she could change her name to Deathshadow.

I feel Kitty is due for a period where she can maybe be a bit darker of a character for a bit.

BANNED

No, they need to make her a fun nerd again who gets a plot arc that works for her character, rather than the needs of the writer's romantic obsession with her.

"Make them dark" is just a lazy Zack Snyder solution.

BANNED

Happy anniversary to Kitty's only good post-Bendis moment!

Your picture link didn't work. But Kitty had a lot of great moments prior to Gold. I didn't hate her as much as others did in Gold, I feel that the writing was just inconsistent in that series.

I remember reading the moment that Magneto brought the bullet back and rescued Kitty, that was a big one of me, having Kitty finally come home again after being lost for so long. I remember right after that Emma took Kitty with her when she was trying to get rid of Shaw, so Kitty could be her conscience and keep Emma from doing something that couldn't be forgiven. In the end Emma wiped Shaw's mind instead of killing him because Kitty's presence reminded her how much she didn't want to be "her old self".

Then you had Kitty taking charge of the O5 and standing up to everyone to say that she would be responsible for them, that was a really good moment for me as a Kitty fan.

BANNED

Your picture link didn't work. But Kitty had a lot of great moments prior to Gold. I didn't hate her as much as others did in Gold, I feel that the writing was just inconsistent in that series.

I remember reading the moment that Magneto brought the bullet back and rescued Kitty, that was a big one of me, having Kitty finally come home again after being lost for so long. I remember right after that Emma took Kitty with her when she was trying to get rid of Shaw, so Kitty could be her conscience and keep Emma from doing something that couldn't be forgiven. In the end Emma wiped Shaw's mind instead of killing him because Kitty's presence reminded her how much she didn't want to be "her old self".

Then you had Kitty taking charge of the O5 and standing up to everyone to say that she would be responsible for them, that was a really good moment for me as a Kitty fan.
    All the O5 have memories of Kitty being one of their earliest teachers now but none of that will ever be referenced. Nor will Kitty’s frienemy relationship with Emma. After all, the only character she is allowed to interact extensively with is Colossus.

All the O5 have memories of Kitty being one of their earliest teachers now but none of that will ever be referenced. Nor will Kitty’s frienemy relationship with Emma. After all, the only character she is allowed to interact extensively with is Colossus.
    Kitty needs to run off with Illyana and Rachel and explore her real feelings (for Illyana and Rachel). But yeah I agree with you that the best thing for Kitty is to get her far away from Colossus.

Hopefully she gets something to do this fall.

BANNED

Kitty needs to run off with Illyana and Rachel and explore her real feelings (for Illyana and Rachel). But yeah I agree with you that the best thing for Kitty is to get her far away from Colossus.

Hopefully she gets something to do this fall.
    Things aren't looking too good. X-Tracts seemed like the perfect book to make Kitty fun again and forget about the bad times but instead the book was dour and they doubled down on what people were tired of. So despite it ending 9 months ago (remember Gold in total only lasted 18 months), Gold is still fresh in people's minds.

Things aren't looking too good. X-Tracts seemed like the perfect book to make Kitty fun again and forget about the bad times but instead the book was dour and they doubled down on what people were tired of. So despite it ending 9 months ago (remember Gold in total only lasted 18 months), Gold is still fresh in people's minds.
    Well there is going to be a bit of a book reset for the fall. So there will be new team books and dynamics. But I see what you mean that most of the writers just don't see Kitty and Colossus apart from each other, even though they are actually truly awful as a couple. I always feel bad for poor Illyana I think she just keeps pining away for Kitty and hoping that Kitty will finally notice that Illyana is her true love. (hehe, I love the pure drama of it and the reaction on Colossus' face when he sees his ex dating his sister!)