Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How long were Peter and Cindy actually a couple?

Whenever I see Spiderman and Silk paired up they act like some sort of ex married couple but was their relationship even that long? I remember when Cindy first appeared they kept wanting to spider hump and presumably they became official at some point then ended, when did this happen and how long did it last? Were Peter and MJ on a break at this point or have they been broken up for ages? His relationship history confuses me.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

As I recall they were never a couple. They just shared a preternatural sexual attraction for each other. To me it didn't seem that they like each other very much and avoided each other as much as possible.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

They probably had a one night stand and thats it.

They produce pheromones that make them attracted to each other. They keep away from each other because of this, as they don't love each other at all (they barely know each other) but when they do meet, they end up unable to control themselves. Really, Cindy needs to use the same perfume Jessica uses (she produces pheromones too, which make all men attracted to her).

They were drawn together purely by spider-pheromones and the writers, realizing it was a bad idea, dropped it the second she got her own ongoing and did away with any of the artificial sexual/romantic tension Peter and Cindy had in her debut.

It was as much of a relationship as Peter had with that Lian Tang woman, which is to say...not much of one.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    As I recall they were never a couple. They just shared a preternatural sexual attraction for each other. To me it didn't seem that they like each other very much and avoided each other as much as possible.
    Pretty much my thoughts. I don't recall them ever even having a date let alone a couple type relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts. I don't recall them ever even having a date let alone a couple type relationship.
    Well, if you don't count Spider-pheromones making them want to jump on each others bones a "couple-type relationship" .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if you don't count Spider-pheromones making them want to jump on each others bones a "couple-type relationship" .
    Nah. I don't count that. I just count that as some silly idea that Slott had at the time personally. If it wasn't for Robbie Thompson doing, IMO, such a good job with the Silk book I'd probably have lost all interest in the character by now.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

It was just hormone/pheromones, not a committed relationship.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

BANNED

They were drawn together purely by spider-pheromones and the writers, realizing it was a bad idea, dropped it the second she got her own ongoing and did away with any of the artificial sexual/romantic tension Peter and Cindy had in her debut.

It was as much of a relationship as Peter had with that Lian Tang woman, which is to say...not much of one.
    Personally, I don't think it's that bad of an idea, as it permanently rules out a relationship between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's that bad of an idea, as it permanently rules out a relationship between the two.
    Well, I guess there's a silver lining .

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Nah. I don't count that. I just count that as some silly idea that Slott had at the time personally. If it wasn't for Robbie Thompson doing, IMO, such a good job with the Silk book I'd probably have lost all interest in the character by now.
    It is a good book I enjoy a bit of comedy in a character when done well but the sales don't seem to be doing so stellar from what I heard.

See this is why the dating record of Peter confuses me lol, it's like did they date? Were they just FWB's? He just collects women, redheads,Asians,midgets whatever he can get his hands on.

But yeah Cindy seems to talk about Peter like an ex and Peter seems to be protective of her even if that whole pheromone thing was the extent of their interactions together so I felt like there was some big part of the story I was missing apart from a pretty terribad debut story she had.
    Last edited by Moondoggie; 01-11-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Spider-Verse. She was the Bride and needed to be protected, remember? Once that crisis was over, she got her own book, and apart from the events of Spider-Fly Effect, he's kept away from her since.

On-panel, they were never really a couple per say, just attracted to one another via an instinctual attraction. As for anything that happened over the 8 month timeskip, who knows? Cindy did describe Peter as her ex in her solo once.