Page 146 of 695 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    yes so what? lmao it's not like there have been any dc animated movies lately which would have been worth my money anyway
    Very true.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Rumored 'Black Lightning' Plot Details Leak - http://comicbook.com/2017/02/15/blac...-details-leak/
    Curious to see who they cast for Jefferson given they're going with a "40-year old" principal direction for him, so they won't be skewing as young as one would expect from a CW lead.

I was hoping Terrence Howard would get a crack at being Black lightning but i think he has other commitments. Oh well.

Astonishing Member

I'm happy that they're going with the family approach to Black Lightning. I'm guessing we'll get Thunder and Lightning by Season 2, going by CW's usual modus operandi. I do wonder how much of a role both of the girls will play

Also, here's the cast breakdown:

JEFFERSON PIERCE:
    “Male, African-American, late 30s to 50. Handsome, fit, with an athletic build. Former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his student and hero to the local community. JEFFERSON is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife LYNN. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Think Idris Elba. LEAD.

JENNIFER:
    Female. African-American, LEGAL 18 to play 16. JEFFERSON’s younger daughter. JENNIFER is a scholar athlete; beautiful with a lean, athletic runner’s build. She is the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak. SERIES REGUALR, ASP.

ANISSA:
    Female. African-American, to play 22. JEFFERSON’s elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent; intense and passionate. ANISSA has a great respect for her father. ANISA balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part time teacher at JEFFERSON’s school. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.

LYNN: Female, African-American, mid 30s to 50. Exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with. Can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.

Anyone else seen this?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-16-2017 at 06:58 PM.

I finished watching all the episodes so far of the new Justice League Action show. I have to admit, when I first heard about it and episodes being just 11 minutes I wasn't impressed, but after watching it. Wow! It is really excellent. Great for old and new fans. And I'm being introduced to some characters I never really knew about. Plastic Man, Booster Gold (played DC Universe recently too and I first found out about Booster but I really like this character!), Zatanna, Blue Beatle and Firestorm were all stand out characters!

I had my reservations regarding Action too, but it really won me over. The crisp and succinct writing keeps impressing.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

http://deadline.com/2017/02/scalped-...ot-1201914676/

Alex Meraz has been cast as series protagonist Dashiell Bad Horse in the TV adaptation of Vertigo's Scalped series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Curious to see who they cast for Jefferson given they're going with a "40-year old" principal direction for him, so they won't be skewing as young as one would expect from a CW lead.
    Yeah, would have expected CW to change that (they still could..hopefully they won't). Older superhero will family is far more interesting
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    I finished watching all the episodes so far of the new Justice League Action show. I have to admit, when I first heard about it and episodes being just 11 minutes I wasn't impressed, but after watching it. Wow! It is really excellent. Great for old and new fans. And I'm being introduced to some characters I never really knew about. Plastic Man, Booster Gold (played DC Universe recently too and I first found out about Booster but I really like this character!), Zatanna, Blue Beatle and Firestorm were all stand out characters!
    really? plas and booster were already shown?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    really? plas and booster were already shown?
    Plas and Booster both showed up in the Shazam Slam special that kicked off the show .

I also believe Plastic Man had a focus episode, "Plastic Man Saves the Day," recently air in another country...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Terry Crews would be perfect!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Justice League Gods and Mortals has a trade out and I really liked the movie, has anyone read it? Is it worth picking up?

Mighty Member

Cress Williams Set as 'Black Lightning' for The CW's Greg Berlanti DC Drama

The CW has found its Black Lightning hero in a familiar face.

Hart of Dixie alum Cress Williams will return to the network with the starring role in Greg Berlanti's latest DC Comics drama Black Lightning, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The drama, originally developed at Fox but ordered to pilot at CW, revolves around Jefferson Pierce (Williams), who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend — Black Lightning.

The drama is based on the DC Character Black Lightning created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden.

The Game duo Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil will pen the script and exec produce the drama alongside Greg Berlanti and his Warner Bros. Television-based Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter.

For Williams, repped by APA and manager Sinclair Jones, the role brings the actor back to The CW two years after Hart of Dixie wrapped its four-season run. His credits include Code Black, Friday Night Lights, Prison Break, ER, Close to Home and Nash Bridges. He becomes the latest star to take on an iconic DC Comics character for The CW and joins Stephen Amell (Arrow), Grant Gustin (The Flash) and Melissa Benoist (Supergirl), among others.
    source