Page 117 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2012
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A 256 or 300 pager-that has say 5-10 complete stories for say $10.
    They couldn't sell a 256 page comic for $10 and make a profit, even if it was all reprint.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    They couldn't sell a 256 page comic for $10 and make a profit, even if it was all reprint.
    This^

Hard to find the spot that worthwhile for everyone involved. Thats the shonen way I think, however... it might have to be in Black and white, or have cheap paper or something. Idk

Also...

1 Young Justice
    2 Duke Thomas
    3 Question
    4 Zantana
    5 Hal Jordan
    6 Gem World
    7 JSA
    8 Lobo
    9 & 10 Do a two parter batman or Superman story.
    Hal has his own book and its successful thats why I suggested "Guy", but it could be kyle or Simon or whoever.

As a mention though The way you guys talk on here about duke Thomas in other threads gives met he idea that he is so HATED
    for his skin color that it wold cause people the millions of bigots to NOT buy this collected book runinng it
    So which is the truth (^_^). Likely not the thing you constantly doggedly seem to protest... but... Pm your response if you have one I don't wanna derail the thread too far.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Incredible Member

Well they are doing giants for $5. I get the swampthing one.. its ok... new story by mark russell was decent, len wein reprint is old school B movie nonsense - its pretty fun, constantine reprint is an ok story, i wouldnt like to have bought it for $4 but as part of a package its fine, paul dini's zatana story was a fat lot of nothing. But $5 4 stories (+ a short), new story 3 reprints, nicely packaged.

People are saying wheres the anthologies, wheres the cheap newstand books - this is exacy what they are trying to do to see if it will work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    This^

Hard to find the spot that worthwhile for everyone involved. Thats the shonen way I think, however... it might have to be in Black and white, or have cheap paper or something. Idk

Hal has his own book and its successful thats why I suggested "Guy", but it could be kyle or Simon or whoever.

As a mention though The way you guys talk on here about duke Thomas in other threads gives met he idea that he is so HATED
    for his skin color that it wold cause people the millions of bigots to NOT buy this collected book runinng it
    So which is the truth (^_^). Likely not the thing you constantly doggedly seem to protest... but... Pm your response if you have one I don't wanna derail the thread too far.
    Archie doesn't seem to have an issue selling digests. When you can find them.

Now the downside to them and this is my issue with DC Collections. Too much stuff that has already been reprinted to death is in them. Now Archie will REDEDIT a story in a minute. I have seen Archie stories from 1950 with Chuck Clayton (Reggie got edited out) in them. Chuck did not show up until 1970s. Or Chuck gets his hairstyle changed. Saw that in 3 digests from the same story Chuck with different hair.

Stories like Batman Hush have enough trades out there at a decent price is not needed in a collection that has parts of it.

As for Duke-a certain comment about being better than Robin really set some Tim Drake fans off. Now why I saw a call to boycott Batman over Duke in the X-forums (before it was deleted) is another story. Along with claims he ruined the franchise. You can't ruin a franchise in one page cameos and being MIA in a book for a year. You can't scream too many Batfolks when Duke is arrives all the sudden. A character that has not done anything shouldn't be attracting hate. Especially after hearing " I read batman for 30 years I draw the line at that (insert slur)."
    I could understand if he knocked out Bruce and wore the suit for the next 50 issues. But when all your appearances in the main Batman would fill up 4 books-why the fits?

And Duke sums up the issue at DC-too many battles of who should used and who shouldn't. Led by those who have ZERO intent of buying said books.

Shooting down anthologies-you won't know if you don't try.

What good is Jo and Hal with books for Green Lantern? How does that help the others? Hal Jordan and TGLC alienated most of them (thank you Ethan).

Now why can't a 300 pg GL book at $10 work? Use the same creative team?

Incredible Member

As for Duke-a certain comment about being better than Robin really set some Tim Drake fans off. Now why I saw a call to boycott Batman over Duke in the X-forums (before it was deleted) is another story. Along with claims he ruined the franchise. You can't ruin a franchise in one page cameos and being MIA in a book for a year. You can't scream too many Batfolks when Duke is arrives all the sudden. A character that has not done anything shouldn't be attracting hate. Especially after hearing " I read batman for 30 years I draw the line at that (insert slur)."
    I could understand if he knocked out Bruce and wore the suit for the next 50 issues. But when all your appearances in the main Batman would fill up 4 books-why the fits?

And Duke sums up the issue at DC-too many battles of who should used and who shouldn't. Led by those who have ZERO intent of buying said books.

Shooting down anthologies-you won't know if you don't try.

What good is Jo and Hal with books for Green Lantern? How does that help the others? Hal Jordan and TGLC alienated most of them (thank you Ethan).

Now why can't a 300 pg GL book at $10 work? Use the same creative team?
    Thats all part of diversity - if people want a diverse range of books then a diverse range of opinions on those books is the fallout. Race, religion, politics, sexuality, gender, art, style etc - all the things that create diversity are also the things that create arguments.

Comics have always been a political and social issue - because images can trasmit ideas fast and to the 'less literate' / working class / whatever the correct term is so they have always carried an element of danger / anarchy / social disturbance.

The day people arent bitching on about comics is the day theyve been completely neutered.

So Terrifics, Harley Quinn and Supergirl are ending soon, along with the Jimmy Olsen/Lois Lane mini, and Williamson is wrapping up his Flash run. And I think Green Lantern, while extended has a set end date too. I think there's likely something on the other end of this. I don't feel like many of the heroes besides maybe Superman are getting replaced but I can see there being a relaunch of some kind in the begining of 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So Terrifics, Harley Quinn and Supergirl are ending soon, along with the Jimmy Olsen/Lois Lane mini, and Williamson is wrapping up his Flash run. And I think Green Lantern, while extended has a set end date too. I think there's likely something on the other end of this. I don't feel like many of the heroes besides maybe Superman are getting replaced but I can see there being a relaunch of some kind in the begining of 2021.
    That I agree, I can’t say what form it will take because a lot of things this year both in and out of dc has thrown things for a crazy loop. All we really know is that Death Metal is apparently supposed to be a big “anti-crisis” and “untie the knots in history” that I can’t see anything other then a big relaunch for probably about every title except for those that just started, like Legion and maybe Young Justice. But again hard to say.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    What I expect to happen is there will be a bunch of Death Metal tie-ins while the next creative teams prep for the post Death Metal relaunch that I guarantee is coming. I wanna say it will be a linewide relaunch, DC hasn’t had one since 2016 with Rebirth so I feel like now is the time, especially with sales being as low as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What I expect to happen is there will be a bunch of Death Metal tie-ins while the next creative teams prep for the post Death Metal relaunch that I guarantee is coming. I wanna say it will be a linewide relaunch, DC hasn’t had one since 2016 with Rebirth so I feel like now is the time, especially with sales being as low as they are.
    I guess they held out as long as they could...it seems like around the line-wide 50 issue mark (more or less) is where DC decides to relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they held out as long as they could...it seems like around the line-wide 50 issue mark (more or less) is where DC decides to relaunch.
    Hey Harley Quinn hit 75 issues! What was the last Marvel series to do that? It’s been 4 years so I’m cool with it, I don’t feel like they’ve been abusing the relaunch bump, and after this pandemic the industry could really use it.

Hey Harley Quinn hit 75 issues! What was the last Marvel series to do that? It’s been 4 years so I’m cool with it, I don’t feel like they’ve been abusing the relaunch bump, and after this pandemic the industry could really use it.
    Oh man, she did. Wow .

I heard the current series is ending. I’m sure it will be relaunched soon.

Astonishing Member

Now why can't a 300 pg GL book at $10 work?
    Because every copy would sell at a significant loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh man, she did. Wow .
    Lmao right? And Batman, Flash, and WW are all around 100 issues I think? So yeah DC can do a relaunch, I’m cool with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I heard the current series is ending. I’m sure it will be relaunched soon.
    Yep 75 is Humphries last issue and finale for the series. There will probably be some Harley Quinn: Death Metal tie-ins and then a relaunch post DM. So many series I think are going to be ending soon and will be relaunched soon after Death Metal. Red Hood is ending with issue 50. So I expect Harley, Red Hood, and Flash will be relaunched along with series that wrapped up a while back like Deathstroke, Green Arrow, etc.

Welp, I caught up on everything and now I just feel 70% sure this whole thing is still happening, that recent BC article almost got me but I had to separate the scoop from the assumptions.