Page 372 of 744 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Thank you! And heck if people really want someone as powerful as Namor for the sequel, Coogler can just revamp Baron Macbre and turn him into a full on necromancer. That would make him a good foil for T’Challa if he gets his Kotd powers later on down the line.
    What I don't get is what's the difference between using Mephisto and Doom or Namor? Mephisto isn't a BP rogue either.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    What I don't get is what's the difference between using Mephisto and Doom or Namor? Mephisto isn't a BP rogue either.
    While Mephisto isn’t a BP villain, he does have ties to an actual member of BP’s rogues gallery, that being Achebe. That makes Mephisto and Achebe interesting foils to T’Challa and Bast. Plus the thing with Namor and Doom, they are either big enough characters to support their own film or are to heavily tied to another franchise (F4 in Dooms case). That and as somebody stated earlier, if Doom and Namor are to show up in BP films they have to either die or get there asses beat SOUNDLY by T’Challa and limp home with a vibranium foot up the ass since I know they won’t be killed. And none of this noble negro bullshit that happened in the comics. But I know for a fact Namor and Doom fans wouldn’t want the cinematic debut of their favorite characters to be of them getting humbled in front of millions worldwide, so why bother?

Furthermore, Marvel Studios has made a name for themselves by turning obscure characters into household names so they should keep the trend going by doing so with BP’s rogues gallery. Let’s see what kind of havoc characters like Solomon Prey, Madam Slay, and Moses Magnum can wreak. If the first film could do just fine without relying on the larger Marvel universe I don’t see why that should chance for the sequel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I really miss the energy daggers, writers need to use them more and I hope Ryan adds them to the sequel suit. Also has T'Challa gotten any fights this good in Coates' run?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Also has T'Challa gotten any fights this good in Coates' run?
    There was that brief fight near the end of issue #1 of season 3. But other than that no.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I really miss the energy daggers, writers need to use them more and I hope Ryan adds them to the sequel suit. Also has T'Challa gotten any fights this good in Coates' run?
    IMHO the best issue Coates has done is issue 171 in his first run ( I eventually purchased this issue because it was on sale at my LCBS lol). The fighting is good and energy daggers are used along with claws and force push.

Yes I am a personal trainer to super heroes and other high powered extra terrestrial beings!

I trained Superman to give it his all to eventually defeat Doomsday... The Predator to hunt Aliens just for sport and fun... Godzilla to reach alpha male status and make Rodan his Beyotch... Luke Skywalker to handle his daddy issues... But no matter how hard I tried I could not get the Hulk to rematch Thanos he just did not want that smoke or those hands again!

As far as Flex junior (aka Discount T'chadwick Boseman) goes he is in training to get his Bruce Wayne on in case I get King T'chaka'ed by some vengeful foe seeking after my random free weights and other pseudo expensive trinkets I got at the comic swap meet!

The impending launch of our fitness app will feature Black Panther paraphernalia although we cannot technically say the name Black Panther due to our lawyers not having the same type of game that Disney/Marvel lawyers have!

And YES... His mom will coach him to say something in the South African language of Xhosa with proper and exact authenticity for the folks back home as a "perfectly legal" tease by default and whatnot!

Ahem...

Flex Junior: "Workout Forever!"

Cough cough and stuff...

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "I see what you did there... Yaw'll aint slick I got my eye on you people!"

I will most likely create a separate thread in the Creator Showcase area of the CBR forum for my own character soon so brace yourself!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

Pointing out he doesn't need telepathic blockers vs Arachnid troops? lol

I agree about the energy daggers. I would like to see T'Challa wielding vibranium energy weapons similar to how he did in Avengers: EMH.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Pointing out he doesn't need telepathic blockers vs Arachnid troops? lol
    Considering Shadow King ended up conquering Wakanda telepathically, I think the telepathic blockers for himself and his guys was actually a nice tech feat.

Priest gear was near perfect. It's a shame so much of it vanished from regular use after Priests run. It was incredibly versatile without being over powered or too plot device-ish. Nice at least some of it appears every now and then.

On another note: Should T'Challa get a new costume in the next film? He already has 2 BP habits, and changing/upgrading would follow the likes of other MCU movie heroes like Iron Man and Spider-man who have used multiple costumes in their various film appearances. What changes/additions would you all like to see happen? A ceremonial cape perhaps? Some fur? Both?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    On another note: Should T'Challa get a new costume in the next film? He already has 2 BP habits, and changing/upgrading would follow the likes of other MCU movie heroes like Iron Man and Spider-man who have used multiple costumes in their various film appearances. What changes/additions would you all like to see happen? A ceremonial cape perhaps? Some fur? Both?
    Its standard procedure for heroes to get new suits for movies, gotta sell them toys.

I'd like to see any of these three adapted.

Also wanna see the suit start doing stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Considering Shadow King ended up conquering Wakanda telepathically, I think the telepathic blockers for himself and his guys was actually a nice tech feat.
    His guys yes, but he doesn't need it. But considering they don't activate automatically when the mind is probed, they're kinda useless for a surprise attack.