Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Agreed with Sue. I can’t understand why some people would have any issue with how she reacted. Honestly, she remained more self controlled then I thought she would have. I figured she would have reacted much sooner considering the circumstances.

Reeds decision to prevent Franklin from going to Krakoa was definitely shady to an extent. It was a classic example of a parent doing what they thought was best without taking the child’s thoughts or feelings into account. Definitely wrong on some and right on another...just depends on which side of the fence you’re on.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Agreed with Sue. I can’t understand why some people would have any issue with how she reacted. Honestly, she remained more self controlled then I thought she would have. I figured she would have reacted much sooner considering the circumstances.

Reeds decision to prevent Franklin from going to Krakoa was definitely shady to an extent. It was a classic example of a parent doing what they thought was best without taking the child’s thoughts or feelings into account. Definitely wrong on some and right on another...just depends on which side of the fence you’re on.
    Agreed on both counts. I have often disagreed with Reed...finding myself more and more in disagreement with Charles though. My guess is that sooner rather than later his ends justify means approach is going to create a schism on Fantasy Island.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Sue's always been the better angel compared to Reed but I do disagree with Zdarky's having Reed to that to Franklin. But setting that aside, those children have grown in the time they were away helping rebuild a universe. Granted, Franklin is acting up now but I think Reed needs to demonstrate trust in him instead of doing things covertly like that. At least he realizes his mistake. Franklin isn't 5 years old....he's almost an adult. If Franklin doesn't trust his father than who can he trust? Sometimes I wonder if it was a mistake to have them home schooled. They made attempt at putting him in a private school with some protections in place but that was way back in the Loeb/Marin/Pacheco run IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    To me, resorting to physical when they're all super-powered action figures is a dangerous move. Franklin and Val could have been hurt if Magneto responded in their home. But it's par for the course with hero-hero stories.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    To me, resorting to physical when they're all super-powered action figures is a dangerous move. Franklin and Val could have been hurt if Magneto responded in their home. But it's par for the course with hero-hero stories.
    It's not a rational choice. I'm a pacifist but come to my house and say you're there for my kid and it will get physical.

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    It's not a rational choice. I'm a pacifist but come to my house and say you're there for my kid and it will get physical.
    Even if it's to help your teenager fix a Still unsolvable problem??
    GrindrStone(D)

Oh c'mon it's not like they were there to take him, they were talking to them. This was not a Captain America/Hope Summers kind of approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh c'mon it's not like they were there to take him, they were talking to them. This was not a Captain America/Hope Summers kind of approach.
    The last time Xavier had something to say to the FF, he went alone, if I reckon well…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Do you not see the issue with the statement you put forward?

BANNED

Exactly.

Why are we acting like what Sue did to Magneto is justified when all she did was overreacted because Magneto complimented Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The last time Xavier had something to say to the FF, he went alone, if I reckon well…
    Charles got a lot of crap for galavanting around by himself which led to his death. He needs his secret service now.

"Quit ditching your secret service detail to slip into strip clubs, Charles!"

Oh come on, if it was just Charles it might have been chat, but you don't bring a full squad including Logan and Eric to just shoot the breeze.

Oh come on, if it was just Charles it might have been chat, but you don't bring a full squad including Logan and Eric to just shoot the breeze.
    But then they wouldn’t have had a classic superhero misunderstanding battle. That’s just not how things are done around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    But then they wouldn’t have had a classic superhero misunderstanding battle. That’s just not how things are done around here.
    Right on! Plus you know anywhere mutants go a Sentinel shows up. You need firepower!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why is that any teenager's job? It's selfish and doesn't consider just how dangerous that pressure on the kid would be, especially given just what Charles wants him for.