Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Not too many surprises here. Marvel is actually putting some resources into building up IvX so it's nice to see them get some exposure in the top 10. It's also interesting to see Old Man Logan leapfrog Deadpool in sales. Could that be an effect of the Old Man Logan trailer? It's hard to say, but perhaps that movie, if it proves successful, will help Old Man Logan and X-23 gain ground against the Deadpool-dominated market.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Dear Marvel, Emma sells comics!
    I certainly hope that Marvel gets this message.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Not too many surprises here. Marvel is actually putting some resources into building up IvX so it's nice to see them get some exposure in the top 10. It's also interesting to see Old Man Logan leapfrog Deadpool in sales. Could that be an effect of the Old Man Logan trailer? It's hard to say, but perhaps that movie, if it proves successful, will help Old Man Logan and X-23 gain ground against the Deadpool-dominated market.

I certainly hope that Marvel gets this message.
    Actually Deadpool dropped in sales

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Maybe if Renew Your Vows keep selleing better than the main Spider-Man book Marvel will come around and undo that garbage of One More Day.
    I wish

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Over Joe Quesada's dead body, unfortunately. He loathes Peter and MJ's marriage.
    Unfortunately I think you're right. MJ and Peter's marriage isn't going to come back as long any time soon I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I can just hope... And anyone knows what has been happen with MJ? Please tell me that Bendis don't put her in a relationship with Tony Stark.
    Nope, he didn't. I'm not following any of the Iron books at the moment but the only Spider book she's in right now is in Renew Your Vows.

As for the topic, it's nice to see Old Man Logan doing well and I agree that Deadpool is being over-saturated (not that I really cared about the character in the first place though).

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Ouch.... that is heading into danger territory.
    it really isn't. 32,000 is well above cancellation level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    it really isn't. 32,000 is well above cancellation level.
    It had an 6k loss from last month, while books such as ANXM have stabilised around 32k sales (less than 1k loss per month), if it keeps on bleeding readers things might look dire

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    It had an 6k loss from last month, while books such as ANXM have stabilised around 32k sales (less than 1k loss per month), if it keeps on bleeding readers things might look dire
    'if' being the key word.

I think below 21,000 is cancellation territory these days.

Plus they don't have to sell as much when they're charging more for each issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Issue #15 had an artificial increase, whether it was a tie-in, variant or overship I am not sure, but it was higher than issue #14. Going back a bit I see issue #12 sold 39K, with a steady ~2K drop per issue which may have slowed down in the last issue or two.

Anyway, month to month sales need to be looked at much more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Plus they don't have to sell as much when they're charging more for each issue.
    The price hike though occured more then 5 years ago. Uncanny was in 70,000 territory when that happened. Before that Uncanny Was in the high 90,000. I don't think the price hike defence works anymore, it's just the nature of the comic book industry, perhaps digital sales too. But I think people are just not buying comics in general.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The price hike though occured more then 5 years ago. Uncanny was in 70,000 territory when that happened. Before that Uncanny Was in the high 90,000. I don't think the price hike defence works anymore, it's just the nature of the comic book industry, perhaps digital sales too. But I think people are just not buying comics in general.
    The market has not shrunk. At worst this year looks to be about the same as last, but at the previous 5 years have shown an increase in the market each year.

What is happening though is that the growth is coming from offering more titles and not from increasing the sales of any so-called flagships.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

What is happening though is that the growth is coming from offering more titles and not from increasing the sales of any so-called flagships.
    I think it is an alarming sign. To stay at a high level, Marvel need to create more and more individual comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think below 21,000 is cancellation territory these days.
    These days it's really normally below 17,000 to 11,000.
    As time goes on it will most likely be lower.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    These days it's really normally below 17,000 to 11,000.
    As time goes on it will most likely be lower.
    Certainly Marvel is taking into account the value of keeping a book around beyond the revenue it brings in directly. Most of these books are not being written, or more importantly drawn, by talent that could or should be selling in the 30K-50K (or higher range). The cancellation line was not just about losing money on a book but rather that talent and resources would be better spent on something that would sell. Marvel is putting so much stuff there isn't anything else they would be doing.

On the other hand, there are certainly books that if they got in that range would be cancelled or at the least would lose their artists.

BANNED

Now let's see how our distinguished competition aka the inhumans is doing...