Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Prepman > infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    tank missile....
    Maybe, but one thing's for sure; Bruce Wayne beats the ever-living hell out of Tony Stark man-to-man in hand-to-hand combat, minus all tech and armoured suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Maybe, but one thing's for sure; Bruce Wayne beats the ever-living hell out of Tony Stark man-to-man in hand-to-hand combat, minus all tech and armoured suits.
    Stunning comment.

Next up, Bruce Wayne can beat the ever living hell out of [insert super hero] man to man in hand to hand combat, minus all [their super hero stuff]
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Your friend is utterly and absolutely right.
    Out of the armor, Bruce would definitely win, but that doesn't make Tony an easy fight to win, dude has enough experience as a fighter to stand toe to toe against someone like Punisher for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    If you think Tony hasn't got his suits protected against EMP's you are sadly mistaken.
    Yep, a futurist with as much experience as he has plans for contingencies like this.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Another moved thread, thats great.

As for rumble purposes, with gear and/or prep, Tony absolutely destroys Bruce.

And even without gear Tony has been shown to manhandle Daredevil in his latest solo.

See I can agree with you that it would be a hard fight for Bruce but in general i do believe that in the end batman would come up with some strategy to beat Iron man and follow through with it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haywiredonut View Post
    See I can agree with you that it would be a hard fight for Bruce but in general i do believe that in the end batman would come up with some strategy to beat Iron man and follow through with it.
    The more restricted the scenario, the easier it is for Ironman. He can just blow Batman's head off. Make it a fight to the death in a steel cage, and it's no contest. There's little Batman can do there. (Although being the argumentative underdog lover I am, I can envision a 1 in a million shot for him there too).

The broader the parameters, the more you give a street-level strategist like Batman to work with. Give him an environment and an objective other than lethal combat. A scenario more likely to fit into a story is more fun and realistic anyways.

You're talking about one-sided prep here.
    Sure, why not.

But if Tony has knowledge, then I don't see how Bruce could pull it off, honestly.
    Tony is everything Bruce is and more.

Welcome to Rumbles.

Here we have a very specific set of rules about how these battles work (I heartily recommend checking them out in the stickied threads), and since this thread is now in Rumbles.... well, we're going to apply these rules.

We don't base results on "I think this because I prefer Batman," or "I think he'd find a way" or whatever. Personal opinions don't matter. What matters are feats - high-end feats that are consistent with the character's overall portrayal.

And here's the problem for Batman.

Batman is a fantastic combatant. No question. He is (along with Captain America) basically the poster-child for what we call CBPH (Comic Book Peak Human), and is an exceptional fighter. Intellectually, he's one of the smartest men in the DCU.

However....

While Tony Stark outside of the suit doesn't have Bruce's skill, he's nevertheless still highly skilled after years of training with people like Cap. But that's not the big problem here. The Extremis upgrade gives Tony outright superhuman reflexes. Assuming he could close the gap (we have a standard starting distance for these fights unless stated otherwise) before Bruce breaks out the gas or sonics, Tony would be hitting Bruce faster than he could react to. Bruce would be getting blitzed, as we call it.

And intellectually, Tony beats Bruce too. Marvel super-geniuses operate on a higher level than DC's guys (DC make up for it with superspeed bricks). Tony weaponised the sun, for example.

In the suit, it's a slaughter, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Sure, why not.

But if Tony has knowledge, then I don't see how Bruce could pull it off, honestly.
    Cool to see someone giving Tony his due. Tony's extremis armor had him flying up to Mach 8. If he is going that fast, he doesn't even have to hit Bruce. Just fly by him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Cool to see someone giving Tony his due. Tony's extremis armor had him flying up to Mach 8. If he is going that fast, he doesn't even have to hit Bruce. Just fly by him.
    He doesn't even need to find him.

he flies by some city blocks Bruce is hiding in, Bruce's in bad shape.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

bruce gets his face pushed in by tony. really, no contest here.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by bogotazo View Post
    ridiculous statement.
    y

------------

Sure, why not.

Not quite. It's just that a straight up fight, with or without prep, plays into Iron Man's strengths way more than Batman's. Tony stomps because he uses way greater tech and can create even greater tech with time.

Batman speaks God knows how many languages, is a better hacker, is arguably the best detective in his world, is better at stealth, has better martial skills, is a better trainer, is better at manipulating people, etc. Its just that none of that helps him enough in a straight up fight against Iron Man.

If Bruce Way *burp* Uh... Batman is butter, whyhowcome Tony c'n drunk him over *hic*... under THEEEE table?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan