Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’ve always felt Warpath, M, Beast, and others with super-“bodies” all shared the same mutant power, but each branched off in different ways. Beast never developed flight, but instead grew enhanced hands and feet. Warpath never developed the intellect like the others, but grew super-senses. M’s developed perfectly, granting intellect, strength, invulnerability, flight.

M doesn’t need psychic powers. That’s the first thing I’d take away. I *would* make all three invulnerable to telepathy as a trade off, though.
    So like Force projection or Physiological perfection. I dont mind the psionic powers for M if she is considered a psionic who powers are focused through her physical body. I think her being a psionic energy transducer could explain her abilities. I mean it seems all St. Croix are some what psionic with other powers but they also have a very strong physical mutation i.e. the merging. I would might have that be a secondary mutation that each has.

BANNED

I like Maggott's weird-ass look and powers. Mutants should be mutants! They can make him cool if they take a Morrison-esque approach and lean into the weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Thats the point lol. If we had a lot of Black male characters then he could stay as he is but with the limited rep in the x books.Every Brotha needs to be at his best. We dont have time for no clown like characters. His original visual was dope but then as we got into they made him a joke.. This also happened with Random too.
    Then create a new character to fill that void. Maggot's powers are fine as is. They can buff him but they shouldnt take away from him

I agree with the others, Maggot should stay the way he is. Yes he's weird but he's not useless weird. Also weird powers give the writer a chance to get creative.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Then create a new character to fill that void. Maggot's powers are fine as is. They can buff him but they shouldnt take away from him
    Trust me If I had the power to create characters it would. But since I dont, I do what we all do on here, wish and hope and pray.

I like Maggott's powers, it's like a weird and unique mix of Matter-Eater Lad and Popeye

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman's edict is NO NEW CHARACTERS according to Leah Williams. So who knows how long before that ban is lifted.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Hickman's edict is NO NEW CHARACTERS according to Leah Williams. So who knows how long before that ban is lifted.
    Really? No new characters.. I wonder will the use all the forgotten and dead ones then.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I agree with the others, Maggot should stay the way he is. Yes he's weird but he's not useless weird. Also weird powers give the writer a chance to get creative.
    Except that he's not in the books in any visible capacity.

The request is for X-Men books to have more exposure of male mutants of color. There has to be a reason he's not selected as a featured agent on any X-adjacent team. His "weirdness" is counter to his heroic appeal. "Changing his powers" is a pessimistic interpretation of character development via power expansion. Were he to BECOME a Pestilence-like character, he would feature in an X-Book either as a victim or villain --visible capacities.

I think her being a psionic energy transducer could explain her abilities.
    I suppose, but then you'd have to waste page space explaining what a "psionic energy transducer" is. She's a gorgeous genius flying brick. People know the traditional superhero powerset, just give it to her.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-22-2019 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

Thats the point lol. If we had a lot of Black male characters then he could stay as he is but with the limited rep in the x books.Every Brotha needs to be at his best. We dont have time for no clown like characters. His original visual was dope but then as we got into they made him a joke.. This also happened with Random too.
    That's the writers fault
    Not the character

Cypher just translates languages and gera features more

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Maggott would be so dope if like each of his eyeballs flew out of their sockets like dragonflies, and his stomach slugs still ate all matter, and he could do the dope Pestillence thing where he can spit a whole ass swarm of gnats or grubs lived under his finger nails etc..

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    German is an ethnic group, too.

Is Nightcrawler a minority in this regard in Germany? Nope.

In America? I’m willing to entertain discussion.
    As a kid I always thought X-men was the most diverse group of heroes ever.
    Diverse because they had people from different parts of the world in the team through different iterations and have different culture.

Though in present day, diversity seems to be narrowed down to skin color and sometimes sexual orientation.
    Like Colossus/Nightcrawler/Banshee aren't considered diverse in the sense of Russian/German/Irish but instead White Male/Caucasian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cajun2de View Post
    Diverse because they had people from different parts of the world in the team through different iterations and have different culture.

Though in present day, diversity seems to be narrowed down to skin color and sometimes sexual orientation.
    Like Colossus/Nightcrawler/Banshee aren't considered diverse in the sense of Russian/German/Irish but instead White Male/Caucasian.
    Well, since we’re both white and male, I (an American born) obviously have a lot in common with Hans Fraudenladershplat* from Berlin.

*No offense meant to any Fraudenladershplat’s if I butchered the spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun2de View Post

On some level you are right but lets play along with this theory

Colossus, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Magneto, Iceman, Cyclops, Jean Grey.

This is an amazingly diverse team and this is what they would be pushing at us still today. You have a woman, a man with a disability, A gay man, A Jewish man, A german man, an Irish man and Russsian man. I agree that is a form of diversity but imo that can be the first form of diversity that is being pushed given context things that have happened in the world. Let's look at a different team

Karma, Sunspot, Neal Shara, Besty Braddock, Moonstar, Manifold, Dust

4 women, 3 men. You have Vietenmese lesbian with a disability, Afro Latino from Brazil, an Indian male, A bisexual British white woman, Indigenous American woman, Australian Aboriginal Male, Sunni Muslim girl

If you had a person from every country in the world. Which group would more people be able to identify with? My guess is the bottom group despite being diverse the top group is all one thing as well. I am not saying that every team should be a rainbow people from around the world but you can't sell a bunch of things that have huge commonality as being as diverse a bunch of things that are clearly different. If we are having a convo about using Havok, Cyclops, Cannonball then yeah Banshee, Colossus and Nightcrawler diversity brings something different to the table than just three white American males. If we are talking Banshee, Colossus, Cyclops and Sunspot, Neal Shaara and Sunfire and we are factoring the makeup of the rest of the X-men yeah race is bringing another element to the table.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Maggott would be so dope if like each of his eyeballs flew out of their sockets like dragonflies, and his stomach slugs still ate all matter, and he could do the dope Pestillence thing where he can spit a whole ass swarm of gnats or grubs lived under his finger nails etc..
    I don't need all that.

Just give him a healing factor, make him damn near immortal

Maybe let him have an exoskeleton he can throw up like an actual roach

Let his maggots be able to size change