Page 95 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    There are always some twists or particularities to be added to a powerset. Especially with young mutants whose power is growing.

Rubbermaid could have the ability to be more resistant the more she stretches.
    Or she could have been specialized into tying people up or constricting them. Maybe with the ability to even bind intangible beings.

Dryad could have been the Kurama/Usopp of New X-Men. Carrying several seeds, including some from Tabula Rasa or alien worlds, that she could throw at people and make grow into plants.

Tag could have been able to tag objects. Tag "repulsion" to a door and nobody can go through it. Tag "attraction" to a hand grenade and people go fetch it, even if it explodes in their face.

But the biggest waste will always be DJ's powers.

BTW, I checked the wikia and the powers of the depowered mutants are not listed. It's just a "none, they were depowered"
    Was it always like that or did somebody remove the power descriptions? Why not list them as "former powers"?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Brian...th-616)#Powers
    Scroll down. There is a Former Powers box below the power grid one.

Pariah Effect: Tag had a very unusual psionic ability. He was capable of tagging a person making the person become "it." When he touched someone he used a form of telepathy that caused them to emit a psionic signal making them a target for others to run away from or to run toward. He could choose the number of people who would be affected by this strange "tag" game.

Once during a training session he "tagged" Hellion of his squad making the new mutants squad run away from him while leaving his teammates unaffected.

The effect stopped when the victim or victims reached a distance of about 100 feet or so. This "tag" game could also work the other way around making all the people want to run toward the person he "tagged" and crumbling all together on top of the person "tagged".

The person "tagged" wasn't affected by his powers but all the others that he chose were compelled to do so without choice and usually they were fully aware of what was happening but weren't able to control themselves. His powers also worked in other ways like "tagging" a person to run away from himself if he desired him to do so. In this manner he "tagged" a person and the person just started to run away with no control whatsoever and he didn't even know why. When he touched someone he always said "you´re it!".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Scroll down. There is a Former Powers box below the power grid one.
    Oh, I missed that.
    Thanks for pointing it.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Cool that we saw some of the dead X-kids on that “Every Mutant Ever” Bagley cover. You can see it here: https://i2.wp.com/www.adventuresinpo...-minbagley.jpg

I’d say that this could possibly relate to HOXPOX/Dawn of X in some way but idk

Anole looks like the effing Impossible Man.

I swear it's getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Victor is morphing and he’s not going back. Rockslide is back to his gray Thing look.

THAT WAS HIM?!?!? I thought he was some obscure villain. They keep doing him so wrong.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Victor is morphing and he’s not going back. Rockslide is back to his gray Thing look.
    That whole cover is just definitive proof that Marvel doesn't bother giving its artists references to work from. I hope that changes now that JDW is talking about how coordinated the Dawn of X stuff is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    THAT WAS HIM?!?!? I thought he was some obscure villain. They keep doing him so wrong.
    I mean I assume so, we've seen him with ugly asparagus head enough times by now that I just assume any green skinned mutant with a deformed head is just the latest devolution of Victor

Most of the other main New and Young X-Men were there, even Laurie, Wither, Onyxx, Quill and Wolfcub. Forgetting Anole would be a big oversight

Fucking Julian

Being Anime Extra as usual
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

Fucking Julian

Being Anime Extra as usual
    For some reason, I always thought Julian was blonde. I didn't read most of the runs he is in. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    For some reason, I always thought Julian was blonde. I didn't read most of the runs he is in. I don't know why.
    Its because its his archtype

Draco Malfoy: Rich, elitists, misguided bully, Blonde

Johnny Lawrence: Rich, SoCal, misunderstood/misguided bully, Blonde

Flash Thompson: Misguided/misunderstood bully, jock, blonde

Funny thing Is I always kinda HC's that Julian dyes his hair black
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

lol, if he was really blond, wouldn't he have embraced it? The guy was a big Emma fan when he started out, that's why he's called Hellion.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean I assume so, we've seen him with ugly asparagus head enough times by now that I just assume any green skinned mutant with a deformed head is just the latest devolution of Victor

Most of the other main New and Young X-Men were there, even Laurie, Wither, Onyxx, Quill and Wolfcub. Forgetting Anole would be a big oversight
    Yeah, the only ones missing from the core two Academy X teams are Wind Dancer and Tag, right? Which is very odd considering Sofia was that book's main star prior to Decimation (when Surge took over as the lead in New X-Men and Sofia was written out).

Do we know why kyost didnt like Wind Dancer? Pretty sure she was gonna be killed off at one point in their run.

Esme and Sophie have a nice time out with their mum in House of X #3. Absolute recommend.