Page 587 of 827 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597637687 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 12392
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You could tell Thawne knew exactly who DeVoe was and what that meant for Barry. The moment he realized DeVoe was there you could tell he knew what was going to happen to him, and how much trouble he would cause The Flash, which is probably why he said he was such a "fan." I guess Thinker must have been one of The Flash's foes in the original timeline.
    I was wondering how Thawne knew Devoe!

I still wonder how DeVoe tricked the DNA machine and Cisco's vibe.

I love that they included the Thinking Cap and made it central to DeVoe's origin here. Though I wonder if his Metron Chair is supposed to be the "Thinking Chair" ?
    Me too!

Hey, writers of Supergirl, this is how to be loyal to the comic.

Barry, don't go citing your "Spidey-Sense," people compare this take on you to Spider-Man enough as is.
    Maybe they had to pay a fine to Marvel.

I know Barry doesn't think like a criminal, and wasn't in a calm state of mind, but even he should've realized he probably should've worn a mask or put his hood down the entire time if he was going to break into someone's home. I know he couldn't have anticipated Thinker planning for that, but still .

I can't believe Ralph's only appearance was in a Microsoft Surface commercial. And the commercial wasn't even relevant to the plot like it was last week.
    Ralph would have been perfect for this episode. Since Ralph's a P. I., he could have given Barry "Breaking & Entering 101," and be the only one who stood by him when the police put him on suspension.

So Wally apparently fought Starro in Blue valley and single-handedly defeated him. Wow, that's pretty impressive. Now hopefully with Wally back we won't see him relegated to just standing around to get knocked out like he was in the early episodes, though I'm not sure how they'll balance him with Ralph's development.
    I don't recall Wally saying he fought Starro alone. I'm cautiously hoping the Starro reference will tie into Wally encountering other superheroes at Blue Valley (coughs)Titans(cough)

By the way, I was confused how many years after the explosion did DeVoe's body start to fail. Does anyone have a guess?
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 11-22-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    As an Easter egg for the fans.
    A bottle in Ralph's desk that says "Gingold" on it. That's an Easter egg. Having Wally off-handedly say he fought Starro is basically telling us that there was a potentially more interesting story happening somewhere else that we didn't get to see. Heck, I'm more interested in the Starro thing than any of this Thinker stuff that's going on. Unless, maybe the Thinker is actually trying to prepare the world to fight the second wave of Starro's invasion. That's a possibility. But really, Kid Flash gets to fight a genuine Justice League villain off screen? The cinematic Justice League doesn't even get to fight an actual Justice League villain (yes, I know Steppenwolf's supposed to be a big deal but I've never been impressed by the Fourth World characters outside their own milieu).

I'm sure they'll follow up on it with a flashback episode or something . . . right?

Astonishing Member

From the time I saw the preview last week I kept thinking why on Earth is Barry going after Devoe when it would make so much more sense for the Flash to handle that part?

First, Barry is a lab guy and despite years of CSI shows they are not the ones to interact with suspects. Is it a perk of being a police detective's foster son and future son-in-law that you get to go put on cases with him? Is the CCPD like the Star City force where they are so short-handed they will make anyone a field officer?

Second, if Barry had been using his speed the whole time couldn't he have searched the whole house without even registering on camera. I know Devoe already knew who Barry was and would have had some counter-measure in place, but you'd still figure Barry would at least try to make better use of his speed than just stopping the picture from hitting the floor. I was actually surprised to see he was smart enough to wear gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Oh yeah we definitely don't understand his motives fully yet. As it is he amusingly isn't really even a villain yet. I mean we haven't even seen him do anything actually dangerous to anyone except the Weeper who he captured. His Samurai was meant just to get to the Flash/flush him out. The bus meta's weren't controlled by him. And aside from ironically working with the police to bother Barry, which he also didn't make Barry do, he hasn't actually done very much that would make him seem like a bad guy yet.
    His motives seem pretty clear, if not directly stated, to me. He's trying to find a way to survive his body crashing because of all the information in his head.

Although this "Enlightenment" he's talking about might be something else entirely.

He doesn't control the bus Metas but he created them and, with his intellect, could predict what they'd do and, for some, that they'd commit crimes and hurt people to necessitate Barry locking them up. At the very least he's partially responsible for them, moreso then Team Flash since he was planning on them getting their powers once Barry came out of the Speed Force which he forced Team Flash into doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    A bottle in Ralph's desk that says "Gingold" on it. That's an Easter egg. Having Wally off-handedly say he fought Starro is basically telling us that there was a potentially more interesting story happening somewhere else that we didn't get to see. Heck, I'm more interested in the Starro thing than any of this Thinker stuff that's going on. Unless, maybe the Thinker is actually trying to prepare the world to fight the second wave of Starro's invasion. That's a possibility. But really, Kid Flash gets to fight a genuine Justice League villain off screen? The cinematic Justice League doesn't even get to fight an actual Justice League villain (yes, I know Steppenwolf's supposed to be a big deal but I've never been impressed by the Fourth World characters outside their own milieu).

I'm sure they'll follow up on it with a flashback episode or something . . . right?
    No, not at all. It was 100% just an easter egg and I wouldn't waste your energy trying to find anything deeper about it

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    No, not at all. It was 100% just an easter egg and I wouldn't waste your energy trying to find anything deeper about it
    Heck the only thing "deep" about it was establishing that Wally found a life and even adventure outside of Barry and co. It doesn't need to be expanded on beyond that.

Retired

Yeah, I was happy for Kid Flash that instead of the mostly depressing adventures he seems to have with Barry--usually ending up with him taken out of commission, sometimes mortally wounded---Wally was having uplifting adventures where he gets to be the hero and save the day. That's why I'm willing to imagine an amazing encounter with Starro the Conqueror and not a mere starfish underling. But if ever we saw Starro in an actual episode of THE FLASH, where Wally has to share screen time with Barry, then Kid Flash would go down in the first two minutes. It's a paradox that Kid Flash can only be successful when he isn't on THE FLASH.

Now I'm wondering what kind of stuff Roy has been getting up to when he's not on Arrow .

Now I'm wondering what kind of stuff Roy has been getting up to when he's not on Arrow .
    Stranded on another Earth through dubious means, ran into a guy his own age in their version Bludhaven, an orange skinned beauty from space, a green kid that transforms into animals, and a girl with a father that makes Ra's look like father of the year material.

BANNED

I mostly wonder what the Hawks are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Stranded on another Earth through dubious means, ran into a guy his own age in their version Bludhaven, an orange skinned beauty from space, a green kid that transforms into animals, and a girl with a father that makes Ra's look like father of the year material.
    If only .
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I mostly wonder what the Hawks are up to.
    Maybe they're in St. Roch or Midway City doing...stuff .

Despite the fact that I found Neil Sandilands' accent a little hard to understand at times, I loved seeing his backstory. We went from wondering if his assistant being his wife was all an act for Barry and Joe to believing the strength of their relationship. And understanding how DeVoe's powers work, even if his motivation and ultimate end goal aren't entirely clear. I mean, I get that he's this evil Stephen Hawking who is smart enough to understand what's happening to his body and working on a solution, but given his career and his desire to teach, I don't understand where the evil is coming from.

Aside from the breaking into DeVoe's house moving at normal speeds and not wearing a mask (Barry thinks DeVoe has cameras all over STAR Labs but not his own house?), this is the smartest Barry we've seen. Despite his team telling him to let it go and Singh suspending him, Barry is experienced enough and driven enough to know letting something like this go is only going to come back and bite him. Even if DeVoe is ahead of him, Barry still got off a victory by confronting him, looking him in the eyes and saying "Who are you really?" which prompted DeVoe to lay some of his cards on the table.

So if Caitlin is the Hulk and Barry is Spider-Man, what does that make Cisco?

I have kind of wondered whether Watson wants to arrest all vigilante's or if she's just singularly focused on the Green Arrow and his people for some reason. Does she want to arrest The Flash too?
    Probably just Green Arrow, but she's so thorough in her investigation, I'm sure the fact that Oliver is a groomsman for some random forensic scientist in Central City would raise a flag (especially if it gets on the news that the wedding became the site of some inter-dimensional super powered battle).

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post

Why haven't they hired you as a writer?
    Because my "Wally travels to the Batman and Robin Earth and must fight Mr. Freeze to get a cure for McGregor's Syndrome to go back and time to save his mother" idea is unfeasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    By the way, I was confused how many years after the explosion did DeVoe's body start to fail. Does anyone have a guess?
    3-4, maybe? After going to the doctor, the DeVoes seemed to have a "we must act quickly" kind of mentality, so maybe that happened sometime in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Having Wally off-handedly say he fought Starro is basically telling us that there was a potentially more interesting story happening somewhere else that we didn't get to see. Heck, I'm more interested in the Starro thing than any of this Thinker stuff that's going on. Unless, maybe the Thinker is actually trying to prepare the world to fight the second wave of Starro's invasion. That's a possibility.
    That sounds too much like the dangling plot thread of needing Vandal Savage to take over the world to fight the Thanagarian invasion season one of Legends of Tomorrow hinted at.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Despite the fact that I found Neil Sandilands' accent a little hard to understand at times, I loved seeing his backstory. We went from wondering if his assistant being his wife was all an act for Barry and Joe to believing the strength of their relationship. And understanding how DeVoe's powers work, even if his motivation and ultimate end goal aren't entirely clear. I mean, I get that he's this evil Stephen Hawking who is smart enough to understand what's happening to his body and working on a solution, but given his career and his desire to teach, I don't understand where the evil is coming from.
    I think it's possible that DeVoe's intelligence boost also gave him a dose of elitist and arrogance to go along with it, because he seemed very disappointed in how most of humanity was wasting away the gifts of the Particle Accelerator explosion (or education in general) or of anyone who wasn't up to his intelligence level.

The fact that his attempt to benefit humanity by boosting his own intelligence came at his expense also seems to have made him very bitter.

So if Caitlin is the Hulk and Barry is Spider-Man, what does that make Cisco?
    Kamala Khan ?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Because my "Wally travels to the Batman and Robin Earth and must fight Mr. Freeze to get a cure for McGregor's Syndrome to go back and time to save his mother" idea is unfeasible.
    Awn, well; still, you're good.

3-4, maybe? After going to the doctor, the DeVoes seemed to have a "we must act quickly" kind of mentality, so maybe that happened sometime in 2016.
    Thank you.

I think it's possible that DeVoe's intelligence boost also gave him a dose of elitist and arrogance to go along with it, because he seemed very disappointed in how most of humanity was wasting away the gifts of the Particle Accelerator explosion (or education in general) or of anyone who wasn't up to his intelligence level.

The fact that his attempt to benefit humanity by boosting his own intelligence came at his expense also seems to have made him very bitter.

Kamala Khan ?
    Nah, Deadpool. Way too many out (or is it in?) universe jokes.
    "Sometimes, you're a wizard Harry."