Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

You're sure he won? 'Cause I think he loosed: he was fired and writers are going to undone what he did. He enjoyed his power until he could, right now he is only a patetic looser trying to steal attenction.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    You're sure he won? 'Cause I think he loosed: he was fired and writers are going to undone what he did. He enjoyed his power until he could, right now he is only a patetic looser trying to steal attenction.
    Well at least in Wally's case, he's completely overshadowed by Barry in all mediums and he's being projected as a black person towards mainstream audience. That's what Didio wanted: change Wally completely so he can never be a threat to Barry's popularity.

If Wally (and not Wallace) gets his shot at live action or animation, then we can talk. He's not mentioned in Titans show, Stragirl series takes place in his hometown and there is not a single cameo from any Wests etc. Once this gets reversed, then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Beyond his preferences being different from mine, which I respect, he has sound reason for those preferences, I do think Didio had way too many hang ups to be in charge. I don't doubt his ability to make compromises when it came to working with others, he wouldn't have lasted long if he didn't. But it was alway clear that he was always stuck with a lot of concepts and baggage that he absolutely hated and it showed in some ugly way in the books.
    After 17 or 18 year run at the top he was long overdue to leave or be ousted because he was clearly running out of good ideas and what ideas he did have were not making money for DC and were unpopular with fans and/or some creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Well at least in Wally's case, he's completely overshadowed by Barry in all mediums and he's being projected as a black person towards mainstream audience. That's what Didio wanted: change Wally completely so he can never be a threat to Barry's popularity.

If Wally (and not Wallace) gets his shot at live action or animation, then we can talk. He's not mentioned in Titans show, Stragirl series takes place in his hometown and there is not a single cameo from any Wests etc. Once this gets reversed, then we can talk.
    Ok, I get what you mean. I was more focused on comics than others media. He absolutely should be in Titans show, he is the only one of the Original 5 missing and I hope he will come back in Young Justice season 4, too. Right now, the DCAU is ended, we can hope for a better one. Without Didio, this should be easier.

Astonishing Member

Well, by the way, Wally now has a very important role in Death Metal, unlike Barry. This may well be a good sign for the future character, the event is still important, whatever it may be.

Extraordinary Member

Re: His reasons for not liking Dick and Wally...Uh, yeah, not really sure those reasons hold up when we look at them more closely.

In regards to Wally, he says that his problem with the character is that he was always "dependent" on Barry Allen. Now, I think that over-exaggerates the meaning of "dependent" first off, but secondly it doesn't really jive as a "problem" that the character has. In fact, one of the things (featured heavily in Mark Waid's run) that made Wally relatable and in turn made him popular among fans is the fact that he was the legacy character who was always trying to prove himself a worthy successor. He was always running after this perfect idea of Barry Allen until eventually stepping out of Barry's shadow and then surpassing Barry in many regards. Again, that is what made Wally West as the Flash relatable in a way that not many characters could really say, not even Spider-Man.

So, while that may be a sound reason when planning a Flash film franchise, to start out with Barry as the Flash and then building up to Wally potentially taking over that role, I don't think it holds up as a reason to completely diminish Wally in the grand scheme of the DC Universe.

Now, regarding Dick, he says that Dick (and Wally) will get "older than Bruce Wayne at some point because Bruce doesn't age." Okay, here's the thing about that: according to who has Bruce not aged? Dude, I fully believe that present-day Bruce (in the comics) should consistently be portrayed as in his 40s at least. And that tracks with timeline purposes because not only has he had at least 4 Robins (not counting Stephanie) at this point but also has a 13-year-old son who wasn't alive when he started out as Batman. On top of that, it works for Dick Grayson's aging as a character. For example, if we say Dick was (at most) 14 when Bruce took him in as Robin, with Bruce being 26 (having started as Batman at 25 or so), then + 15 years would put Bruce around 41 and Dick at 29. Even if we put Bruce at 30 when he took Dick in, that'd still only make Bruce 45. That's young by today's standards. And this is all assuming that it's been for sure 15 years since Dick became Robin. Maybe it's only been 10 or maybe it's been 13 or 14.

The point is that someone should let Dan know that 40 is not "old" anymore. Because of shifting societal standards, 40 is essentially the new 30, and 30 is the new 20, and people in their early 20s are still considered teenagers basically.

I mean, it's basically like Spider-Man's relationship to the rest of the Marvel Universe. Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, and all of them were adults when Peter started out as Spidey at the age of 15. Peter is now in his late 20s/early 30s at least. Does that mean that the Avengers are just a bunch of old farts? No. Not really. That just means they're adults. I don't see how being an adult is a bad thing.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 06-24-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Comic characters shouldn't be stuck in a Simpsons loop where they literally never age, especially in a format that has reboots. It stops them from having interesting storylines to support so Didio get over it. Once your universe get's to old....then do a reboot and explore new avenues with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

I don't think that's significant enough to where there can't be a shift or change in direction. Mark Waid seemed confident in Wally's chances and I don't think TV!Wally is going to have much of an impact moving forward aside from being part of the reason Wallace exists.

BANNED

Anything can be undone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Anything can be undone.
    Even Pantha’s bouncing head?

Fantastic Member

I think the Titans will have a ongoing title again. Comics are in a constant cycle it just takes one writer with a good pitch to get the ball rolling and management willing to let it happen. With Didio gone I can see this being more likely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Even Pantha’s bouncing head?
    If a writer wants to use Pantha, she'll show up again without explanation.

Fantastic Member

I had to look Pantha up to remember who she was. I liked her in the Teen Titans animated show.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If a writer wants to use Pantha, she'll show up again without explanation.
    Assuming an editor lets them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by agent z View Post
    assuming an editor lets them.
    this right here