Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I would love to see more stories where Black Bolt solves problems with something other than his voice. He's a King for fucks sake, he's supposed to have leadership skills. The voice should be a last resort type weapon, like a nuke, but writers have been using it as an instant win button.
    A lot of writers just don't know how to writer Black Bolt, they ignore that he has a character beyond his powers. They see his voice as his signature attack. Black Bolt being unwilling to use his voice even if he was is losing a fight was a big character trait for years. It wouldn't be so bad if actually did it to worthwhile threats but it's just his default attack. Somehow he went from being reluctant to whisper at the Hulk to Outside of his solo it was extremely rare to see him do things besides yelling and flying brick stuff.

The Inhumans are still a thing, I thought marvel killed them off by now?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    A lot of writers just don't know how to writer Black Bolt, they ignore that he has a character beyond his powers. They see his voice as his signature attack. Black Bolt being unwilling to use his voice even if he was is losing a fight was a big character trait for years. It wouldn't be so bad if actually did it to worthwhile threats but it's just his default attack. Somehow he went from being reluctant to whisper at the Hulk to Outside of his solo it was extremely rare to see him do things besides yelling and flying brick stuff.
    They all have powers that can be OP and Black Bolt has a variety of powers. I don't get how they expect readers to be stupid and not know how they can be used. I also hate how writers use their reputation, like Karnak with T'Challa or Black Bolt with Thanos, to prove a point of how strong the other characters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They all have powers that can be OP and Black Bolt has a variety of powers. I don't get how they expect readers to be stupid and not know how they can be used. I also hate how writers use their reputation, like Karnak with T'Challa or Black Bolt with Thanos, to prove a point of how strong the other characters are.
    Karnak and T'challa? When did that happen?

Karnak and T'challa? When did that happen?
    T'challa knocks Karnak out in one hit in iirc Hudlin's Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    T'challa knocks Karnak out in one hit in iirc Hudlin's Black Panther.
    He beat him also in another comic, forget which one but it is quite old. Both times Black Panther is wearing his suit so not sure if skill alone is stronger. I wouldn't be surprise if T'Challa was stronger though, just from a meta point though a out in one hit is stupid, Hudlin's Black Panter has just as many kewl moments as it had cool. Still Karnak isn't a pushover he beat Taskmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    The Inhumans are still a thing, I thought marvel killed them off by now?
    Why would anyone think that? They've been around over 50 years.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    He beat him also in another comic, forget which one but it is quite old. Both times Black Panther is wearing his suit so not sure if skill alone is stronger. I wouldn't be surprise if T'Challa was stronger though, just from a meta point though a out in one hit is stupid, Hudlin's Black Panter has just as many kewl moments as it had cool. Still Karnak isn't a pushover he beat Taskmaster.
    The first time was in fantastic four annual 5. I never really saw any problem with that one. Karnak wasn't knocked out and T'challa acknowledged that his strength was beyond human. They were both still ready for more before BB broke things up. It still leaves them both looking impressive without making the other look like a chump. This was 69 back when both were quite new so having them look pathetic would likely hurt their image. Plus Karnak's abilities were not as crazy back then.

Last edited by mung; 11-20-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Soooo umm I just found out about this "Clan Destine" stuff and I'm not sure how I feel right now. Heartbroken? Betrayed? In denial? I spent years waiting for this show, I was gonna grab all the merch I could, and now it's like they've utterly deflated my hype balloon.
    There's always comics then.

Astonishing Member

Soooo umm I just found out about this "Clan Destine" stuff and I'm not sure how I feel right now. Heartbroken? Betrayed? In denial? I spent years waiting for this show, I was gonna grab all the merch I could, and now it's like they've utterly deflated my hype balloon.
    I do not like this change 100%. I bet everyone who does end up liking this change, didn't like that they changed Pietro and Wanda's origin in AoU.

If the "Clan Destine" rumours are accurated, I doubt Alan Davis would be very happy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Right so Inhumans have had interactions with Clan Destine in the form of Tral https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tral

It sucks, but I'm not surprised they're avoiding the Inhumans in the MCU. The TV show ruined their chances.
    I really hope they reboot them someday thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Right so Inhumans have had interactions with Clan Destine in the form of Tral https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tral
    Inhumans from an alternate earth. 616 inhumans is unclear.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

What did I miss?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?