Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Marvel's too busy making minis like Worst X-Man Ever dedicated to entirely brand new characters they'll never use again to make anything else.
    What on earth are you talking about?

Marvel's too busy making minis like Worst X-Man Ever dedicated to entirely brand new characters they'll never use again to make anything else.
    LOL!!

About Deadpool, is he a human or a mutant or a mix? Because the drugs work for humans so maybe he's disqualified? And it's indeed true that cancer is complicated where not one treatment sends all cancers into remission, IRL.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    LOL!!

About Deadpool, is he a human or a mutant or a mix? Because the drugs work for humans so maybe he's disqualified? And it's indeed true that cancer is complicated where not one treatment sends all cancers into remission, IRL.
    He is a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He is a human.
    Got it. So his healing factor was a result of the experiments on him. I know very little about Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Got it. So his healing factor was a result of the experiments on him. I know very little about Wade.
    He is a human who was given a healing factor by Weapon X while he had cancer.

The problem is that cancer is the uncontrolled division of cells, so its healing factor is interspersed with the cancer itself. In his case, the healing factor doesn't kill cancer, it potentiates it, but it makes up for it because he can't really die, that's why he's so ugly.

The second problem is that his healing factor is so used to dealing with cancer that if it did heal, it would be out of control and kill him, similar to when Wolverine lost the adamantium skeleton and his healing factor was out of control.

The problem is that cancer is the uncontrolled division of cells, so its healing factor is interspersed with the cancer itself. In his case, the healing factor doesn't kill cancer, it potentiates it, but it makes up for it because he can't really die, that's why he's so ugly.

The second problem is that his healing factor is so used to dealing with cancer that if it did heal, it would be out of control and kill him, similar to when Wolverine lost the adamantium skeleton and his healing factor was out of control.
    Much appreciation for the info. Poor 'pool.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    I'm talking about this mini from 2016. It was both the first and only (to date) appearance of Bailey Hoskins.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I'm talking about this mini from 2016. It was both the first and only (to date) appearance of Bailey Hoskins.
    Thanks for clarifying. I though you were talking about Children of the Atom.

Who cares? That mini has nothing to do with any of the other characters not getting books. And you said minis plural, what are other examples?

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Who cares? That mini has nothing to do with any of the other characters not getting books. And you said minis plural, what are other examples?
    Phrasing in this case was meant more as a joke than "hey there's like a billion cases of this happening and I have receipts," but fair point in asking. If there's more cases that fit the "make a mini focused on a character who was made exclusively for this mini and never use them again" model at Marvel, I'm not aware of them since I'm not a hardcore reader or anything.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

So they're not "too busy" making them at all then. They made one.

Jokes are banned, got it.

Though I do use that mini for the more accurate and sincere point of how its existence means any claims of a character not being popular enough or too risky sales-wise is BS. If Marvel had no problem with making that mini, they should have no problem making plenty of other minis with far more demonstrated interest.

He was also cursed by Thanos so he can never die and be with Lady Death.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    So... no one's going to talk about Jeff being a chick magnet ?
    Seriously, Magik, Emma and Armor all think he's cute - and the only reason Polaris and Storm don't like him is because he bit them.
    He was just looking out for his king, they got no reason to complain for him doing his job...plus Emma wanted to turn him into a handbag.

I'm going to be pedantic for a moment.

There are hundreds of different types of cancer, cancer is a generic term that encompasses many different types of diseases. Krakoa may have developed drugs that are effective for certain types of cancer but are useless against others.
    They have an Omega level mutant who can cure any disease...hell he cured a more deadly version of the Legacy Virus for pete's sake and could reanimate the dead. I think cancer, any cancer, would be a cake walk for him.