Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really liked Judas Contract.

But I understand that we had two very different opinions on the shared universe films so I get why you'd be less enthused about the possibility of a shared universe Batman film adapting Long Halloween (even if the shared universe aspect probably wouldn't even be relevant the way I'm expecting them to do it). I have no expectations until I actually see how they're handling it one way or another.
    I have no expectations either, we don't even know if there will be a new shared universe, or when it'll start, which movies will be included if there is, much less if Man of Tomorrow or Long Halloween will be a part of it. I mean there's so many hypotheticals that expecting anything specific is somewhat of an exercise in wild goose chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have no expectations either, we don't even know if there will be a new shared universe, or when it'll start, which movies will be included if there is, much less if Man of Tomorrow or Long Halloween will be a part of it. I mean there's so many hypotheticals that expecting anything specific is somewhat of an exercise in wild goose chasing.
    What we do seem to have a strong indication of:
    spoilers:
    Is there's likely going to be a Brainiac tease and some kind of interconnecting image from the DVD spine's that has Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers

Is it just me or are they lacking on the Superman side of things

What we do seem to have a strong indication of:
    spoilers:
    Is there's likely going to be a Brainiac tease and some kind of interconnecting image from the DVD spine's that has Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers
    Connected spine artwork could just be a marketing gimmick to help push the sales of physical copies - the films don't have to share a universe to share art and marketing strategy. And even if they did it still doesn't tell us which films will be in continuity. Again, there's a lot we don't know.

But I'm going to continue to hope that my favorite stories never ever get adapted into a shared universe, because as you said my experience with the shared films haven't been half as positive as the unshared films. I'd rather never get the Long Halloween adapted than have it be part of the last universe, and I have no reason to change my opinion on that yet just because there's been a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Is it just me or are they lacking on the Superman side of things
    The Fandome? Yep. But we knew it was a long shot going in. They're not going to announce a Man of Steel 2, and a videogame is unlikely.

The Fandome? Yep. But we knew it was a long shot going in. They're not going to announce a Man of Steel 2, and a videogame is unlikely.
    Do you think they are saving it or is that just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking. At best the rumors have said Cavill might cameo in other people’s movies, and if he’s well received then he might get a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wishful thinking. At best the rumors have said Cavill might cameo in other people’s movies, and if he’s well received then he might get a movie
    At this point I rather it be a reboot or sit him out. Thata just insulting.

IGN will be hosting a panel on the movie tomorrow.
    Connected spine artwork could just be a marketing gimmick to help push the sales of physical copies - the films don't have to share a universe to share art and marketing strategy. And even if they did it still doesn't tell us which films will be in continuity. Again, there's a lot we don't know.
    I think it makes more sense that they might use it to distinguish the Lukic films from the Elseworld's films. I'm not expecting to see the next part of the image on the spine of Soul of the Dragon.

Wishful thinking. Best we can hope is some animated movies when they announce next year's slate. Anything beyond that I wouldn't hold my breath.

IGN will be hosting a panel on the movie tomorrow.

I think it makes more sense that they might use it to distinguish the Lukic films from the Elseworld's films. I'm not expecting to see the next part of the image on the spine of Soul of the Dragon.
    Well if you're right, I hope that the spine for Long Halloween is very plain. Along with most other adaptations of stories of note.

Wishful thinking. Best we can hope is some animated movies when they announce next year's slate. Anything beyond that I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I have been disappointed this whole time. They keep putting his music but there has been absolutly nothing from the Superman universe. Idk.feels like a insult

I have been disappointed this whole time. They keep putting his music but there has been absolutly nothing from the Superman universe. Idk.feels like a insult
    Eh, I'm not interested in any news unless they reboot and recast. Cavill is done.

Well if you're right, I hope that the spine for Long Halloween is very plain. Along with most other adaptations of stories of note.
    If Man of Tomorrow is any indication, it'll probably be two characters and maybe some body part of the Trinity.

They'll reboot eventually, but not anytime soon. Cavill's definitely done but I think the very idea of movie-Superman is as well for a while. Outside of the possible non-Kal-El route.

Dwayne Johnson teased something about Black Adam vs. Superman on Twitter but I dont' think it means much, came across as a "wishlist" type post.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-22-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El