Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Is this a joke?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/...dern-makeover/

If not, that's horrible! I only read Suske & Wiske as a child when it was published in a magazine called YPS (Pif Gadget in France, I think), but that makeover puts every Marvel or DC reboot into perspective.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Is this a joke?

If not, that's horrible! I only read Suske & Wiske as a child when it was published in a magazine called YPS (Pif Gadget in France, I think), but that makeover puts every Marvel or DC reboot into perspective.
    Ugh, that looks horrible.

Btw, bought several French BD over the weekend, which hopefully should be picked up by English publishers soon. Read "Moi, assassin", "Undertaker pt. 1" and part of "Le Mort de Staline" so far, and they are nothing short of excellent.

- "Undertaker" is advertised as a successor to Blueberry. And while Meyer's art is sometimes a bit static compared to Giraud, in general I have to agree. It has the same kind of tone, gritty realism and at the same time humour that Blueberry had.

- "Moi, assassin" has shortlistec for a prize at Angouleme (dunno which one), and rightly so. It's about a serial killer who is also a professor on Renaissance art and - connected to this - sees his murders as a work of art. And while he is very meticulous in planning his murders, his other, normal life escapes his control more and more until the two collide. Very, very dark.

- "Le Mort de Staline" fictionalises the events in the Kremlin surrounding Stalin's death - though a lot of what is depicted is based on fact. It is full of bizarre intrigues and black humour. All in all an excellent book.

Concerning the other books, "Buffalo Runner" is a beautiful western by Tiburce Oger (found an oversized version that has about the same dimensions as the Humanoids oversized versions of The Incal or Barbarella) and "Un Ocean D'Amour" is a wordless GN by Wilfrid Lupano (who also wrote "The Hartlepool Monkey"), that has also won some award already, afaik.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 02-17-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Is this a joke?

"Asterix by Todd McFarlane" or "Lucky Luke by Alex Ross" would be equally shocking
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    "Asterix by Todd McFarlane" or "Lucky Luke by Alex Ross" would be equally shocking
    well, the later probably would be something like this:

But I just can't dare to imagine how a McFarlane Asterix would look like

Haha, this would be worth a hole new thread actually: Imagine if x would be drawn by y :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post

I'd actually buy Lucky Luke by Ross haha
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Is this a joke?

Nope. No joke. It was a huge huge huge hit for the publisher in the Dutch speaking countries! The reviews were also pretty good. I think a fourth volume is still due to appear.

Amazing Member

Has there been any news or rumour of any upcoming Asterix special editions in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    Has there been any news or rumour of any upcoming Asterix special editions in the US?
    Not that I know of. I think another Omnibus is next, but that's about it. I have looked into the "Grand Collection" being published in English since I am missing a few German volumes of those that have gone OOP, but there's nothing whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    What!!? They're back?

And the Oversized Deluxe edition is already planned as well http://www.amazon.fr/Ast%C3%A9rix-Al...447109&sr=1-16

Amazing Member

Not that I know of. I think another Omnibus is next, but that's about it. I have looked into the "Grand Collection" being published in English since I am missing a few German volumes of those that have gone OOP, but there's nothing whatsoever.
    Thank you. It is a shame to hear that. I have a few of the old paperbacks (which are 8000 miles away). It doesn't look like they will be reprinting the HC omnibuses. So I plan to get the individual hardcovers.

Amazing Member

Is this a joke?

-----------------------

Amoras,

Spinoff / alternate reality / time travel
    I have them in my collection
    There are already 4 parts in dutch, 4 issues to go.

It's definitely different:
    Partial nudity
    Death, death and more death

Interesting take and I am entertained.
    But it is a veeery slooooow story and imo major character assasination concerning Lambiek/Ambrose in the last issue

I have to say this looks bloody amazing. Coming in May from Magnetic Press: A Glance Backward (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/...edium=facebook)

Eleven-year-old Pepe’s world turns inside out when he finds himself pulled inside the walls of his own home, seemingly trapped in a strange and surreal place. As he searches for a way out, he discovers a myriad of strange, intriguing, and frightening characters, who ultimately lead him to complete the greatest journey of them all: growing up. A powerful coming of age tale everyone can identify with.

Last edited by MartinNL; 02-20-2015 at 12:49 PM.

and a few more...