Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Selene, the Black Queen Appreciation 2020

As the old thread is from 2020... letīs speak about the (IMHO) worst villain in the X Men, the Lady Selene.

She will be showing in X-Men Empyre #3

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Not the shade in the appreciation intro X.X

Let's bow down to Granny Selene

So far we have seen her at Captain America...the story is OKish (I am assuming it takes place pre-Krakoa. If not the Council will not be happy with her Power Elite and she keeping the old naughty habit of eating people...). The Art is terrible at the Capt America series though.. Selene deserves much better...

she's baaaack

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank you Veitha.
    My Moon Goddess reigns supreme!!!
    Selene 02.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If she ever in another X-Men Film Eva Green would be my top pick to play Selene.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can't wait to see her use her mutant powers, in Empyre X-3
    It's been so loooooooooonnnnngggggggg!!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Why is she bothering Captain America again? lol not that I mind, I'm glad at least one write has an interest in using her.

She got involved in a rather insipid saga that is currently taking place in C.America... one has the feeling the writers donīt know how to get out of there... If Art was acceptable at least we would get to see a properly drawn Selene... but the Moon Goddess wearing that shirt? come on....

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    If she ever in another X-Men Film Eva Green would be my top pick to play Selene.
    And now I can't unsee this! Eva Green is a fantastic actress and I love to have her play any mutant, but I agree that Selene in particular would be a perfect fit.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I would also love to know what she's been up to in Captain America as I haven't been reading it?

Was just reading some old Exiles issues and this AR Selene was rather Entertaining. “I just love guests who don’t overstay their welcome.” Love that line!

A0820F26-D6B3-48EC-B8ED-239F74DCE68F.jpg
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm glad Selene will be doing things finally. Her tier means just in background as a character to be described or referenced almost in a joking way (lol we even got Selene on Krakoa, she can feed safe now isnt that cute) is really not enough!

I was waiting for something from her, I had thought she would appear in Marauders since an early data page had a "Sinister Secret" that seemed to be talking about her.

For me Selene and Madelyne Pryor are the two preeminent villainesses. Mystique is a more grounded character and with a more mixed/noble set of motivations. And Emma Frost is just... not a villain really anymore. There aren't too many others that are notable.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

I'm curious once Cap and his team take down Selene and her plan, if she gonna call diplomatic immunity or something like she can only be trialed in krakoa. that wont paint the mutants right.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

awesome - she is my favourite x-villain