Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default General Grievous vs Snoke's Praetorian Guard

General Grievous and two of his magna guards replace Rey and Kylo during the throne room battle of the Last Jedi.

Can he win?

If the guards easily win he gets four magna guards as back up.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

CW grievous or gendy grievous.

I don't see Grievous having any trouble here. Rey wasn't even trained in how to use a lightsaber and she did just fine.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    CW grievous or gendy grievous.
    Canon Grievous. Genddy Grievous too op pls nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I don't see Grievous having any trouble here. Rey wasn't even trained in how to use a lightsaber and she did just fine.
    good point. i mean, even the jobbering machine that was CW grievous should do ok then.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah, going with the jobber cyborg general here.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Grievous is vastly more skilled and has tons more combat experience. He would take it, and I would give his Gaurds good odds against Rey and company themselves as they were no slouche's against seasoned Jedi in combat.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 04-17-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Grievous is vastly more skilled and has tons more combat experience. He would take it, and I would give his Gaurds good odds against Rey and company themselves as they were no slou he's against seasoned Jedi in combat.
    didn't hurt that GG was personally trained by count dooku, one of the best lightsaber duelist in the galaxy.

I mean seriously, the Praetorian Guards would flat out drop their weapons during the fight.
    https://gfycat.com/meekblondichthyosaurs
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I mean seriously, the Praetorian Guards would flat out drop their weapons during the fight.
    i've seen that scene dozens of times and it's still hilariously stupid.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Grievous can probably solo the Praetorian Guards tbh

If you give him 2 guards its an outright slaughter.

If we bring spotty choreography into this then the rest of star wars (grievous and seasoned jedi included) are gonna look as bad if not worse than this lol.

I don't think I made much of a mismatch, the guards have numbers, vibro-weapons and lightsaber resistant armor, while grievous has lightsabers, a couple of lackeys and some degree of superhuman strength and skill.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    If we bring spotty choreography into this then the rest of star wars (grievous and seasoned jedi included) are gonna look as bad if not worse than this lol.
    Nope. Sure a lot of SW movie have choreography issues, but none are as bad as the mess that was the Praetorian Guard fight.

I don't think I made much of a mismatch,
    Think again.

the guards have numbers, vibro-weapons and lightsaber resistant armor, while grievous has lightsabers, a couple of lackeys and some degree of superhuman strength and skill.
    Beside the fact that anything from Disney Wars and TLJ in particular belongs in a septic tank, the guards are bungling idiots who lost to an untrained rookie and a guy who also lost to an untrained rookie. That's not even accounting for their magically disappearing knives or their habit of deliberately missing.

Grievous has killed seasoned Jedi Masters. So have his Magna-Guards. They'd slaughter those loser guards. Heck, the kids from SW Lego would have better odds against Grievous and his Magna-Guards.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Nope. Sure a lot of SW movie have choreography issues, but none are as bad as the mess that was the Praetorian Guard fight.

Think again.

Beside the fact that anything from Disney Wars and TLJ in particular belongs in a septic tank, the guards are bungling idiots who lost to an untrained rookie and a guy who also lost to an untrained rookie. That's not even accounting for their magically disappearing knives or their habit of deliberately missing.

Grievous has killed seasoned Jedi Masters. So have his Magna-Guards. They'd slaughter those loser guards. Heck, the kids from SW Lego would have better odds against Grievous and his Magna-Guards.
    Luke managed to fight Vader with barely any training, and Rey had training from Luke at that point. You are entitled to yiur opinion but you dont need to be hostile about it.

I'd say the guards aren't that bad and could probably pull a few wins against just Grevious, over all though he's pretty intense and without the force is too much for most to go up against

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Luke managed to fight Vader with barely any training, and Rey had training from Luke at that point. You are entitled to yiur opinion but you dont need to be hostile about it.

I'd say the guards aren't that bad and could probably pull a few wins against just Grevious, over all though he's pretty intense and without the force is too much for most to go up against
    luke had a bit more hands-on training from yoda while rey only got a few words from a reluctant luke who didn't teach her anything about lightsaber combat. she mainly did her own thing. there is a difference between learning from a eager but sometimes frustrated yoda and a depressed and uninterested luke.