Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    When did that happen?
    I donīt know... I heard something that the Joker kidnapped lois and make her fight against superman..

She was inside one robot..

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Doomsday Clock #5 alternative cover

Ok, I know the Joker is overused and this runs the risk of Batman-related things creeping in too much when they're already all over the DCU but...I love this cover.

I mean, Joker using Veidt's "Nostalgia" brand lipstick to apply his red grin is pretty fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ok, I know the Joker is overused and this runs the risk of Batman-related things creeping in too much when they're already all over the DCU but...I love this cover.

I mean, Joker using Veidt's "Nostalgia" brand lipstick to apply his red grin is pretty fantastic.
    Agreed. I hate it when Bat characters show up everywhere, and we're already neck deep in Metal so more Bat-stuff in a main event doesn't pique my interest (especially since this was supposed to focus on Clark, first time an event did that in ages) but that's a great cover!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed. I hate it when Bat characters show up everywhere, and we're already neck deep in Metal so more Bat-stuff in a main event doesn't pique my interest (especially since this was supposed to focus on Clark, first time an event did that in ages) but that's a great cover!!
    I'm still hoping this is mostly Clark related like they promised. I mean, I don't think you can have Superman reconstruct the genre by challenging Watchmen and NOT include the World's Finest friendship, and Lex/Joker along for the ride.

They should spread the love around though. After the Button maybe Thawne will show up, and lets get Circe or Cheetah in it to give WW some representation. I'd love all the major players, as long as the Superman stuff gets the most prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm still hoping this is mostly Clark related like they promised. I mean, I don't think you can have Superman reconstruct the genre by challenging Watchmen and NOT include the World's Finest friendship, and Lex/Joker along for the ride.

They should spread the love around though. After the Button maybe Thawne will show up, and lets get Circe or Cheetah in it to give WW some representation. I'd love all the major players, as long as the Superman stuff gets the most prominence.
    Justice for Superman in Doomsday clock!

I'm finding this whole mess rather meh . . .
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I lost virtually all my enthusiasm for the story after NYCC and so far nothing has piqued it back up. I stand by my criticism that for something that was, at SDCC, called a Superman story, the advertisement since has been ANYTHING but.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I've loved the preview pages and art has been glorious, but yeah, I'm going to need more Superman stuff ASAP. It being Superman focused was my favourite thing I'd heard about it.

Honestly? With Johns writing, the less Superman in the story the better.

Johns does good work most of the time, Im a fan. But I dont think he actually gets Superman.

That said, on rare occasion he has been known to churn out a decent Superman story, and he's even got one that's genuinely good. So maybe this'll be one of those.......

Let's hope.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Honestly? With Johns writing, the less Superman in the story the better.

Johns does good work most of the time, Im a fan. But I dont think he actually gets Superman.

That said, on rare occasion he has been known to churn out a decent Superman story, and he's even got one that's genuinely good. So maybe this'll be one of those.......

Let's hope.
    I am curious. Which one story did you find genuinely good? I may not have read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I lost virtually all my enthusiasm for the story after NYCC and so far nothing has piqued it back up. I stand by my criticism that for something that was, at SDCC, called a Superman story, the advertisement since has been ANYTHING but.
    From what I've seen so far, do I think this will be a Superman story? Yeah, kinda but not in the same as sense that All Star Superman is solely a Superman story, but more like how Metal is a Batman centric story. It's not exclusively about him, the scale of the story covers the dcu as a whole, hell in the last issue he was on barely 2 pages. But when all wraps up, he's probably going to walk out of it as the clear lead character. I'm expecting the same kind of deal with Doomsday Clock only for Supes.
    As far as advertisement/promotion of the story goes? It's been plenty Superman centric. look at that trailer in the last page. At the covers of the book, the fact that the logo of the book has his 'S' on is, the interviews from those involved, Superman has been prominent in all of those, that's just irrefutable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to have come to this conclusion that he won't have a big role as initially stated because he wasn't in that preview. But that's hardly representative of the first issue, let alone the 12 issue story. And even then Frank's released other sneak peaks with Superman. I hate playing the apologist for this, I totally have my share of hang ups on this too, with what they are doing with the ending of Watchmen and to some extent Geoff Johns' track record. But this concern for the lack of Superman in the promotion of this story, it doesn't hold up.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 10-15-2017 at 08:04 PM.

I'm sure he'll feature in the story a lot, I'm not so tinfoil hat to think they were lying, but the advertisement from Superman's angle has been garbage. That's my gripe. They do not promote him to audiences. Sure when the story was in teasing phases we got the cover, logo, an unfinished page of him in bed, but when push comes to shove, the major promotional push for the story came at NYCC when they took the teasing gloves off...and that speaks for itself. It was all Watchmen. Geoff Johns talked about Superman once, and that was just a goofy Captain America/Hydra joke that had nothing to do with his role in the story.

They didn't even promote him for Rebirth well. They give off an air of just not caring that much to promote him, and I'm tired of it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm sure he'll feature in the story, I'm not so tinfoil hat to think they were lying, but the advertisement from Superman's angle has been garbage. He was promoted somewhat in teases but when push comes to shove, the major promotional push for the story came at NYCC when they kinda took the teasing gloves off...and that speaks for itself It was all Watchmen.

They didn't even promote him for Rebirth well. They give off an air of just not caring that much to promote him, and I'm tired of it.
    could you elaborate? Because besides his absence in the preview, Superman's gotten plenty of face in the covers, the trailer, the logo, sneak peaks, interviews. With all due respect, I just don't see where your concern is coming from.

Elaborated on my feelings more in an edit above. But to add a bit more, when they started promoting the book in full, they had the opportunity to delve into what his role would be, talk a little about the showdown between him and Manhattan. Stuff like that to promote his role in the story. I would have liked something in that regard to get some hype rolling for him in the story itself. Fans know he's going to be in it, I'm not saying they haven't made that clear, but when it comes to finally discussing the book, promoting it on a level of story, he was ignored. That was beyond irksome to me. I had actually made a Metal analogy before as well. Batman's the star of that story but its not just about him, and that very much might be how Doomsday Clock goes. And that's cool. But would DC have a Metal panel and not discuss Batman's role? Gods no.

I fully admit I'm awfully sensitive to this sort of thing. But in my defense this is not isolated. If it was I'm sure I'd care a lot less. This is well over a decade of built up annoyance.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2017 at 08:24 PM.

heh, yeah I got that, lol. Anyway that's fair, though he did talk a bit more about Superman than you give credit for at NYCC.
    http://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-ge...nel-nycc-2017/
    "Doctor Manhattan and Superman, you’ve got one that’s an alien, that’s probably the most human of superheroes. And you’ve got one that’s a human, and is probably the most alien of all superhumans. I thought, a conversation between those two would be amazing.”
    and
    “I wouldn’t be telling the story if I didn’t think Superman and Doctor Manhattan could be in the same panel, and not have an interaction that wasn’t worthy of it.”
    Maybe not much, but not too shabby, either.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 10-15-2017 at 08:32 PM.