Page 122 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4051

WandaVision by Mark Texeira.

WandaVision.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think they also might not have used Serbia because they were going to to talk about the Sokovia "Accords" in the next movie. I think folks might have thought there was actually a REAL Serbia "Accords" if they used that term. And I also think Marvel Studios wanted to avoid using Serbia because it was the site of quite a bit of destruction in the 90s due to conflicts in the former Yugoslavia. They probably didn't want to mix that up with the destruction of Novi Grad in the Age of Ultron for sensitivity reasons (which I agree with). Wanda has never even been written by female writers, let alone Romani ones, so a big part of her identity has been glossed over the entire span of her existence. Unfortunately, I don't expect that to change anytime soon (although lots of women are working on WandaVision, though none of them are Romani from what I've heard). I was actually surprised they changed Helmut Zemo's origins in the MCU by not making him German, but Sokovian. You'd figure he would have some interest in learning more about Wanda due to their common place of birth. But since he will be appearing in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, maybe HE'LL end up describing Sokovia there and not Wanda. Which makes me wonder who the heck the "villain(s)" of WandaVision will be. It can't be folks from Sokovia angry about Wanda's role in the destruction of Novi Grad because that story has already been done in Captain America: Civil War. The whole thing with SWORD confuses me. What do extraterrestrial threats to world security have anything to do with the Scarlet Witch? I don't know of any precedents in the comic books (that I read a LONG time ago) in which anybody would want to torment her and gain access to her powers.
    I really don't want to believe that people would get the lines blurred between fiction and reality that much, but you never know. They also tore up NY with a war with Thanos' army and no one thought that was real, so I'd like to hope not.

Movies/tv using anything Romani now would honestly require recast. So no they won't do that. What I hope for is in comics, they get Romani writers involved in that. Or at least consultants.

They haven't said who the villain is in WandaVision, just that it ties into Doctor Strange 2, so we are likely meant to not know to save us from spoilers. Same with the SWORD stuff.

As far as tormenting her to gain access to her powers, Morgan Le Fey did that. But it doesn't have to line up with the comics at all. There are so many villains in Marvel's history and so many that are Doctor Strange villains that could be used. Plus Chthon could always be a factor.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I really don't want to believe that people would get the lines blurred between fiction and reality that much, but you never know. They also tore up NY with a war with Thanos' army and no one thought that was real, so I'd like to hope not.

Movies/tv using anything Romani now would honestly require recast. So no they won't do that. What I hope for is in comics, they get Romani writers involved in that. Or at least consultants.

They haven't said who the villain is in WandaVision, just that it ties into Doctor Strange 2, so we are likely meant to not know to save us from spoilers. Same with the SWORD stuff.

As far as tormenting her to gain access to her powers, Morgan Le Fey did that. But it doesn't have to line up with the comics at all. There are so many villains in Marvel's history and so many that are Doctor Strange villains that could be used. Plus Chthon could always be a factor.
    I just think Marvel Studios wants to avoid offending people in Serbia by changing the name of Wanda's country of origin because Serbia WAS bombed in the 90s. And since there was going to be a battle with lots of casualties in Sokovia they just wanted to avoid that kind of connection. That's just my speculation though. I think Marvel's done a great job of trying to be sensitive to other countries' feelings when it comes to these things.

Yeah, I think the opportunity to redo Wanda as Romani on screen is past. I have no hope that Doctor Doom will be portrayed as Romani EITHER. The only good thing coming out of this whole "whitewashing" controversy is that maybe Marvel Comics would get it in their thick heads to have characters like Doom, Pietro and Wanda be written by Romani writers. That would be cool.

I understand why they are keeping things under wraps concerning who the bad guys are in WandaVision, but I don't recall her being involved in cosmic affairs that much in the comics. So that's where my curiosity lies. And thank you for reminding me about Morgan Le Fey and Chthon. They definitely would like to get their hands on Wanda's powers.

I have to be frank with you and level with you and say that you have REALLY surprised me with your comments lately. This goes for leokearon too. You both have clearly been lifelong fans of superhero comic books. Obviously you like the whole good vs evil thing and the action/adventure stuff that is associated with it. But I have to acknowledge that you SHOCKED me when you stated that you thoroughly enjoy the NON-superhero elements of the books just as much. I'm talking about stuff relating to Wanda and Vision which have NOTHING at all to do with their superpowers. When I occasionally visit other online forums or read Internet video comments, it seems like EVERYBODY talks about how they want Wanda to "go crazy and kill a bunch of people" and how they want Vision to "do something" in the movies. And do something clearly means beating up the bad guys/gals. You seem genuinely curious to explore the backstories and personalities of Wanda and Vision just as much anything else. How refreshing. I kind of think you're in the minority here though. Even in the CBR threads. Only a select few people are even aware that Vision played Chet Baker's I Fall in Love Too Easily while he was cooking for Wanda in Captain America: Civil War. I read on YouTube a comment from a user saying he never thought he would hear such a beautiful song in a Marvel movie. That stuff just totally goes over ninety percent of viewers' heads (it's not their fault because it IS pretty subtle in the movies). And you even clearly told me that's how Vision is ACTUALLY like in the comic books. Like he's just as interested in learning more about the world as he is in saving it (unlike so many other characters in the superhero genre). I totally didn't know that! I just remember him being a badass robotic Avenger. I also think it is really odd that Wanda absolutely wants to take part in Vision's journey of discovery. I don't know if that's totally accurate when it comes to the comics though. Wouldn't it make a hell of a lot more sense if she was more attracted to dudes like Doctor Strange, the Black Knight, Loki, Brother Voodoo, Captain Britain, Daimon Hellstrom, Modred the Mystic and even Doctor Doom? They are all so deeply involved magical affairs and are keenly connected to things related to sorcery (and that's where Wanda's talents and interests lie). I don't think any of them give a damn about music, visual arts, fashion and cuisine. I think it's amusing and quirky that Wanda likes a purple-faced, battery-operated dude who does.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-22-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Fantastic Member

I think they also might not have used Serbia because they were going to to talk about the Sokovia "Accords" in the next movie. I think folks might have thought there was actually a REAL Serbia "Accords" if they used that term. And I also think Marvel Studios wanted to avoid using Serbia because it was the site of quite a bit of destruction in the 90s due to conflicts in the former Yugoslavia. They probably didn't want to mix that up with the destruction of Novi Grad in the Age of Ultron for sensitivity reasons (which I agree with). Wanda has never even been written by female writers, let alone Romani ones, so a big part of her identity has been glossed over the entire span of her existence. Unfortunately, I don't expect that to change anytime soon (although lots of women are working on WandaVision, though none of them are Romani from what I've heard). I was actually surprised they changed Helmut Zemo's origins in the MCU by not making him German, but Sokovian. You'd figure he would have some interest in learning more about Wanda due to their common place of birth. But since he will be appearing in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, maybe HE'LL end up describing Sokovia there and not Wanda. Which makes me wonder who the heck the "villain(s)" of WandaVision will be. It can't be folks from Sokovia angry about Wanda's role in the destruction of Novi Grad because that story has already been done in Captain America: Civil War. The whole thing with SWORD confuses me. What do extraterrestrial threats to world security have anything to do with the Scarlet Witch? I don't know of any precedents in the comic books (that I read a LONG time ago) in which anybody would want to torment her and gain access to her powers.
    See, I think Zemo might actually reveal something about Wanda, that he knows due to his secret service connections, to Sam and Bucky in F&WS, about where she was actually born, and maybe mention some of the folklore about Wundagore Mountain.

I personally think SWORD's involvement points to Chthon.
    He has followers on Earth, as well as Witches, Werewolves, and Vampires in the shadows, and though Monica Rambeau is associated with cosmic stories she has an association with Wanda and Strange, in particular a Doctor Strange story involving Chthon's followers and Dracula. A thing to note is that Moon Knight claims to be the avatar of an extra-dimensional deity. Who would believe him, unless there was a precedent?
    Last edited by Relugus; 07-21-2020 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Tweaky

I have to be frank with you and level with you and say that you have REALLY surprised me with your comments lately. This goes for leokearon too. You both have clearly been lifelong fans of superhero comic books. Obviously you like the whole good vs evil thing and the action/adventure stuff that is associated with it. But I have to acknowledge that you SHOCKED me when you stated that you thoroughly enjoy the NON-superhero elements of the books just as much. I'm talking about stuff relating to Wanda and Vision which have NOTHING at all to do with their superpowers. When I occasionally visit other online forums or read Internet video comments, it seems like EVERYBODY talks about how they want Wanda to "go crazy and kill a bunch of people" and how they want Vision to "do something" in the movies. And do something clearly means beating up the bad guys/gals. You seem genuinely curious to explore the backstories and personalities of Wanda and Vision just as much anything else. How refreshing. I kind of think you're in the minority here though. Even in the CBR threads. Only a select few people are even aware that Vision played Chet Baker's I Fall in Love Too Easily while he was cooking for Wanda in Captain America: Civil War. I read on YouTube a comment from a user saying he never thought he would hear such a beautiful song in a Marvel movie. That stuff just totally goes over ninety percent of viewers' heads (it's not their fault because it IS pretty subtle in the movies). And you even clearly told me that's how Vision is ACTUALLY like in the comic books. Like he's just as interested in learning more about the world as he is in saving it (unlike so many other characters in the superhero genre). I totally didn't know that! I just remember him being a badass robotic Avenger. I also think it is really odd that Wanda absolutely wants to take part in Vision's journey of discovery. I don't know if that's totally accurate when it comes to the comics though. Wouldn't it make a hell of a lot more sense if she was more attracted to dudes like Doctor Strange, the Black Knight, Loki, Brother Voodoo, Captain Britain, Daimon Hellstrom, Modred the Mystic and even Doctor Doom? They are all so deeply involved magical affairs and are keenly connected to things related to sorcery (and that's where Wanda's talents and interests lie). I don't think any of them give a damn about music, visual arts, fashion and cuisine. I think it's amusing and quirky that Wanda likes a purple-faced, battery-operated dude who does.
    The non-superhero stuff is the more interesting stuff as it developes the character and makes them more human. Anyone can get a hero to fight a villain but it's exploring their character, what they do when they are not smashing robots and defeating crooks, that's the hard part and what sets all the different characters apart. I also love My Hero Academia and yes all the heroes and villains and the fights are epic, but I prefer reading about the kids being well kids and studying and living at U.A, that's why I love the Smash and School Briefs spinoffs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    See, I think Zemo might actually reveal something about Wanda, that he knows due to his secret service connections, to Sam and Bucky in F&WS, about where she was actually born, and maybe mention some of the folklore about Wundagore Mountain.
    Ooh, I forgot about Zemo being a Sokovian, and that he could get tied to with Wanda's Sokovian backstory. Neat!

I do enjoy how the MCU has been tying disparate elements together. Mysterio's tech comes from something we've already seen Stark use. Banner's experiment was an attempt to recreate the serum used on Cap. Stuff like that is cool to me, and make the setting/world feel interconnected and 'lived in.'

Today Guest Starring Wanda in Empyre X-Men 1 Flashback

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Today Guest Starring Wanda in Empyre X-Men 1 Flashback
    My gosh, you thought she would not ever pull a massive stupid stunt with mutants again. Guess what, she just did another stupid thing considering the mutants. They will now hate her even more and rightfully so.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

To be fair this stunt was to help and from a place of good intentions

I mean - her first stunt was to wipe out the X-gene and this is one born out of a desire to right a wrong committed against mutants.

Extraordinary Member

I wish Wanda was this remorseful publicly.

Why does she only show this attitude privately?
    Is she afraid it makes her look vulnerable? Too weak?

i pretend to not see it

Wanda also appears Empyre: Avengers Issue #1

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wish Wanda was this remorseful publicly.

Why does she only show this attitude privately?
    Is she afraid it makes her look vulnerable? Too weak?
    It's probably not on purpose, but I kinda like the dichotomy. There are people like that in real life, who are defensive or aggressive when confronted by a criticism or issue in public, but in private deal with depression and guilt about how they react to situations.