Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    There are several ways to remove a mutant's powers: The Hope Serum, Forge's Power Nullifier Gun, Power Nullifier collars, the Tabula Rasa nanotech, the High Evolutionary technology, keeping Leech around...etc. They can try one or several of these...
    True. At least we know the mutants can't go crying to Reed Richards to do this for them anymore.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It is Cable. I dont think Destiny's words were meant o be taken as if any one of them will be falling in love within the near future but that it will happen for 2 of them at some point in their lives, and it wont for the other 3. Its kind of confusing bc of the time hopping shenanigans but the ending of Cable 12 wasnt an alternate universe; its meant to be 616 and has already happened. Cable was already living in the future with Esme when he went in the past to die in the events of Extermination. She having that necklace was the clue that let us know its meant to be the same universe. Duggan left it vague enough that it could be placed in any number of alternate futures that we have seen or will see and still be valid
    I dunno what age Cable (as of latest SWORD appearance) is, but he has to be in his late 40s/50's, but could be interpreted as even older. I dunno what age Esme is supposed to be, but she's probably in early twenties but also look like she (and the Cuckoos) could be teenagers.

Marvel would probably not want to deal with the appearances of (I am exaggerating, but this could be how the media sees it based on how they are drawn) an elderly man being in a romance with a teenager.

So, while it is true that an Esme/Kid Cable romance is canon, it will not appear in current comics until Esme is aged up or Cable is aged down (in appearances).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It's kinda crazy how the entire X-line is rendered superfluous in the face of Inferno.

You can literally read HOX/POX and INFERNO without missing a beat; I knew the wheels fell off with editorial I didn't know it fell off so hard.

Nevertheless, I like how we now know the origin of Nimrod The Lessor and what eventually happens with the Phalanx.

I just wish this could have been like Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars, I can't help but think of all the lost potential

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Some thoughts about the issue:

1) Doug is way smarter than I thought.
    2) So Beast made Krakoa create the medicine plants from some dead bodies?
    3) Has Omega Sentinel done this before? Could it be that the mutants won in every one of Moira's lives, but then the machines went back in time and then they won? And that's the life Moira remembers?
    4) I get the feeling we won't get much of a conclusion here. Other than just for Moira. She'll die, or be put in stasis, or depowered or something. Orchis, Nimrod and Omega Sentinel will carry on. I'm guessing some sort of truce?
    5) I imagine life 10A is also a teaser for what's to come. The Children of the Vault will come back, and Apocalypse and family will come to help. The version in life 10A looks closer to the third generation of CotV, but in life 10B they evolved further because of Darwin. Gillen's book seems to tease the Phoenix too, so that Phoenix Blade thing may end up happening too.
    Who currently has Chekov’s mutant de-powering gun? Emma? Mystique is holding a gun in the Destiny of X promo…

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's kinda crazy how the entire X-line is rendered superfluous in the face of Inferno.

You can literally read HOX/POX and INFERNO without missing a beat; I knew the wheels fell off with editorial I didn't know it fell off so hard.

Nevertheless, I like how we now know the origin of Nimrod The Lessor and what eventually happens with the Phalanx.

I just wish this could have been like Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars, I can't help but think of all the lost potential
    thats what happened when they put the Moira plotline on the backburner and never really went back to it until now. I wonder how differently things would have turned out had the Moira X series launched
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-08-2021 at 04:00 PM.

I think it's good that you can follow the story without needing a all of the books. I made introducing Krakoa to my friends a lot easier. Besides, while things may not be connected to the Inferno arc, they're linked together and develop Krakoa at large. But yeah, we really needed more focus on Orchis and Moria before Inferno.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

This was amazing. This is a story!!!

Astonishing Member

So Karima’s been overwritten the entire time we’ve known her?

To step out of my lane for a minute, I think what’s been done with her would be dodge even if Storm was the leading lady and the mutant metaphor wasn’t tortured to hell and back; but when it’s Emma, Jean et all at the forefront we are into the really unfortunate stuff

Fantastic Member

EXCELLENT issue! This the best thing I have read since HOX/POX. Hickman did it gain! He used all the toys, all the details. Having Moira gain a sort of rival or rather a polar opposite from every perspective and one that was there since HOX/POX was a really interesting idea! I I like Emma but she told Mystique and Destiny about Moira because of revenge. Moira in the end manipulated Charles and Eric too, even though they believe that they know everything. There are fates worse than Death and I believe that's what Orchis has thought of Moira. Many twists that I hadn't thought of. Really loved the whole issue.

Phoenix being mentioned again means that the Bird will play a role. Hope its with Jean and Rachel.

All of this makes me more excited for the Immortal X-Men!!
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 12-08-2021 at 03:56 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats what happened when they put the Moira plotline and never really went back to it until now. I wonder how differently things would have turned out had the Moira X series launched
    Yeah exactly, but we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think it's good that you can follow the story without needing a all of the books. I made introducing Krakoa to my friends a lot easier. Besides, while things may not be connected to the Inferno arc, they're linked together and develop Krakoa at large. But yeah, we really needed more focus on Orchis and Moria before Inferno.
    100% I cannot wait to have my HOX/POX, XOS, X-Men Omni, HELLFIRE GALA, and INFERNO next to each other on my bookshelf, it's gonna look so good

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Who currently has Chekov’s mutant de-powering gun? Emma? Mystique is holding a gun in the Destiny of X promo…
    Well, Mystique was spying on Forge under her identity of Raven Darkholme while he was creating the Depowering Gun... so she may have kept one for herself...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeah, I too think it's good you can read House of X/Power of X/Inferno and understand what's going on... You can freely pick whatever else to read without trouble.
    Last edited by Habis; 12-08-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Really thought we'd get more out of this "event" than an ungodly amount of lore dumping/updating while scheming/backstabbing douchebags whining over getting their feelings hurt by other scheming/backstabbing douchebags. Thematically appropriate set-up for Immortal X-Men, I suppose.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I think you missed the part where Omega Sentinel said she is from the far future and was sent back by the last remaining Dominion machine to possess her body in the past in order to change the future so the machines win. Then she said "My days of future past" to make the set-up as on-the-nose as possible.
    The Dominion probably learned that trick from Rachel Summer's file.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Really thought we'd get more out of this "event" than an ungodly amount of lore dumping/updating while scheming/backstabbing douchebags whining over getting their feelings hurt by other scheming/backstabbing douchebags. Thematically appropriate set-up for Immortal X-Men, I suppose.
    At this point the status quo in Krakoa is unsalvageable... Half the Quiet Council is working to ruin everything... If Krakoa itself isn't destroyed, Storm or Cyclops will have to take charge and kick out Xavier, Magneto, Emma, Mystique, Destiny and Mr. Sinister. Of course, that would be just Utopia II, so a new big crisis will start immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Not ironic,but outright dastardly ..Irene torching Moira full while knowing mutants always win is the definition of evil. Now we'll probably inexplicably get some excuse how Irene didn't know...
    Humans/Machines win during lives one to nine. Mutants win in the future of this timeline, number ten.

Irene wanted Moira to work so mutants would win during the last of Moira's lives.

It is true that Irena and Mystique are pretty evil, though...
    Last edited by Habis; 12-08-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I would put that to the difference of Hickman's writing quality versus....everybody else left in the X-Men office. The gap between concepts alone show most of there writers are lacking. I'm sure the X-office had cuffed him somewhat even on this last work of his.
    Last edited by dkrook; 12-08-2021 at 04:17 PM.