Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The more I think about it the more I like the idea. I'd of course love to see her with the X-Men but she would obviously have a lot of popular characters to compete with. She could eventually make her way to the X-Men though or be aligned with them.
    This. They can start Captain Britain out as a limited series on Disney +. And introduce Elizabeth as a strike agent.

BE1A699E-5194-4A30-AFEE-00574F68DFBF.jpg

I’m sorry I’m a broken record.
    We did not need 31 issues of Betsy trying to find herself.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Seriouslym i blame Leah and Tini for that shit. At the end of Hunt For Wolverine mini, she was fully empowered by reconstructing her OG body. She was free from any manipulation, she even stated as much in her dialogue with Jubes. Then along came Leah and the mess that was Age of X-Man... She suddenly hated her body and that traveled to Tini's Excalibur run with the added feeling guilty for taking Kwannon's body (which I maintain she was not to blame either..)
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Incredible Member

Poor betsy fans… the messy or absent late 90’s, the sidelining in the 00’s, the great 10’s and now the shitty 20’s.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Seriouslym i blame Leah and Tini for that shit. At the end of Hunt For Wolverine mini, she was fully empowered by reconstructing her OG body. She was free from any manipulation, she even stated as much in her dialogue with Jubes. Then along came Leah and the mess that was Age of X-Man... She suddenly hated her body and that traveled to Tini's Excalibur run with the added feeling guilty for taking Kwannon's body (which I maintain she was not to blame either..)
    It seems like it started in Soule's Dead Ends which I believe was released literally the next week after Murder in Madripoor ended.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I feel like this was just her coming to terms from dying and building her body from scratch as she percieved herself.

You know that saying how people view you and how you view yourself are completely different things.

That's such an awesome story beat that I wish was explored more but now she's just a cloned sinister body. Merp.

I feel like this was just her coming to terms from dying and building her body from scratch as she percieved herself.

You know that saying how people view you and how you view yourself are completely different things.

That's such an awesome story beat that I wish was explored more but now she's just a cloned sinister body. Merp.
    There really is so much potential there being back in her original body (or cloned body that looks exactly like she used to). That's why I'd like to see the STRIKE Psi Division used again because this is the Betsy they always knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It seems like it started in Soule's Dead Ends which I believe was released literally the next week after Murder in Madripoor ended.

considering Zub wasn't gonna be writing her after... He had to play to Williams' Betsy hates her body trope

seriously... Plus it could be interesting to see Kwannon go through a similar arc...

Just because a person feels confident and empowered in one moment doesn't mean they don't have any issues or have gotten over any possible ones that might come with their actions later. Plus even the fact that, in that panel, she has to tell herself that, starting the "Stop that. Stop." and then following with a positive affirmation... It rings true for situations when you know deep down that someone might affect you but you don't want to let it do that, and/or when you're excited about something but knows it might also bring some pain but you try to focus on the positive side.

Plus Excalibur Betsy didn't also have to come to terms with just that but also becoming Captain Britain, what happened with Brian, Krakoa, managing her loyalty to that vs Britain, Jamie, and even when it comes to Kwannon, the fact that they lived in the same place and would run into each other now.

Yup. And if you liked the execution. Good for you. Glad you liked how it was handled. And that panel is just one example of all times she's had to deal with her body identity.

Do Betsy's fans still not get it? Betsy's mental problem in this Krakoa is no longer 'body', 'gender' or 'race' issue but evolved. It is 'dream' vs 'reality' and thats why she is one of the most important X-Men in this era.

Once her problem is solved by the end of Krakoa, she will be 'completed' and take the leading role in the next era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Do Betsy's fans still not get it? Betsy's mental problem in this Krakoa is no longer 'body', 'gender' or 'race' issue but evolved. It is 'dream' vs 'reality' and thats why she is one of the most important X-Men in this era.

Once her problem is solved by the end of Krakoa, she will be 'completed' and take the leading role in the next era.
    I get it. We saw her get a dream job snd she has grown into it wonderfully. She’s awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I get it. We saw her get a dream job snd she has grown into it wonderfully. She’s awesome.
    Yeah, that's why I'm not in a rush to see her thrown into the crowd on Krakoa. Don't get me wrong, I love the island nation, but I like that she's been off of it and visiting here and there. My favorite use of Krakoa is when it's connected but not the constant setting of the story (X-Men Red, X-Men).

What do you all think about Betsy being a war captain.

And no I don't mean as a replacement.

I mean I think their should be more than 4 and she'd be a great candidate.