Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    I'm sure Zdarsky, who writes an AWESOME Daredevil, could have come up with a much better, uncontrived plot point to get Reed and Sue to listen to what Xavier had to say...instead of going the trite and cliche "hero vs hero" schtick that quite frankly paints a very bad picture of Xavier and Crew if the intent was to manipulate Franklin and the Richards into doing what he wanted in the first place.
    As comic book-y fun as that is...it just does not make sense, even by comic book-y standards.
    I just don't think Xavier wanted them to "understand." He wanted them to be mad and unreasonable.

Even if he did trust humans, Xavier wouldn't want Reed to come along. Reed would want to be a part of the experiments, he would want to maybe even share parts of his research and he would expect them to share with him.xavier doesn't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Then why not just ask the Fantastic Four for their help rather than engaging in manipulation and clandestine subterfuge?
    Cause in the other 9 lifetimes the Fantastic 4 let them die most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    The intention was to rile the F4 up and it worked.
    Rile up the Fantastic Four so they tight hold on to their teen son tighter. That doesn't make sense X-men didn't go there to screw with the fantastic four. The X-men have 90% of the world best telepaths if they are being shady they don't need go in a person house to visit them. They can implant suggestions in their heads all day and Richards think its their idea to send Franklin to Krakoa.

Inspite of bring Magneto this was a mission to talk and if mama bear could stay calm they would have talked and left with any issue. If X-men are being shady they are easier and better plans than piss off of people who you need to say yes.

What they were counting on Valeria helping Franklin? Because if that doesn't happen Franklin never comes anywhere near Krakoa. Xavier and Xmen came to genuinely appeal to the Richards this time.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-07-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Questionable behavior or not, Charles and Erik are excellent at guiding young mutants to "use and control their powers"™. Something in Franklin needs to be triggered to get his powers back to normal. He's unconsciously blocking them. Like Harry Potter struggling to conjure up the "Expecto Patronum" spell out of fear. It wasn't until he was in a dire situation that he was able to do it. Something has to inspire him to regain who he is. Which means....

Val, you in danger girl.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Rile up the Fantastic Four so they tight hold on to their teen son tighter. That doesn't make sense X-men didn't go there to screw with the fantastic four. The X-men have 90% of the world best telepaths if they are being shady they don't need go in a person house to visit them. They can implant suggestions in their heads all day and Richards think its their idea to send Franklin to Krakoa.

Inspite of bring Magneto this was a mission to talk and if mama bear could stay calm they would have talked and left with any issue. If X-men are being shady they are easier and better plans than piss off of people who you need to say yes.

What they were counting on Valeria helping Franklin? Because if that doesn't happen Franklin never comes anywhere near Krakoa. Xavier and Xmen came to genuinely appeal to the Richards this time.
    You can kinda tell by what Charles says and the look on his face at the end that this was going according to plan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

At this point I just feel like none of this really matters. We all know the endgame. This story clearly takes place early Krakoa, Johnny's "soulmate" is not to be found so it also takes place before the current F4 storyline and before Incoming. Franklin is still living with his parents and his powers are still in the same state. At this point the only thing to see is whether or not Fucking Sinister gets his DNA and Apocalypse gives him some lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    I'm sure Zdarsky, who writes an AWESOME Daredevil, could have come up with a much better, uncontrived plot point to get Reed and Sue to listen to what Xavier had to say...instead of going the trite and cliche "hero vs hero" schtick that quite frankly paints a very bad picture of Xavier and Crew if the intent was to manipulate Franklin and the Richards into doing what he wanted in the first place.
    As comic book-y fun as that is...it just does not make sense, even by comic book-y standards.
    Honestly, I think Chip is a better writer than this. I think some of this crossover is editorially/Hickman mandated and certain things have to happen, and they stuck Chip with having to crowbar certain things into some kind of order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The thing is we don't know what Moira knows yet. I'm starting to think perhaps it has to happen this way. Maybe Franklin decides at the end of this that he wants to live on Krakoa and he gets the full support and blessing from his parents through whatever series of events happen (Franklin and Val hiding out on Kate's ship). I thought Reed and Sue's last panels here were powerful and kind of foreshadowed something. I could be completely wrong but as you said, Chip is a great writer and with Hickman steering the X-ship, I think there's a lot more going on than what's shown on the surface.

EDIT: I'm completely shooting in the dark here but I'm starting to think the problem with Franklin's powers is coming from within. Perhaps he has to have this "coming of age" journey, like being brave enough to hide out on the Marauder, to ground his identity and poof, his powers are back to normal without needing the help of Krakoa. Or some such fantasy BS.
    My thought is that he just needs a vacation. He pushed his powers really hard in trying to fix the multiverse, and maybe if he just took a break for a while and didn't use them they would return.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    At this point I just feel like none of this really matters. We all know the endgame. This story clearly takes place early Krakoa, Johnny's "soulmate" is not to be found so it also takes place before the current F4 storyline and before Incoming. Franklin is still living with his parents and his powers are still in the same state. At this point the only thing to see is whether or not Fucking Sinister gets his DNA and Apocalypse gives him some lecture.
    The timeline for this series makes no sense, so I'm thinking you are right. It has to take place before Kate 'dies' and before Xavier is assassinated, because Pyro doesn't have his face tattoo. Which means it takes place before scenes that have Franklin with his family, based on Incoming. And yes, this series is most likely going to end with Franklin staying with his family, but have Sinister cackling about getting his DNA, which may be Xavier's plan anyway.

Apocalypse being on that island is reason enough for the Richards family to keep Franklin away. He could easily turn him into a Horseman or feed into some kind of god complex. He's a toxic influence on everyone around him. Look at what he's doing to Rictor in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Apocalypse? Isn’t he busy dissecting Morgan Lefey?

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I'm rooting against the X-Men. Maybe Doom can kill a couple of them.
    Seeing as he was behind Decimation, they should kill him on principle. He’s post-human. So there’s no law against it. Val’s a threat too. Before this mini is over, she will get a Mary Sue moment. I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You can kinda tell by what Charles says and the look on his face at the end that this was going according to plan.
    At end it wasn't him happy that it was going according to his plan. The end was Xavier happy that Reed screwed up and push Franklin to them and they don't have to anything. Basically the solution fell into his lap not he mastermind this situation.

At end it wasn't him happy that it was going according to his plan. The end was Xavier happy that Reed screwed up and push Franklin to them and they don't have to anything. Basically the solution fell into his lap not he mastermind this situation.
    Yeah, no. Charles very clearly set that whole thing up. Antagonize the Fantastic 4 and exploit teenage boy's natural desire to rebel against his parents so he runs right to Krakoa. Charles is not trustworthy. This type of scheming is part of his character for decades at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Seeing as he was behind Decimation, they should kill him on principle. He’s post-human. So there’s no law against it. Val’s a threat too. Before this mini is over, she will get a Mary Sue moment. I guarantee it.
    I wouldn't know if your referring to Excalibur I ended up droping it when the baby turned into a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, no. Charles very clearly set that whole thing up. Antagonize the Fantastic 4 and exploit teenage boy's natural desire to rebel against his parents so he runs right to Krakoa. Charles is not trustworthy. This type of scheming is part of his character for decades at this point.
    Seems like it was his plan IMO. He knows Sue is a mama bear and Magneto extremism would make her go on attack mode.
    FF are being played by Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    That doesn't make sense, All pissing of the Parents would do is make them hold on their kid tighter. Which is what exactly happen.. There is no plan to take Franklin that didn't require getting the okay of the parents on some level. Charles is not trustworthy but this was not some eballorate plan to trick Franklin into hating his parents and leaving. You guys are reverse engineer the end results to fit a narrative. For the plan to work it would require Xavier knowing that Franklin has the ability to get away from his parents which he doesn't Reed has son and daughter low jacked(which is hilarious).

That doesn't make sense, All pissing of the Parents would do is make them hold on their kid tighter. Which is what exactly happen.. There is no plan to take Franklin that didn't require getting the okay of the parents on some level. Charles is not trustworthy but this was not some eballorate plan to trick Franklin into hating his parents and leaving. You guys are reverse engineer the end results to fit a narrative. For the plan to work it would require Xavier knowing that Franklin has the ability to get away from his parents which he doesn't Reed has son and daughter low jacked(which is hilarious).
    Well kids running away on situations like this is common.
    Freanklin is curious and have a even more curious sister. he want his powers back, if his father can't to that maybe the mutants can.
    Sue and Reed and up alienating Franlin the way they acted
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-07-2020 at 06:44 PM.