Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    LOL...with Loose Cannon Chiarelli as the GM of the Oilers, maybe McDavid being traded away from Edmonton isn't as crazy as some people think

I'm mostly joking. Personally, I have really hated one move by Chiarelli, but at the same time, I am now realizing that we probably could have gotten so much more for Hall and Eberle. Anyways, what's done is done. I honestly do not know what the involvement of Vegas meant for the Brassard deal, but I do know that Pittsburgh probably just shot up to the team to beat in the East now, surpassing the likes of Tampa Bay and Boston, IMO.

I do not understand the Flames. They've now got like 4 players who have hit 20+ goals, yet they are struggling to win. They are supposed to have one of the better defence core in the NHL...is Mike Smith the real MVP of the NHL?

I am pretty curious as to how things will settle after 3 pm on Monday. I am looking forward to a busy, if not mind-blowing, trade deadline day.
    I don't see them ever trading McDavid. He's going to be the face of the team and franchise player much like Gretzky was. That being said, I would trade anyone on the Hawks for him.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I don't see them ever trading McDavid. He's going to be the face of the team and franchise player much like Gretzky was. That being said, I would trade anyone on the Hawks for him.
    How about Malkin, Leteng, Aston-Reese and a 1st (that they don't have).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Flyers topped Ottawa 5-3 yesterday for their fifth straight win and are now only a point behind Washington for first place in the Metro division. Hard to believe my squad lost ten straight once upon a time and looked dead in the water. Remarkable!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And the rich get richer: Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Rick Nash was traded to Boston.

LOL...I don't know if that Gretzky example is a good one, since the Oilers did trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    How about Malkin, Leteng, Aston-Reese and a 1st (that they don't have).
    Maybe when Malkin was about the same age. In fact, I'd make that trade if Malkin was 21. Malkin is the type of player that has very little flaws to his game. He'll score heaps of goals, make amazing passes and is a big strong body. The thing I am leery of McDavid's game is his reluctance to shoot, shoot, shoot. So yeah, if Malkin could be put through a time machine, I'd make that trade for Malkin, Letang, and Aston-Reese.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Flyers topped Ottawa 5-3 yesterday for their fifth straight win and are now only a point behind Washington for first place in the Metro division. Hard to believe my squad lost ten straight once upon a time and looked dead in the water. Remarkable!
    It is quite astonishing, to be sure. Good on them.

And the rich get richer: Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Rick Nash was traded to Boston.
    Looks like it's true. Nash is going to a very good team. Hopefully, he does not upset the chemistry of the team.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I just saw that. Bruins are going for it this year
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    LOL...I don't know if that Gretzky example is a good one, since the Oilers did trade him.
    That's only because Pocklington was a cheap skate and an idiot. Plus, Gretzky played for the Oilers for what, ten years? And they were the best years of his career.

I just saw that. Bruins are going for it this year
    They signed Brian Gionta to a minor contract, too.

That's only because Pocklington was a cheap skate and an idiot. Plus, Gretzky played for the Oilers for what, ten years? And they were the best years of his career.
    Yeah, true.

In other sad news: read that Jordan Staal's baby daughter died. Nothing is mentioned as to what the ailment was prior to death. The Hurricanes posted a statement asking for respect and privacy at this time.

The Flyers claim defenseman Johnny Oduya from Ottawa off waivers. I have a sneaking suspicion that might be the extent of the moves made by Philly before today's 3 p.m. deadline. The big deal was last week's trade for Petr Mrazek, and some say that was a desperation move by GM Ron Hextall after Michal Nuevirth went down from injury, joining Brian Elliott on the shelf. It looks like Hextall is going to roll with the roster he has and not add a high priced mercenary for the stretch run.

Lot of wheeling and dealing going on today.

The Hawks traded Hartman and a 5th to the Preds for a 1st rd pick, 4th and prospect Victor Ejdsell. I like the trade. Hartman fell out of favor and was in Q's doghouse. When that happens, you may as well get a seat warmer. Yeah, the 1st rd pick will be near the bottom of the rd considering how good the Preds are. But maybe they package that pick and move up into the top pick. And Victor is a nice prospect to get as well. He's only 22 and is 6'5. Most scouts are already rating him as a top 6 forward.

The Sharks got Evander Kane from Buffalo. The Sabres will receive a conditional first-round pick in 2019 if Kane re-signs with San Jose, but it will be a second-rounder if he doesn't. Buffalo also gets a conditional fourth-round pick in 2020 and forward prospect Dan O'Regan.

The Columbus Blue Jackets have acquired Thomas Vanek from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Tyler Motte and Jussi Jokinen.

Vancouver Canucks have acquired forward Brendan Leipsic from Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for defenseman Philip Holm.

The Winnipeg Jets have acquired Paul Stastny from the St. Louis Blues. St. Louis gets a 2018 first-round pick, a 2020 fourth-round pick and prospect Erik Foley.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 02-26-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Another big trade:

The Lightning get defenseman Ryan McDonagh and forward J.T. Miller from the New York Rangers for a 2018 first-round draft pick, a conditional second-rounder, forward Vladislav Namestnikov -- who will be a restricted free agent after the season -- and prospects Libor Hajek and Brett Howden. If the Lightning win the Stanley Cup this season or next, the second-rounder becomes a first, according to TSN.

Hawks made another trade:

The Chicago Blackhawks traded forward Tommy Wingels to the Boston Bruins for a 2019 conditional fifth-round pick before the NHL trade deadline, the teams announced Monday. The draft pick moves up to the fourth round if the Bruins reach the second round of the 2018 playoffs or Wingels re-signs in Boston this offseason.

Also:

Winnipeg Jets acquire Paul Stastny from the St. Louis Blues for a conditional 2018 first-round pick, a conditional 2020 fourth-round pick and Erik Foley. (St. Louis retains 50 percent of Stastny’s salary. If the Blues fail to sign Foley before Aug. 16, 2019 they will get the Jets’ fourth-round pick in 2020. Should Winnipeg somehow end up with one of the top three picks in the 2018 draft, St. Louis gets Winnipeg’s first-round pick in 2019. If not, they will get that pick in 2018.)

Once upon a time, the Flyers lost ten straight and were deader than Dracula. Tonight, they beat Montreal 1-0 in a shootout to move to the top of the Metropolitan division. Can’t say I saw THAT coming!

Once upon a time, the Flyers lost ten straight and were deader than Dracula. Tonight, they beat Montreal 1-0 in a shootout to move to the top of the Metropolitan division. Can’t say I saw THAT coming!
    It's insane. Like...how?!?! This is a team that is playing so well. It's got a lot to do with the revitalized Claude Giroux. Sean Couturier becoming a star at centre. Voracek basically becoming a set-up god! Also a lot of production from their defencemen double dragons of Provarov and Gostisbere!

As for the Hartman trade? I honestly don't know about that one, from a Chicago perspective. Let's say they pick 25th overall...are they hoping for someone better than Hartman? I understand that he may have fell out of favour with Quenneville, but that trade makes zero sense to me.

A lot of other things going on, but I gotta absorb it all.