Page 176 of 875 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Oh, Baffle that's just the 'complex' talking...it's a time for celebration! It's going to be Fox cartoons all the way from here on in. Damn those annoying tiny things called facts...

Here, have a party popper and a funky purple hat!
    Well, if the celebrations are put on hold at least I can look stylish while waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Editor? This guy is the VP of Animation. This has nothing to do with comics.
    Indeed. I'd meant to type executive but accidentally wrote editor instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Yeah, I'll go up and bold that too.

As of the ruling though it seems after this Fox did get the TV rights (it was subject to the contract claim) - since Mutant X couldn't mention anything X-Men related(it's a very odd show).

Although that might've changed if there was any renegotiation at some stage this year.
    The live-action TV situation seems to be a mess. I don't know if the other parts of the ruling cleared things up, but even with just the bit you quoted it's clear that even if Marvel kept the live-action TV rights they couldn't use them without Fox's permission. By the way, didn't we have someone claiming to have seen the original contract? Was there any follow-up on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    They're over that, or have you not read anything since A+X?

It's only fellow X-Men that vilify Cyclops now. Guess you need to hate them, instead.
    Well, i do hate the JGS (most of them anyways ), that bunch of hypocrites Avengers' lapdogs.................................

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i do hate the JGS, that bunch of hypocrites Avengers' lapdogs.................................
    Well, at least you're an equal opportunity hater.

so we have the following (at least):

1. wolverine and the x-men with FOX completely unaccredited.
    2. wolverine starring in marvel super-hero squad.
    3. wolverine showing up in ultimate spider-man.
    4. deadpool showing up in ultimate spider-man.
    5. mutants are mentioned in ultimate spider-man.
    6. sauron showing up in hulk smash.
    7. jean grey showing up in the teen iron man show.

8. (?) and then, there was also the motion-capture animation cartoon of joss whedon's astonishing x-men.

have i missed anything? if these comments were in error, then it should be a simple matter to clear up with a quick phone call.

if not, then we have a case of a marvel executive making an (false) accusation on FOX for the lack of animated material.

i, for one, would like to know what is the case truly here. and i would like to know why.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

8. (?) and then, there was also the motion-capture animation cartoon of joss whedon's astonishing x-men.

have i missed anything? if these comments were in error, then it should be a simple matter to clear up with a quick phone call.

if not, then we have a case of a marvel executive making an (false) accusation on FOX for the lack of animated material.

i, for one, would like to know what is the case truly here. and i would like to know why.
    8. Star-Lord explicitly mentioned the X-Men as some of Earth's greatest heroes in Ultimate Spider-Man
    9. Wolverine was in Avengers: EMH
    10. Wolverine & the X-Men is canon to Avengers: EMH
    11. Weapon X showed up in Season 2 of Avengers: EMH (Vision obtained adamantium from them)
    12. Magneto was in Iron Man: Armored Adventures (same episode that Jean was in)
    13. Xavier was in Iron Man: Armored Adventures (again, same episode as Jean & Magneto)
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

8. Star-Lord explicitly mentioned the X-Men as some of Earth's greatest heroes in Ultimate Spider-Man
    9. Wolverine was in Avengers: EMH
    10. Wolverine & the X-Men is canon to Avengers: EMH
    11. Weapon X showed up in Season 2 of Avengers: EMH (Vision obtained adamantium from them)
    12. Magneto was in Iron Man: Armored Adventures (same episode that Jean was in)
    13. Xavier was in Iron Man: Armored Adventures (again, same episode as Jean & Magneto)
    Also Jean and Storm showed up in couple of episodes of the super-hero squad.

From the other thread...Props to user autbey for finding this link...
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55040

This basically confirms Marvel still has the rights and Lane misspoke...(or Wacker misspoke) if Marvel didn't, Stephen Wacker would've corrected it.

Just quoting it for anyone that doesn't want to bother clicking through.

Question: Animation has a longer lead time on comics, so I imagine -- correct me if I'm wrong -- that even beyond the current shows people know about, there is time spent developing new projects for the future. How much is that a part of your job? And, since it's something people certainly seem to be curious about, is a new X-Men animated series from Marvel Animation something that's at least possible -- if not actually in the works?

Wacker:...and there are no plans for an X-Men animated series. Aside from a few loud places online, I'm not sure there's much call for a kids show, given the tone of the films. We do see an X-Men or two in one of the new seasons, so there's that.

We do have some other new shows cooking up though. There should be announcements soon if Arune [Singh, Marvel's Executive Director of Television Communications] has done his job!
    Article is dated 22/08/2014...
    Last edited by Beezzi; 03-31-2015 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Edited for fairness...

"Given the tones of the films"...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "Given the tones of the films"...
    Wait, so no X-cartoons because of how the films are? Are they really trying that hard to make synergy?

"given the tone of the films.."

i saw that too. what exactly is that comment suppose to mean? based on what exactly?

if they were worried about dark tone on an animated show, they certainly had no problem when their studios produced WATXM.

in episode 1, jean grey and professor are (seemingly) bombed to death, and the x-men live under martial law in the united states.

Extraordinary Member

Whatever, it is not like the tone of the Avengers cartoons match the tone of the MCU movies either. If kids don't know about X-Men it is because Marvel is not promoting them. I don't remember my kids asking me who the GotG were until they saw toys in the Disney store, but they do ask me about the X-Men characters they saw Spider-Man fight in some cartoon on Netflix (unfortunately my younger on insists they must be bad guys because they fought Spidey).

"Aside from a few loud places online" - I'm tired of these people talking shit about the fanbase...

So how come the "Tone of films" didn't stop the other two X-cartoons that were made before?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    "Aside from a few loud places online" - I'm tired of these people talking shit about the fanbase...
    Let's say 60,000 people buy a comic.

How many of those actively post online enough to be considered "loud"?

Hardly "the fanbase".

BANNED

I guess by tone, most mean Quality of the Movie? Or was there sexual things in them? Didn't watch the new one.