Page 57 of 108 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

But that's just a variant cover, it could be nothing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish we could just put Civil War II behind us.

I'm not really sure what "Carol Danvers interrupting some teen Skrulls on a date" is meant to imply...
    I think the cover just supposed to be an homage to those sci-fi movies from the 50's and 60's

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    They also keep insistently reminding folks that "Carol put Tony Stark in a coma" over and over, very passive aggressively. It's like they're trying to make everyone forget that was Tony who tried to kill her in the first place, all she did was defend herself.
    I wish they’d just forget everything Bendis did with Carol over the years. He really did so much damage to her as a character.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Brie looks so beautiful and happy here.

Just posted this video to my channel celebrating one of my favorite Captain Marvel books, The Life of Captain Marvel. If you haven't read it yet and you're a fan of all things Carol Danvers, I cannot recommend this book enough.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Ugh. If I were Kelly, I’d revamp this to Carol’s mom had powers due to generic tampering, which gave Car-Ell the potential to do so as well. Thanks to the energies of the psyche-magnetron, it awakened Car-Ell’s latent abilities, originally just her super-strength, flight, and precognition. Thanks to further genetic tampering from the Brood, her full potential was finally awakened. Makes it a lot less cringey than she being a mutant Kree half blood.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Brie looks so beautiful and happy here.
    If only the writers let her show more emotion in the movie. Hoping CM 2 they delve into her character and why we’re suppose to root for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wish they’d just forget everything Bendis did with Carol over the years. He really did so much damage to her as a character.
    Outside CW2 and maybe the cow comment I dont see most of the stuff he did with her bad if any excluding my mentions. She had pretty cool moments in his Avenger runs.

Ugh. If I were Kelly, I’d revamp this to Carol’s mom had powers due to generic tampering, which gave Car-Ell the potential to do so as well. Thanks to the energies of the psyche-magnetron, it awakened Car-Ell’s latent abilities, originally just her super-strength, flight, and precognition. Thanks to further genetic tampering from the Brood, her full potential was finally awakened. Makes it a lot less cringey than she being a mutant Kree half blood.
    I don’t see it as cringey for all we know her mom was experimented on we still really haven’t gotten much of a backstory on her I’d one at all. At worse it probably did end up retconning Kree genetics and maybe some are just more special than others. The Brood experimentation and the psyche magnetron stuff still took place though.

Honestly want to see more of Carol’s mother in action and get more of a story on her and her upbringing and missions she had to do.

By Mark Brooks

EdtzA-bXkAErVRw.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    If only the writers let her show more emotion in the movie. Hoping CM 2 they delve into her character and why we’re suppose to root for her.
    And more character growth. She started basically as she began...just knew she was human.

I am going to compare to the Wonder Woman movie here...Diana had actual growth as a person. Yes she started out as a powerful, well trained Amazon warrior...but was naive...over the course of the movie she learned that the world and humanity were more complex than she originally believed and it changed her as well.

The movie is about Carol's journey discovering who she is, she started the movie brainwashed and then found her place reconnecting with her family (Maria and Monica), all her life she was manipulated by people around her telling she had to hold her emotions, to be the ''best version of herself'' (a messsage about how society sees women's emotions as weak) and that she couldn't do things and she overcame that by the end. She learned about herself and the kree's betrayal helping the skrulls which was a message about marginalized immigrant people trying to find their place.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 07-25-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Captain Marvel effect, more women are joining the Airforce.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...s-5-years.html
    Higher, further, faster, baby.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Higher, further, faster, baby.
    Hell yes.

I love it when comics and superheroes have a quantifiable impact on the real world. Superman's radio show dealt a big hit to kkk recruitment back in the....50's I think. Carol bringing more women into the AF......hell yeah.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

lol imagine celebrating military propaganda working
    Cmon guys.

Here's something better

"NXT superstar Tegan Nox on her comeback to the ring, mental health and how Captain Marvel saved her"

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/wwe/...a18yq9ve8tc1lp

I hope Kelly gives us some female Accusers and Pursuers for Carol to encounter. The Kree could create their own version of the Nova Corps.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-25-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: