Page 357 of 613 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I mean she can create an atmosphere so it wouldn't be that far of stretch to see her create a portal one.
    wait you mean you think she can do this in space? how so?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I mean she can create an atmosphere so it wouldn't be that far of stretch to see her create a portal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wait you mean you think she can do this in space? how so?
    LordAllMIghty how did we get to 'Ro teleporting?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    TAS Storm is my all time favorite version of Ororo. I LOVED her speeches. I LOVED her voice (2nd actress).
    I love TAS Storm too, but I was MUCH more partial to the first voice actress, Iona Morris. There was strength in her voice that the second actress, (Alison Sealy-Smith), could never replicate.

I love the Episode "Whatever it takes" and Iona gives that line "We must drive the Shadow King back into astral plane before it reseals itself!" and we hear it echoing later. Even when Smith re-recorded the episode, they kept Morris on the echo. It really showed the contrast between their voices.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 08-02-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I love TAS Storm too, but I was MUCH more partial to the first voice actress, Iona Morris. There was strength in her voice that the second actress, (Alison Sealy-Smith), could never replicate.

I love the Episode "Whatever it takes" and Iona gives that line "We mush drive the Shadow King back into astral plane before it reseals itself!" and we hear it echoing later. Even when Smit re-recording the episodes they kept Morris on the echo. It really showed the contrast between their voices.
    Exactly. Alison's work on the later episodes is fine, but Iona was boss, and when Alison tries to redub her episodes, it's like, uh uhn gurl, leave it be.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love the Episode "Whatever it takes" and Iona gives that line "We must drive the Shadow King back into astral plane before it reseals itself!" and we hear it echoing later. Even when Smith re-recorded the episode, they kept Morris on the echo. It really showed the contrast between their voices.
    why did Iona leave again?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Speaking of Animated voices for Storm... some surprises in there (the voice of TAS Jean did a version of Storm as well!). I think Jill Scott (Black Panther animated series) is the winner for me (Dawn Lewis might be a distant second) but the sample given doesn't include any aggression/battle speeches which is really where you can judge the talents ability to turn an elemental phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think with storm you could get a great elemental affect just by making her hair change form to become more cloud like with a sort of transparent look that doesn't effect her skin tone.
    Storm with Elemental hair Appreciation!

Lightning!

Wind!

Clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of Animated voices for Storm... some surprises in there (the voice of TAS Jean did a version of Storm as well!). I think Jill Scott (Black Panther animated series) is the winner for me (Dawn Lewis might be a distant second) but the sample given doesn't include any aggression/battle speeches which is really where you can judge the talents ability to turn an elemental phrase.

Jill Scott brought the yummy African vibe most of the other voices didn't. She did great work. I still like Iona the best, though, because she brought the majesty and command. If she had used an African accent, it would be beyond reproach. Jill is a strong #2, though, for sure. If she had more time with the character, I might think otherwise.

Fantastic Member

if we are talking about elemental forms, I think we should mention the Black Vortex Storm, I really liked this form, I think they could use it again.

It's a matter of royalties. As an American actress, she would get residuals whenever the show would play reruns. Alison, and most of the other cast, are Canadian actors. As such, they do not get residuals when the reruns air.

Budget.

She was living in LA, the rest of the cast lived in Canada. Half way into season 2, they cut her so they wouldn't have to fly her out all time(I guess?). Something like that.

It's a matter of royalties. As an American actress, she would get residuals whenever the show would play reruns. Alison, and most of the other cast, are Canadian actors. As such, they do not get residuals when the reruns air.
    That's an interesting angle I hadn't heard before. That's strange that the Spider-Man show went ahead and used her instead of Alison.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's an interesting angle I hadn't heard before. That's strange that the Spider-Man show went ahead and used her instead of Alison.
    Spiderman had Alison, not Iona.

Iona has been candid about why we was fired from the show.

Spiderman had Alison, not Iona.

Iona has been candid about why we was fired from the show.
    For the Secret Wars crossover, no they had Iona.

I feel the opposite. I think Iona was good, but Alison Sealy-Smith really brought the character to life for me. Her voice had more conviction and just felt more powerful and fitting for Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!